On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

Johani

Established Member
Hi every one did any body has any issue with the waste gate springs the black one concerning the boost and how
i can measure the boost of each one
thx

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So I finally installed my engine cover. Last few engine pics of LowNSlowNeon motivated me to get off my ass.

Also............. For anyone interested in this kit Late Model Resto has them on sale for $200 off right now.

IMG_1129_zpsy0r8bmjs.jpg

IMG_1131_zps3r1agyeo.jpg

shitty iphone pics.

Last edited:

Motu Lemafa

Established Member
Hi every one did any body has any issue with the waste gate springs the black one concerning the boost and how
i can measure the boost of each one
thx
I'd like to know as well. I'm just speculating but I think I've heard 6lbs.

Johani

Established Member
Finely tuned and running but the engine is knocking when i shift to the wrong gear tomorrow ill put 98 octane and see the difference

Johani

Established Member
put 98 octane and still knocking some times is it normal
i got 460 Hp at 5000 rpm and 479 of torque we used the pre-installed springs with 6 psi
and we will do an other run next week be cause the tuner didn't want to go hard on the new turbo he said .

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
i got 460 Hp at 5000 rpm and 479 of torque we used the pre-installed springs with 6 psi
and we will do an other run next week be cause the tuner didn't want to go hard on the new turbo he said .

That doesn't sound good, is your tuner familiar with these cars? I would probably look elsewhere for a tune, motors are not cheap.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ agree. something not right. It should make low-mid 500s on 5-6 psi on gas.

I wasn't getting any knock during the initial tuning with 91 octane and about 15* total timing.

Johani

Established Member
I could not find a good one here is there any way that i can get a tune for the car and flashe it by x4or hpt
I realy need help here

Last edited:

Big Q

Established Member
I could not find a good one here is there any way that i can get a tune for the car and flashe it by x4or hpt
I realy need help here

Yes people utilize remote tuning all the time and then download them to the X4 then upload to the car. I don't know if AED or Lund tune the ON3 kits but I'm sure TSS in Texas does so I'd start by emailing those guys.

toomnymods

Established Member

might want to contact triangle speed shop thier tuner is top notch and he has remote tuned many turbo cars and can definatly get you hooked up.. He's probably one of the top 3 tuners in the U.S.

Johani

Established Member
bay the way i went to see him again to get this cleared out and he kept seeing i the knocking is normal if i shift the 6th gear while driving 5-60/ m/h it too low he said and i emailed the triangle speed and waiting .
this is the garage and the tuner from Mexico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOi-zXCuOMU
thx

Big Q

Established Member
bay the way i went to see him again to get this cleared out and he kept seeing i the knocking is normal if i shift the 6th gear while driving 5-60/ m/h it too low he said and i emailed the triangle speed and waiting .
this is the garage and the tuner from Mexico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOi-zXCuOMU
thx

Knocking is not normal at all, your either experiencing some sort of false knock ( exhaust tapping frame somewhere, exhaust leak) or possibly bad gas. I'd hold off on driving the car or doing anything with it for that matter until Daniel at TSS returns your email.

Johani

Established Member
Knocking is not normal at all, your either experiencing some sort of false knock ( exhaust tapping frame somewhere, exhaust leak) or possibly bad gas. I'd hold off on driving the car or doing anything with it for that matter until Daniel at TSS returns your email.

OK got that
thx

Johani

Established Member
dose gaping have something to do with it because they gaped the spark plugs to 0.4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread