Car Vs Wife/GF

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I'm basically not allowed to take it over 4K RPM when she is in the vehicle...and apparently I love the car more than her.........

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Dude theres your problem! your 21 and married!!

Yeah thats the point I made to my wife its not just a car its a COBRA. Like I'm 21 with my own apartment with her. I own a 04 Cobra, 04 GT, and just bought her a 08 altima. Money isn't a issue with us its the quality time thats the issue. Deployment caused family frustration

03' White Snake

Established Member
I had this fight with my ex all the time. "you care more about your car than me." "let me drive it" ect... I started telling girls straight out up front, Its my car, no one drives it.

Right now my car is my gf. She doesn't talk back or ask questions, but She does whine a lot, but that is a good thing. :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When you and your wife/girlfriend have different interests as far as cars, this argument will be inevitable. Honestly, I can understand it. When I had my Cobra I tried to maintain a balance but I have to admit that at times I overdid it. My wife was understanding most of the time, but if the shoe was on the other foot would I be as understanding? My best advice is to find a balance. One that you both can live with. There is give and take in all relationships, but the end result should always equal 50/50.

FORD4U

Established Member
most relationships ive been in start out with "ya im ok with the car, its your hobby" and then turn into "thats all you ever do is car stuff" maybe theres a pattern.....all women are crazy......thats the only pattern i see....

ATFPat

Established Member
I've been dating mine for almost eight years. Loves the cobra and I couldn't count how much she s actually bought for the cobra. Here's where I feel bad, she told me recently that if I buy her a ring she'll order the brake upgrade kit I want to do. I feel bad getting something for putting a ring on it as she's great.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
I've been dating mine for almost eight years. Loves the cobra and I couldn't count how much she s actually bought for the cobra. Here's where I feel bad, she told me recently that if I buy her a ring she'll order the brake upgrade kit I want to do. I feel bad getting something for putting a ring on it as she's great.

Thats bad ass your wife actually helps out lol.

steves04cobra

Established Member
My wife complains alittle everytime I spend money on the car. But I tell her its to make it run better and she's ok with it. Hell she's driven my cobra more then I have due to deployments.

Users who are viewing this thread