Paxton or Procharger

hopony

Established Member
Ok, I have a m6 13 GT and want to add a centri type blower. I know the paxton/vortech kit is cheaper, but what kit would be better for a daily driven car. I would like to make over 600hp on stock bottom end on 93 gas.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
A stage 2 procharger with a d1 head unit will make the same power as the vortech/paxton setups for pump gas 9-10psi typical application. It does cost more and the intercooler is slightly smaller. The prochargers seem to win in the tq department by 10-20wtq. Way too many varibles for me to confirm it as proof.

All 3 blowers will make 600 with ease and have 100% perfect driveability.

BV600

Established Member
Ive owned a Stage II Procharger D1SC. If I could do it again I would have went Paxton...
-Noisey fan
-Bad filter placement
-Climbing temps (220ish) / IATs by the end of making pulls.
Easy install though, make sure procharger sends you the right blower belt, took 2months to figure out why I was only seeing 4-5lbs boost on a 10psi pulley.

They will all make the same power but in means of flowing air and making the most power its in this order V3-si,D1,2200,F1a

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Paxton hands down, and i'm not saying that just because i have 1. I was gonna buy a pro charger till I found out about Paxton!

1) The Paxton s/c uses the same factory pulley system so there is no added stress on your crank. Pro Charger adds another pulley for its belt set up.

2) The Paxton s/c comes with a bigger intercooler so there are no heat soak issues. You have to order the procharger race intercooler which is extra $$ for the best cooling.

3)The Paxton s/c has a bigger head unit which leaves room to grow your power. Pro charger will not make as much power because of this.

4)The Paxton air intake is in a better area to receive cool incoming air. Procharger air intake draws from the back end of the engine bey.

5) The Paxton s/c costs less as much as $500 less then the procharger.

6) The Paxton s/c makes very little noise even when wound up compared to the procharger, you have to order helical gears to get the procharger to be quieter.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Procharger hands down. Less couplings to blow off. And if you happen to shred your supercharger belt, you can still get home.............

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Procharger hands down. Less couplings to blow off. And if you happen to shred your supercharger belt, you can still get home.............

If you have a 50 mm tial bov like i do you won't blow any couplings off! And i have the worm clamps!

Why pay more for a pro charger and get less!

mhyjek

Established Member
And if you want to spend about 2k more for a blower to pull hot air from the headers go for it because you are not smart enough to buy a second belt.

BV600

Established Member
Procharger isn't that much. I got a stage II Tuner kit with D1SC for around 4700.

poof100

Established Member
It all depends on what you want to do now and for the future, all blowers are good and make power depending on what you want to do.

Some misinformation in the posts above however:

The Stage 2 Procharger Kit has an Intercooler that is as good as the Paxton 2200/Vortech JT Intercooler.

The Procharger Race Intercooler blows the Paxton/Vortech cooler out of the water.

The Paxton 2200/JT Trim head units will make more power than the Procharger P1 head units, and most likely on the D1. Stepping up to the F1 head units puts you into big power territory.

Procharger head units were the first to be self contained/self lubricated and first to include Intercoolers with their kits. You now have Paxton/Vortechs with self lubricated head units and Intercoolers included in the kits.

The Paxton 2200 is the cheapest and easiest way to make big power, so if you want 9s on the cheap, the Paxton kit is the way to go.

All the kits have their Pros/Cons, some are cheaper than others etc, just depends on what you want to spend and how much power you want to make.

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
Procharger isn't that much. I got a stage II Tuner kit with D1SC for around 4700.
What injectors did you get with the kit? Did you get a BAP with it as well? Because I got a polished paxton 2200 with a BAP and ID 1000s for less than $4700.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the paxton is a tight fit but it works wonderful.. i only blew a pipe once and that was the day after i installed it. i put it back together and i am still using the crappy worm gear clams. ALOT of wot pulls later not a single issue. over 3k miles on the paxton without a single boost pipe coming off and im making about 9-10psi at 7500rpm. i also have the plastic water tank that comes with the paxton and it only leaked because i overfilled it. it has not leaked a single drop. i would give the paxton a 9.5 out of 10. if i were to do it again with a centri blower paxton would be the winner hands down.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What injectors did you get with the kit? Did you get a BAP with it as well? Because I got a polished paxton 2200 with a BAP and ID 1000s for less than $4700.

the tuner kit doesn't come with injectors

It all depends on what you want to do now and for the future, all blowers are good and make power depending on what you want to do.

Some misinformation in the posts above however:

The Stage 2 Procharger Kit has an Intercooler that is as good as the Paxton 2200/Vortech JT Intercooler.

The Procharger Race Intercooler blows the Paxton/Vortech cooler out of the water.

The Paxton 2200/JT Trim head units will make more power than the Procharger P1 head units, and most likely on the D1. Stepping up to the F1 head units puts you into big power territory.

Procharger head units were the first to be self contained/self lubricated and first to include Intercoolers with their kits. You now have Paxton/Vortechs with self lubricated head units and Intercoolers included in the kits.

The Paxton 2200 is the cheapest and easiest way to make big power, so if you want 9s on the cheap, the Paxton kit is the way to go.

All the kits have their Pros/Cons, some are cheaper than others etc, just depends on what you want to spend and how much power you want to make.

Pretty correct. And the d1 is less powerful than the Paxton, you really need to step up to an f1 for equal power.

The stage 2 intercooler Is close, but still falls below what the Paxton will do, or perhaps it's the heat that it generates from the hot air it's sucking in.

Coffeeman has the quickest procharged car, Hit IAT's were well over 200 degrees running mid 9's

I was running 9.0's with the Paxton and temps were in the 140's to 150's tops.

The biggest point of note is cost.

The Paxton kit is cheaper than the stage 1 procharger. Now, to upgrade to the stage 2, your even more expensive, then to upgrade to an f1, even more expensive, and your still going to have the crank stress (ask coffeeman about his broke crank), higher inlet air temps, etc..

That is why the Paxton is the best bank for the buck period.

And as far as worrying about Belts breaking. With nearly 100 5.0 Paxton cars on the road, I have yet to have one customer call me with a broken belt.

OP, we can set you up with a great Paxton deal. I have a kit in stock and ready to ship.

Beef
513-478-1965

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Procharger stage 2, $6300.00 good for 950hp

2011-13 Mustang GT/BOSS Stage 2 Procharger Package - Justin's Performance Center

Paxton competition kit, $6300.00 good for 1032 hp

2011+ GT/BOSS 5.0 JPC COMPETITION PAXTON KIT - Justin's Performance Center

82 hp more for the same price..which would you choose!

the competition kit isn't needed for guys wanting 600-700 rwhp.

above that, the 8 rib isn't a bad idea.

our competition special is a couple hundred less as well

we also use paypal bill me later

Users who are viewing this thread