Paxton or Procharger

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Procharger stage 2, $6300.00 good for 950hp

2011-13 Mustang GT/BOSS Stage 2 Procharger Package - Justin's Performance Center

Paxton competition kit, $6300.00 good for 1032 hp

2011+ GT/BOSS 5.0 JPC COMPETITION PAXTON KIT - Justin's Performance Center

82 hp more for the same price..which would you choose!

is not always about max hp. a paxton will be running more efficient at least say 800rwhp than the stage 2 procharger. not many guys here are going to push either of those blowers to the absolute limit.

hopony

Established Member
It all depends on what you want to do now and for the future, all blowers are good and make power depending on what you want to do.

Some misinformation in the posts above however:

The Stage 2 Procharger Kit has an Intercooler that is as good as the Paxton 2200/Vortech JT Intercooler.

The Procharger Race Intercooler blows the Paxton/Vortech cooler out of the water.

The Paxton 2200/JT Trim head units will make more power than the Procharger P1 head units, and most likely on the D1. Stepping up to the F1 head units puts you into big power territory.

Procharger head units were the first to be self contained/self lubricated and first to include Intercoolers with their kits. You now have Paxton/Vortechs with self lubricated head units and Intercoolers included in the kits.

The Paxton 2200 is the cheapest and easiest way to make big power, so if you want 9s on the cheap, the Paxton kit is the way to go.

All the kits have their Pros/Cons, some are cheaper than others etc, just depends on what you want to spend and how much power you want to make.

Price is a concern but the car will be daily driven so if spending extra makes it more reliable it would be worth it to me.

I have seen dyno graphs for each kit on here and know both the stage 2 procharger and the Paxton kit will put me where I want to be 600-650 rwhp.

My install location likes the procharger kit but has never put one on a coyote mustang.

Both kit will make more power than I need, but I plan to stay with the stock bottom end as long as I can.

hopony

Established Member
the tuner kit doesn't come with injectors

Pretty correct. And the d1 is less powerful than the Paxton, you really need to step up to an f1 for equal power.

The stage 2 intercooler Is close, but still falls below what the Paxton will do, or perhaps it's the heat that it generates from the hot air it's sucking in.

Coffeeman has the quickest procharged car, Hit IAT's were well over 200 degrees running mid 9's

I was running 9.0's with the Paxton and temps were in the 140's to 150's tops.

The biggest point of note is cost.

The Paxton kit is cheaper than the stage 1 procharger. Now, to upgrade to the stage 2, your even more expensive, then to upgrade to an f1, even more expensive, and your still going to have the crank stress (ask coffeeman about his broke crank), higher inlet air temps, etc..

That is why the Paxton is the best bank for the buck period.

And as far as worrying about Belts breaking. With nearly 100 5.0 Paxton cars on the road, I have yet to have one customer call me with a broken belt.

OP, we can set you up with a great Paxton deal. I have a kit in stock and ready to ship.

Beef
513-478-1965

LOL beef, I knew what your response was going to be before I hit submit. Since you sell so many of these kits how reliable are the head units a year or two down the road an daily driven cars. I usually do about 12 to 15k a year. Also I see that mose of the 9 second cars run an oil feed 2200. Why is that?

BV600

Established Member
What injectors did you get with the kit? Did you get a BAP with it as well? Because I got a polished paxton 2200 with a BAP and ID 1000s for less than $4700.

Nope but it had an 8 rib setup for that price. After Injectors and bap I had 5500ish in it. At the time of buying the kit, paxton wasn't big and probably nobody had them

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Nope but it had an 8 rib setup for that price. After Injectors and bap I had 5500ish in it. At the time of buying the kit, paxton wasn't big and probably nobody had them

thats not bad. id1000s? i paid about 5300 for my setup with tune included. they are a bit less now. paxton kits that is.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
LOL beef, I knew what your response was going to be before I hit submit. Since you sell so many of these kits how reliable are the head units a year or two down the road an daily driven cars. I usually do about 12 to 15k a year. Also I see that mose of the 9 second cars run an oil feed 2200. Why is that?

Sean Kelly was probably one of the fastest Paxton 5.0 out there....he ran low 9s with a 2200sl head unit.

D.T.R

Established Member
OP, there is a guy with a procharger 5.0 here in town... he makes over 600whp... if you would like get a ride or check the setup out, let me know. he's a cool guy and wouldn't mind.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Most guys buy the entry level kits,

The stock head unit and intercooler with the procharger just can't hang with the Paxton unit.

hell there are a couple v3 (2 steps down from the 2200) guys running 9's.

There are a bunch more Paxton guys out there too as well, mainly due to cost.

As far as reliability, there is nothing about the procharger that makes it more reliable than the vortech. IMO it's the opposite, the extra heat, the added crank stress.

Both companies make a good "head unit" I think you would get a long life out of the head unit itself with either company.

mhyjek

Established Member
Did you buy this new or used??? That's a smokin deal IMO
I got the kit new from beef back in April the best part I paid $4499 installed, but I added a lot of other goodies so I spent more. It was when beef and JPC where having a pricing battle. But I'm sure beef can do a good deal now and probably beat most other vendors prices.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
With the prices that beef has on his Sig you should be around 5000-5200 with a bap and remote tuning session.

poof100

Established Member
Price is a concern but the car will be daily driven so if spending extra makes it more reliable it would be worth it to me.

I have seen dyno graphs for each kit on here and know both the stage 2 procharger and the Paxton kit will put me where I want to be 600-650 rwhp.

My install location likes the procharger kit but has never put one on a coyote mustang.

Both kit will make more power than I need, but I plan to stay with the stock bottom end as long as I can.

If you want my opinion and this was my personal car, I'd go with the Stage 2 Procharger kit, but that's just me. The D1 head unit makes plenty of power and you get a solid Intercooler. Like I mentioned, Procharger has had self lubricated Head units for over 12 years now. Also, Procharger was the first to have the higher Step up ratio (more efficient, less belt slippage).

The Paxton 2200 is cheaper yes, and definitely a nice blower, but if it were my car, I'd go with the Stage 2 Procharger setup. Blowers put plenty of stress on the cranks, whether there is an additional pulley or not.

Lastly, Procharger leads the way in Heads up Racing by far. Their innovative F series Race blowers have technology that trickles down to the street blowers. I know you are looking at a street setup, but Procharger has the best Race blowers bar none and you get the trickle down effects of their Race program in the street kits.

Now, if the OP wanted to go fast for cereal, he'd go turbo :D

+1, :rockon:

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Turbos are great but I think that blower cars are running harder at the strip at least. It could be because there is like 10 time more of them out there though.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you want my opinion and this was my personal car, I'd go with the Stage 2 Procharger kit, but that's just me. The D1 head unit makes plenty of power and you get a solid Intercooler. Like I mentioned, Procharger has had self lubricated Head units for over 12 years now. Also, Procharger was the first to have the higher Step up ratio (more efficient, less belt slippage).

The Paxton 2200 is cheaper yes, and definitely a nice blower, but if it were my car, I'd go with the Stage 2 Procharger setup. Blowers put plenty of stress on the cranks, whether there is an additional pulley or not.

Lastly, Procharger leads the way in Heads up Racing by far. Their innovative F series Race blowers have technology that trickles down to the street blowers. I know you are looking at a street setup, but Procharger has the best Race blowers bar none and you get the trickle down effects of their Race program in the street kits.

+1, :rockon:

The crank stress statement is 100% incorrect. The Paxton uses the OEM tensioner for the belt. The crank has no additional stress at all.

The Paxton slaps an extra pulley off of the front of the car with an added tensioner.

That is far from no extra crank stress.

As far as they have been SL longer? What does that have to do with anything?

As far as leading heads up racing, what does that have to do with the Coyote platform?

The guy isn't looking to go heads up racing in renegade or outlaw. What matters is how they are performing on this platform. And it's been proven over the last 3 years, the Paxton will outperform the Procharger kit.

Why spend $1500 more for a sub par kit?

Higher IAT's, Fact. More Crank Stress. Fact. Less HP Potential. Fact

MORE MONEY, FACT.

What's better about any of that?

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
There's a bunch of brand loyalist around here....I'm more of a show me results type of guy and without a doubt Paxton has been proven to do that time and time again for this platform.

poof100

Established Member
The crank stress statement is 100% incorrect. The Paxton uses the OEM tensioner for the belt. The crank has no additional stress at all.

The Paxton slaps an extra pulley off of the front of the car with an added tensioner.

That is far from no extra crank stress.

As far as they have been SL longer? What does that have to do with anything?

As far as leading heads up racing, what does that have to do with the Coyote platform?

The guy isn't looking to go heads up racing in renegade or outlaw. What matters is how they are performing on this platform. And it's been proven over the last 3 years, the Paxton will outperform the Procharger kit.

Why spend $1500 more for a sub par kit?

Higher IAT's, Fact. More Crank Stress. Fact. Less HP Potential. Fact

MORE MONEY, FACT.

What's better about any of that?

Oh boy, here we go again.

So a Paxton or Vortech blower puts NO stress on a crank? :rollseyes

I gave him my personal opinion, he asked for opinions. As far as Racing, I pointed out that Procharger Leads the way, you can't deny that. If racing doesn't matter, why are you always quoting you are the fastest Blue coyote made on Tuesday with a Vortech? :shrug:

The Coyotes are flooded with Paxtons because they are a cheap, it's a good business and marketing model. Like I said in prior posts above, the Paxton is a nice blower and makes power, never said it didn't.

I'm not going to trash his thread in a pissing match.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There's a bunch of brand loyalist around here....I'm more of a show me results type of guy and without a doubt Paxton has been proven to do that time and time again for this platform.

0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread