Paxton or Procharger

SD_Stang

Established Member
Beef is there any major difference between the Paxton and Vortech or is like the 3rd Gen F Bodies it's just a different name on it? (as far as the entry level kit for a CA DD car)

SD_Stang

Established Member
Oh boy, here we go again.

So a Paxton or Vortech blower puts NO stress on a crank? :rollseyes

I gave him my personal opinion, he asked for opinions. As far as Racing, I pointed out that Procharger Leads the way, you can't deny that. If racing doesn't matter, why are you always quoting you are the fastest Blue coyote made on Tuesday with a Vortech? :shrug:

The Coyotes are flooded with Paxtons because they are a cheap, it's a good business and marketing model. Like I said in prior posts above, the Paxton is a nice blower and makes power, never said it didn't.

I'm not going to trash his thread in a pissing match.

The OP asked about a DD not about a Race Car I'm not sure what thread you were reading. I'm not sure what genius thought of the Design for the Procharger Intake that sticking over a header pipe would be good but I think it's the worst design out there based on that alone. you would need a better than average Intercooler to make up for that flaw and they don't without spending more money.

What your saying is if we were comparing a Mustang GT vs a Camaro SS and then the Camaro says well we have this ZR1 and the Camaro benefits from it. and because the ZR1 is a Super car the Camaro must be great to... OP is looking for Apples to Apples of what is better for a DD that's it.

Cost, Functionality, Power, Street Manners is what he would like to hear about.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef is there any major difference between the Paxton and Vortech or is like the 3rd Gen F Bodies it's just a different name on it? (as far as the entry level kit for a CA DD car)

The V3 is a smaller head unit.

In the vortech lineup you have

V3
T Trim
JT trim = Paxton 2200

The v3 is the standard blower from the vortech side. It comes pullied for about 8.5 psi with the stock airbox.

the JT comes pullied for about 7.5 with the stock air box.

On a base pulley, they will make about the same power due to the extra 1 psi.

the v3 may be a little more responsive on the stock pulley for the simple fact it's closer to it's peak efficiency. If you are looking for around 600 rwhp. Either kit would suffice.

The v3 would probably generate 5-10 degree higher iat's

poof100

Established Member
The OP asked about a DD not about a Race Car I'm not sure what thread you were reading. I'm not sure what genius thought of the Design for the Procharger Intake that sticking over a header pipe would be good but I think it's the worst design out there based on that alone. you would need a better than average Intercooler to make up for that flaw and they don't without spending more money.

What your saying is if we were comparing a Mustang GT vs a Camaro SS and then the Camaro says well we have this ZR1 and the Camaro benefits from it. and because the ZR1 is a Super car the Camaro must be great to... OP is looking for Apples to Apples of what is better for a DD that's it.

Cost, Functionality, Power, Street Manners is what he would like to hear about.

And I gave him my opinion for a Street kit to run the Stage 2 Procharger Kit.

Also, what people are failing to mention with slamming the P1 head unit, is that the Entry Level Vortech Kit with the S trim head unit is on par with the P1 head unit for kits. The Paxton 2200/JT trim units are a step up.

Again, the Paxton kit is cheaper and a nice blower kit. As far as street manners, I've run both a P1 and D1 head unit, both are fine on the street, never any issues. I'm sure the Paxton has a similar experience.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
There's a bunch of brand loyalist around here....I'm more of a show me results type of guy and without a doubt Paxton has been proven to do that time and time again for this platform.

0.jpg

0.jpg

we all know you love your paxton kits

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Oh boy, here we go again.

So a Paxton or Vortech blower puts NO stress on a crank? :rollseyes

I gave him my personal opinion, he asked for opinions. As far as Racing, I pointed out that Procharger Leads the way, you can't deny that. If racing doesn't matter, why are you always quoting you are the fastest Blue coyote made on Tuesday with a Vortech? :shrug:

The Coyotes are flooded with Paxtons because they are a cheap, it's a good business and marketing model. Like I said in prior posts above, the Paxton is a nice blower and makes power, never said it didn't.

I'm not going to trash his thread in a pissing match.

Not trying to get in a pissing match. My point is this. The Paxton kit uses the oem type belt routing, with the oem tensioner for tightening the belt. The belt is no tighter on the crank or pulling on the crank, any more than the oem setup.

the Paxton kit sticks a big pulley "on front of the factory balancer" adding additional weight. Also adding an additional belt with an added tensioner pulling on it.

If you don't think that is additional stress vs the factory tensioner, then I see no reasoning with you on that point.

And for the record. The car is the Fastest Street Legal Coyote on the planet currently, any color, built any day, :)

Just to clarify ;) Oh yeah, and it's the same platform........

poof100

Established Member
Not trying to get in a pissing match. My point is this. The Paxton kit uses the oem type belt routing, with the oem tensioner for tightening the belt. The belt is no tighter on the crank or pulling on the crank, any more than the oem setup.

the Paxton kit sticks a big pulley "on front of the factory balancer" adding additional weight. Also adding an additional belt with an added tensioner pulling on it.

If you don't think that is additional stress vs the factory tensioner, then I see no reasoning with you on that point.

And for the record. The car is the Fastest Street Legal Coyote on the planet currently, any color, built any day, :)

Just to clarify ;) Oh yeah, and it's the same platform........

I never said the Procharger doesn't put stress on the crank, but like you said, no sense in arguing, we each like our own.

As far as fastest, some added incentive to get to BG now :burnout:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
And I gave him my opinion for a Street kit to run the Stage 2 Procharger Kit.

Also, what people are failing to mention with slamming the P1 head unit, is that the Entry Level Vortech Kit with the S trim head unit is on par with the P1 head unit for kits. The Paxton 2200/JT trim units are a step up.

Again, the Paxton kit is cheaper and a nice blower kit. As far as street manners, I've run both a P1 and D1 head unit, both are fine on the street, never any issues. I'm sure the Paxton has a similar experience.

The v3 kit does have smaller head unit, but it does have the same intercooler / piping without paying extra. It also has the factory air box placement too.

I know of 2 v3 owners currently running 9.7's and 9.8's respectively, one is on this board. DTony.

As far as streetability, either of the kits will drive great on the street. you are correct.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef, does vortech ysi fit?

it will, but you can't really spin it fast enough to take advantage of the rpm you need

the blower has a different gear ratio than the 2200 and the peak efficiency is at a higher rpm.

you can make it work, were the only ones that have done it successfully, but it will take a bit of work and more investment

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Only reason I got my procharger kit was because I traded it for that junk hellion single kit.

If I were to do it alllll over again, I'd go with a vortech JT-trim kit.

I hate the procharger fan. They're stupid for including that loud piece of shit in their kits.

sean04

Established Member
Will paxton have a solution if your running the cj intake? And do they provide proper coolant hoses now, or do you still have to hack up your existing lines and hope they don't leak when done?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Will paxton have a solution if your running the cj intake? And do they provide proper coolant hoses now, or do you still have to hack up your existing lines and hope they don't leak when done?

I don't know about the cj but I doubt it will work with the paxton/vortech blowers. As for the cooling hose.... Well you have to hack them but if you do it right there is no reason for them to leak at all.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
you would probably have to have an adapter of some sort for the wider intake to angle it to the side.

i would think that the head unit gets on the way. idk i think is a waste of money anyways. nothing a step down pulley wont fix.

Users who are viewing this thread