On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

Johani

Established Member
Chris is tuning my car too. What spring did you go with? I'm assuming Tial springs will work right?[/

i had to change them and put the black hard ones you get in the box they made 9 psi on my car and they are hard to install
and the preinstalled ones are limited to 5 psi we did the measurement on the dayno

Johani

Established Member
since yesterday i got a big knock every time just after the car starting then nothing and that cames from the Blow Off Valve on the inter-collar is it normal?

Motu Lemafa

Established Member
Does anyone have pictures of how you hook up the turbo oil feed lines to the engine? My assembly "guide" says to refer to the pictures, but there are no pictures of it provided..
6315d97cd970fbd05d66fed0544688f5.jpg

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\Thanks. I did figure it out already by trial and error. Would have been much quicker if I had a picture like this from the start..

Johani

Established Member
Anyone notice their bov being open at idle? I know it doesn't matter because it's before the maf. I was hunting down a weird clank sound after start up and it's the bov snapping open about 15sec after I start the car. It works fine so far (haven't been into boost yet and it closes when the car is off) but the clank is annoying.

yes me since yesterday i got a big knock every time just after the car starting then nothing and that comes from the Blow Off Valve on the inter-collar is it normal?

MRSUPRA

Established Member
This is confusing.
So are the springs in the waste gates ok?
Is the spring in the BOV ok?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Waste gates are fine. It's the bov spring that is weak, leaving the bov open at idle.

Mine has always been that way. Doesn't really matter as the maf is after the IC and the cold side piping doesn't see vacuum. My concern was rain or bugs getting in there on decel but it's never been an issue.

helloWorld

Established Member
Question for the turbo guys. Do you have to let your car idle for a little bit (to let the oil cool down) before you shut it off after you drive it for a little while?

Users who are viewing this thread