Paxton or Procharger

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I've ALWAYS wondered about the Paxton Coolant Reservoir. TO ME it's an eyesore where it is placed (wedged between the passenger side coil cover and firewall)

coolantreservoir_zps8a9f0931.gif

Is there ANY way to go about moving that hideous thing out of site?????????

Last edited:

sean04

Established Member
I've ALWAYS wondered about the Paxton Coolant Reservoir. TO ME it's an eyesore where it is placed (wedged between the passenger side coil cover and firewall)

coolantreservoir_zps8a9f0931.gif

Is there ANY way to go about moving that hideous thing out of site?????????

Isn't that jpc's answer to the leak prone POS reservoir they supply with the paxton kit?

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I dislike the paxton/vortech due to the s/c mounting backwards. I have one on my 03 Mach1 and belt or pullley changes are a mfer!!
I prefer the TVS, whipple etc

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I dislike the paxton/vortech due to the s/c mounting backwards. I have one on my 03 Mach1 and belt or pullley changes are a mfer!!
I prefer the TVS, whipple etc

We can change a belt with a lift in 10 minutes

without I lift in 15 minutes.

You shouldn't have to change a belt very often to be honest with you.

We have yet to have a problem with belts on these cars.

Very solid setup

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the belt is not that hard to change on the vortech/paxton blowers. also it shouldnt need to be changed all that often. but if you like tvs more i hope is not just because the belt.

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
the belt is not that hard to change on the vortech/paxton blowers. also it shouldnt need to be changed all that often. but if you like tvs more i hope is not just because the belt.

The op says he didn't like the TVS

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
heres my thoughts. I have a vortech supercharged 2003 Mach1 with a front mount air to air. I had an 03 Cobra with a pulley and CAI, the mach makes 440, the cobra 478. Driving the two there is no comparison. The cobra puts down so much power earlier in the RPM band that it would just leave the Mach1 (My mach1 has ran a best of 7.4 in the 1/8th)

For money, I may end up with a Paxton. If I can swing it I will end up with a whipple or tvs, just for the low end tq, which makes street driving more fun to me and I dont have to RPM my engine to death to get it to make power.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
heres my thoughts. I have a vortech supercharged 2003 Mach1 with a front mount air to air. I had an 03 Cobra with a pulley and CAI, the mach makes 440, the cobra 478. Driving the two there is no comparison. The cobra puts down so much power earlier in the RPM band that it would just leave the Mach1 (My mach1 has ran a best of 7.4 in the 1/8th)

For money, I may end up with a Paxton. If I can swing it I will end up with a whipple or tvs, just for the low end tq, which makes street driving more fun to me and I dont have to RPM my engine to death to get it to make power.

You have to remember that this motors make a lot more torque than the mod 4.6 motors though. And this motors like to rev. When you get in the powerband a centri and pd are pretty much even. Street driving unless you have good tires its a smoke show with either a tvs or centri. On this motor at least.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You have to remember that this motors make a lot more torque than the mod 4.6 motors though. And this motors like to rev. When you get in the powerband a centri and pd are pretty much even. Street driving unless you have good tires its a smoke show with either a tvs or centri. On this motor at least.

yep

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
thats the point, frying tires with ease :) lol

yes, I know they will all do it. Maybe I'll hit beef up for the Paxton, I'm having a birthday soon, I deserve it :)

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I went with the beefcake Paxton deal and added the competiton air inlet and 8 rib conversion....just ran a pair of 9.8's and a bunch of 9.9's and have gone 143.86 on the 3.48" pulley....very pleased with my Paxton setup!

Users who are viewing this thread