On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

Johani

Established Member
Don't have any personal experience with them, I do know Daniel from TSS is top notch as well as Shaun at AED but I'm not sure if Shaun tunes the ON3 kits.

AED and lethal performance they dont tune on3.
Waiting for TSS to respond :shrug:

Johani

Established Member
Tss just emailed me they said qe dont tune cars and you can find one there in UAE.
Any way a regaped to 030. And started the car its chohking so i have to step a littile on the gas and there is one knock on the driver side each time just after start the car dont know way . We will chek all tomorrow

Vegas5OH

Established Member
So what would be the safe number on a kit like this? Im looking for 600-650 at the wheels, safe and reliably. What kind of set up would I need, 60 or 67 turbos? Im assuming ID 1000s and a boost a pump? thanks

Last edited:

D98GT

Established Member
Tss just emailed me they said qe dont tune cars and you can find one there in UAE.
Any way a regaped to 030. And started the car its chohking so i have to step a littile on the gas and there is one knock on the driver side each time just after start the car dont know way . We will chek all tomorrow

Are you sure that you emailed the correct people? I had noticed that you posted in a car group on FB called Texas Speed Syndicate (TSS) about a tune. This is the car group that just hosts the big Texas Invitational, Quick 30, etc events!

You are trying to get in touch with Triangle Speed Shop (TSS) in Orange Texas.
Address: 19474 Highway 62 South, Orange, TX, 77630
Phone: (409) 792-9744
Email: [email protected]

Johani

Established Member
might want to contact triangle speed shop thier tuner is top notch and he has remote tuned many turbo cars and can definatly get you hooked up.. He's probably one of the top 3 tuners in the U.S.

Hi i did got a meaaage from them:
Yes we can tune it. Turbo tunes start at $700

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Anyone notice their bov being open at idle? I know it doesn't matter because it's before the maf. I was hunting down a weird clank sound after start up and it's the bov snapping open about 15sec after I start the car. It works fine so far (haven't been into boost yet and it closes when the car is off) but the clank is annoying.

toomnymods

Established Member
cheaper isnt always better go with experience.. daniel has probably way more experience than this other guy.. never even heard of this other shop.. Daniel tuned the turbo car that won the NMRA turbo shootout this year.. this guy knows his shit.. Make sure you are running the best possible octane gas you can possibly buy also.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone notice their bov being open at idle? I know it doesn't matter because it's before the maf. I was hunting down a weird clank sound after start up and it's the bov snapping open about 15sec after I start the car. It works fine so far (haven't been into boost yet and it closes when the car is off) but the clank is annoying.

spring in the wastegate is not stiff enough. Can make tuning it a challenge. My tuner told me he prefers it closed at idle so I installed a stiffer spring.

Johani

Established Member
finally i changed the plugs to LTR7 gaped 0.32
and i have to update the tune for this
is it good to empty the catalytic converter ?

toomnymods

Established Member
finally i changed the plugs to LTR7 gaped 0.32
and i have to update the tune for this
is it good to empty the catalytic converter ?

should not have cats at all on a turbocharged car.. the a/f ratio you will be running under boost will clog them up rather fast, then you will end up probably with a blown motor..

Users who are viewing this thread