On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

jassoom55

Established Member
Can anyone please tell me the part number for the pancake filter (small one) because the one came with on3 is not fitting on the driver side because of the abs.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
both those filters are awfully small and seem very restrictive on many levels for a turbo car imo.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Causes turbulence or something?

IDK if it was turbulence or negative charged air or something like that. I remember wondering the same thing about these filters and saw a graph was provided by K&N themselves to help with troubleshooting some guys issue. Come to find out even with the larger filters, he was not getting enough positive air charge for his set up. Whatever that set up was, I believe he needed somewhere around a 9in filter to help produce a productive charge of air which in whatever case it was resolved his issue.

This is all going on cloudy memory so do not quote me verbatim. It was based along those lines. I am sure there are recordings of both good and bad that has been well documented with these smaller filters in general. Like someone said above, even without filters all together.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
gimmie11's have you ran your car at the strip yet with the twins?

Not sure how i missed this but no... I hope to make it out in Feb for the next street legal event. Car is running HARD right now in the cooler weather.. i need to get it on the track.

On another note, i finally tore down the drivers side hot parts and reasembled so they dont rub on the steering shaft. Not sure how i fumbled it up the first time around, but some simple re positioning of the down pipes and now i have plenty of room with no more vibrations.

Car is driving great!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
With the colder weather mine will spin the 305 drag radials on a 3rd gear roll on..... On the wastegate springs--6 psi.

Car is beast in the cold weather!

I've been playing with adding some e85 to the tank as well... Been messing with a 30% mix of e85/pump 91 octane and the car runs excellent.

Good times

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
30% without a tune?
285/45/20 mpss on waste gate pressure holy holds up to about 55mph and faster. I know the cold is the reason but it's still bad ass.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep.. Same tune. Keeping a close eye on AFR and I haven't seen it go any leaner than 11.2 or so on a WOT 3rd gear pull.

Actually dips into the high 10s most of the time.

JTS_7

Established Member
IDK if it was turbulence or negative charged air or something like that. I remember wondering the same thing about these filters and saw a graph was provided by K&N themselves to help with troubleshooting some guys issue. Come to find out even with the larger filters, he was not getting enough positive air charge for his set up. Whatever that set up was, I believe he needed somewhere around a 9in filter to help produce a productive charge of air which in whatever case it was resolved his issue.

This is all going on cloudy memory so do not quote me verbatim. It was based along those lines. I am sure there are recordings of both good and bad that has been well documented with these smaller filters in general. Like someone said above, even without filters all together.

What? Lmao sounds like something out of back to the future.

I'm pretty sure someone on here logged/ dynoed/ tracked with and without filters and the gains were minimal without filters.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
What? Lmao sounds like something out of back to the future.

I'm pretty sure someone on here logged/ dynoed/ tracked with and without filters and the gains were minimal without filters.

yeah, just something I was reading a while ago regarding filter/non filters this and that. Sorta outta my complete comprehension lol. Not my write up anyways. Just took it as info and not to run with it. I am also sure someone has done their own testing as well. IMO it is whatever works best for a individual car. Not everyone would come up with the same results for several reasons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread