Paxton or Procharger

Rydawg1

Established Member
My car is my daily driver as well and I've been considering FI for a minute but still doing all my research. So far there's been a lot of good info in here!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Burning tires is fun but at some point your tastes will change to getting the car to hook so make sure you plan out a suspension that will get you going past the competition.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
Burning tires is fun but at some point your tastes will change to getting the car to hook so make sure you plan out a suspension that will get you going past the competition.

I enjoy pulling up next to cars on the hwy, and then john forcing the tires as I roll past them :) lol

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I went with the beefcake Paxton deal and added the competiton air inlet and 8 rib conversion....just ran a pair of 9.8's and a bunch of 9.9's and have gone 143.86 on the 3.48" pulley....very pleased with my Paxton setup!

what other mods?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I went with the beefcake Paxton deal and added the competiton air inlet and 8 rib conversion....just ran a pair of 9.8's and a bunch of 9.9's and have gone 143.86 on the 3.48" pulley....very pleased with my Paxton setup!

:rockon::rockon:

$4700 for a Paxton kit! ...I won't be thinking clearly for a couple days.

lol

I think I'll just go buy some tires, and throw them in the dumpster to remind myself what will happen.

just send them down this way

My car is my daily driver as well and I've been considering FI for a minute but still doing all my research. So far there's been a lot of good info in here!

I just had a guy in texas call me yesterday, he helps guys out with local installs and tuning. said the guy has the stage 1 procharger and iat's are reaching nearly 200 degrees running mid 10's

at low 9's we were only seeing 140's to 150's with the competition kit

I enjoy pulling up next to cars on the hwy, and then john forcing the tires as I roll past them :) lol

:)

hopony

Established Member

True but for now my money tree will only support some tire shredding horsepower.

mhyjek

Established Member
what other mods?
He has an aluminator motor with auto and convertor. I think he has BAP for fuel but can be done on stock motor but won't last long maybe a year tune of course tune to be spot on... I have a manual with stock bottom end with street tires ran 11.7 at 129 with 2.01 60 foot time. If I can hook in the 10 high tens if not better. Will find out this weekend, just got some bigs!

DanenGraham

Established Member
I just had a guy in texas call me yesterday, he helps guys out with local installs and tuning. said the guy has the stage 1 procharger and iat's are reaching nearly 200 degrees running mid 10's

at low 9's we were only seeing 140's to 150's with the competition kit

:)

Is this on pump gas or E85? Mixed? Spraying alky or water?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Vulgar amounts of horse power is usually a great first mod :banana: Eeehhh traction? We can sort that out a little later

It's more fun that way, I said F it and first mod was the paxton. Pretty fun slipping around on the street. Now I want nothing more than for the wheels and tires to come in and get the suspension done the same time. My car feels like a boat on its sloppy stock suspension.

hopony

Established Member
It's more fun that way, I said F it and first mod was the paxton. Pretty fun slipping around on the street. Now I want nothing more than for the wheels and tires to come in and get the suspension done the same time. My car feels like a boat on its sloppy stock suspension.

Car already has adjustable lca's plan on adding the upper lca and viking double adjustable rear shocks soon. Not sure if the lca relocation brackets help on a none lowered car but if they do I'll put those on too. Also going to switch to drag radial after sc is installed just not sure what size I want to go with yet.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah when you get the suspension right ,fi cars are even more fun ...i did mine 1st before i added the paxton so i have no idea what a paxton is like with the stock suspension!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
A paxton on stock suspension is just fine. A little bit of wheel hop at the track with drag radials but is nothing that will make you want to take the blower off. On the street is perfect. Ofcourse with lca and ucl it will improve but its not to bad with the stock parts.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
And if you want to spend about 2k more for a blower to pull hot air from the headers go for it because you are not smart enough to buy a second belt.

Try changing the belt on a Paxton kit on the side of the road................

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Try changing the belt on a Paxton kit on the side of the road................

I don't know why people always throw this up.

It isn't like the Paxton / vortech's throw belts every week or anything. we haven't thrown one in 3 years.

And if we did, it would take us about 15 minutes to change.

I don't think in 3 years, I've seen one guy post about being "stranded" because of a belt.....

anything could break at any time on a car.

try changing the belt on the car stock if it breaks, going to be a pain too, because you probably don't have one. The vortech / Paxton's use the stock tensioner, so they don't put any more stress on a belt,

I see whipple cars throwing more belts than Paxton cars. I saw the green car throw 2 in a row in bg last year, made a hell of a lot more mess than any Paxton / vortech belt I've ever seen

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread