Car Vs Wife/GF

thelpb

Established Member
My girl knows that the Cobra is my hobby and she totally respects that. I show her the same respect by not spending ALL of my free time on the car. She likes the car and is very happy that because of the wrenching experience I have gained with the Cobra, I can fix anything on her car, which saves us labor monies. She enjoys driving my car too and doesn't yell at me when I get on it when she is in the car with me.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
My girl knows that the Cobra is my hobby and she totally respects that. I show her the same respect by not spending ALL of my free time on the car. She likes the car and is very happy that because of the wrenching experience I have gained with the Cobra, I can fix anything on her car, which saves us labor monies. She enjoys driving my car too and doesn't yell at me when I get on it when she is in the car with me.

Thats good man. My wifey always be like that car will attract too much attention and if i catch a girl in that car i'll kill her lmao

Marc

Established Member
I was married not a year and had my first mustang. Wife really didn't complain that much.

A few years later I bought a 95GTS and the motor blew the same day. It seemed almost daily I was fixing something broke. Back then she was pissed. And to be truthful, so was I. I ended up selling the car and didn't own a stang for 4 years.

Fast forward to my cobra and almost 20 years of marriage. My wife and I are finacially stable. She can buy clothes, shoes, expensive purses, and I don't mind.

I buy parts for the cobra and she don't mind. Hell, I have $7K in parts waiting in my father's garage awaiting my return to the states. I still haven't purchased the blower yet...coming in June.

Another good thing is that I run two mustang websites and I bought some Ford stock when it was cheap, so really none of my mustang parts money comes out of our joint accounts. So, the other little jobs I do feed my hobby. :) Back before my websites, I would buy and flip cars. This was how I funded my upgrades back then.

Now my son and both daughters are really into cars. I have one daughter who is a import/drifter person--man, I can't seem to change her mind. :lol: My other two love mustangs and want a mustang as their first car.

lukabrozi

SVT *****
Established Member
Triangle solution

The triangle is this...,.!!

You-Your girl-Your cobra

How do you balance the three sides?... Simple

Assuming you have somehow found or saved $300-$500 to buy a new part for your Cobra that she doesn't know about.

1. Take the money, show it to her and confess to having saved it for HER, and offer to do one of 2 things... Either buy her a gift with it (IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL USE THE EXTREME GUILT LOGIC) or give it to her so that she can buy something for herself.

2. Start saving again and use the next money for the Cobra and don't worry about it.

3. Prioritize your mods for the Cobra. You will be surprised how one mod required today will seem not well thought out when the next one comes along. 6 months from now the ICEY Res is less important than the Accufab TB.

4, Stop being afraid of the mod bug, just stay within your limits and you will be OK.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Old thread, but things never change. My old girlfriend...10 years ago would fight with me alllll the time about it. My current gf, (fiance actually) doesn't fight with me when I'm driving my Terminator. But I have built fox bodies in the past and she doesn't like that. Cause they usually take 8 months to a year to finish and I'm always at work working on them. So, I've decided that I'm done doing that.

I also try and take the Cobra out while she is working. She works midnights, so 90% of the time, I'm at our cruise spot is from 10pm-3am, and she's working so it's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread