Car Vs Wife/GF

92stanglx

Established Member
My GF is cool with my car and really likes to ride it in. The only "beef" we had (if you can even call it that) is that I wouldn't let her drive it for the longest time.. lol..

With women it always is a compromise. Just make her feel like she is always #1 and that you will always make spending time with her and the family a top priority and you and your car will live a long happy life together :beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Good thing you only have the Cobra which I have plus a roadrace bike and street bike. We both enjoy events with all the vehicles and she rather me be in the garage working on them then out getting drunk and slapping ass.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I feel sorry for you guys. I can't imagine being jealous of a car. Pretty insecure women you have. I asked my husband for my 2011 GT500 for my birthday. He was delighted. It had been far too many years since we had a fun ride. I keep the car cleaner than the house.
If your wife/gf is jealous of a car, I think there may be other issues at work.
Lady please. Go clean your dirty house and make that poor man a sammich.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I feel sorry for you guys. I can't imagine being jealous of a car. Pretty insecure women you have. I asked my husband for my 2011 GT500 for my birthday. He was delighted. It had been far too many years since we had a fun ride. I keep the car cleaner than the house.
If your wife/gf is jealous of a car, I think there may be other issues at work.

Lady please. Go clean your dirty house and make that poor man a sammich.

LMFAO - oh damn that's to freaking funny. She's right though. I couldn't put up with a woman bitching over my car... oh wait that's right she's now my EX wife. She says it's the car or me! Never have I hurled a woman out the door so quick :) lol but in all seriousness some of you dudes need to see if you can get your balls back from your wife's purse and go play with your cars.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
I once had a woman give me shit about spending too much time with my Cobra. I'm now divorced and have plenty of extra money to throw at the snake. Happy like you wouldn't believe.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Well I finally got her to agree on letting me mod my car. Lol, she's even willing to put money into it herself. All came with a price though lol... B/c now i gotta mod her DD lol

boxinabag

Established Member
My wife makes me dinner every night so I don't argue when she gives me the "that ****ing car is costing too much" talk. I just look at her and ask "why is my plate empty?"

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Luckily I've never had any problems between my g/f and my car. Its pretty cool most of the time because she likes it and wants to go for rides in it and such.

GoatSlayer

Banned
Thats why i opened a secret savings account for the cobra. I spend and when time to install parts comes, i tell her that i am doing an oil change and that the oil plug is located inside the engine. The more she continues to bother me the more i use technical terms like twin-screw, camshaft journals, pinion ring,thrust bearing, boost, a/f ration, running lean, running rich, lower intake manifold etc..... And when i am done, i tell her i am going to drive the cobra around and datalog it.....If she says she wants to come for datalogging, i make her hold the laptop with all these information on the screen....until she says she doesnt want to come anymore.....Some women will never get!!! Especially mine.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Thats why i opened a secret savings account for the cobra. I spend and when time to install parts comes, i tell her that i am doing an oil change and that the oil plug is located inside the engine. The more she continues to bother me the more i use technical terms like twin-screw, camshaft journals, pinion ring,thrust bearing, boost, a/f ration, running lean, running rich, lower intake manifold etc..... And when i am done, i tell her i am going to drive the cobra around and datalog it.....If she says she wants to come for datalogging, i make her hold the laptop with all these information on the screen....until she says she doesnt want to come anymore.....Some women will never get!!! Especially mine.

Lol I like the secret account idea. But my wife manages my money lol.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Mine bitched everyday and told me my hobbie was stupid, would start shaking her head when she pulled into the driveway and i was working on it. So to make a long story short the girlfriend and I like to refer to her as my X-BOX so now she doesnt have to worry about me or the car now!!

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Mine bitched everyday and told me my hobbie was stupid, would start shaking her head when she pulled into the driveway and i was working on it. So to make a long story short the girlfriend and I like to refer to her as my X-BOX so now she doesnt have to worry about me or the car now!!

well played sir, well played lol. At least we choose to have a good hobbie which is our Cobras and not a hobbie to be a cheater lol

Tractionless1

Established Member
I give the ladies a warning. If the phrase "that damn car" or any variation is said, she'll be packing up her things.

10-4, College GF told me to choose her or the car. :nono: Bye bye bitch.
I've found to women it's a monetary and time competion, they can't have their $400 purse when you're installing a $400 nitrous kit (as an example). Trust me guys you don't want that as your life partner anyway, better to find out now before shit really gets out of hand. You'll get rid of the car only to find her complaining about you spending too much time with the guys, watching too much sports, or playing too many video games. I told my wife day one, "I'm not your entertainment, better have some friends!"

Last edited:

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
10-4, College GF told me to choose her or the car. :nono: Bye bye bitch.
I've found to women it's a monetary and time competion, they can't have their $400 purse when you're installing a $400 nitrous kit (as an example). Trust me guys you don't want that as your life partner anyway, better to find out now before shit really gets out of hand. You'll get rid of the car only to find her complaining about you spending too much time with the guys, watching too much sports, or playing too many video games. I told my wife day one, "I'm not your entertainment, better have some friends!"

In many cases that is true

Users who are viewing this thread