Car Vs Wife/GF

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
How many other SVT users have arguments with their wives or girlfriends about their Cobras? Well from time to time my wife argues with me b/c she thinks all my time will go into my Cobra once I get back 4rm Iraq... She will be like I want to spend time with you after you've been away for a whole year then she be like how you going to find time to joy ride your terminator and spend time with the family. I will never put a car b4 my famz but i do love my Cobra. Just don't want to argue about a car.... Do anybody else goes through this

SVTommy

Yep. And the one time I was going to try and sell the car I heard " you can't sell that car, we drove to ohio together to buy it, it has sentimental value".There is no winning here. Just lie , its easier

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Yep. And the one time I was going to try and sell the car I heard " you can't sell that car, we drove to ohio together to buy it, it has sentimental value".There is no winning here. Just lie , its easier

Yeah it is a tough spot to be in. I just don't like to fight but I do see where my wife is coming 4rm by I love powerful cars... It suxs to be in this position

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I get the same slack man....during my last tour in Afghanistan...thats all I would hear from my wife...how I would probably not spend time with my family. I keep telling her that there is no way I would put my car ahead of my family. I dont know if shes joking at times or not. But none the less...I know how you feel man.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
I get the same slack man....during my last tour in Afghanistan...thats all I would hear from my wife...how I would probably not spend time with my family. I keep telling her that there is no way I would put my car ahead of my family. I dont know if shes joking at times or not. But none the less...I know how you feel man.

Well i just don't want to give up on my car. Obly haves 6k miles

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
my wife is cool with the car even though it hardly gets used, and one day we could even probably use the extra money from it for a new house (my condo's on the market now - trying to get a bigger place). But she likes to go for rides and lets me have my freedom with it here and there as long as long as not every weekend I disappear..

BUT, trying to convince her I need to drop $7K on a TS will never fly :shrug:

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
my wife is cool with the car even though it hardly gets used, and one day we could even probably use the extra money from it for a new house (my condo's on the market now - trying to get a bigger place). But she likes to go for rides and lets me have my freedom with it here and there as long as long as not every weekend I disappear..

BUT, trying to convince her I need to drop $7K on a TS will never fly :shrug:

yea want to drop 10k worth of mods in my cobra but gotta buy my wife her 08 ALTIMA that she wants so badly

venom04svt

Established Member
I know all to well how ya feel brother, same way here...I dropped nearly 17K in mine over the last year and half with parts and labor. She loves the car almost as much as i do but recently wants me to sell it cause its been in the shop getting upgrades since i got home in June.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
I know all to well how ya feel brother, same way here...I dropped nearly 17K in mine over the last year and half with parts and labor. She loves the car almost as much as i do but recently wants me to sell it cause its been in the shop getting upgrades since i got home in June.

Yeah man thats how my wife is right now. She loves the car but she just don't understand how fun it is to drive.

Last edited:

TDUB003

Established Member
I've heard it about my Lincoln LS, I hear it about the Cobra, and I'm starting to hear it about the Mach 1 as I've been pricing parts for the restoration. The only one I don't really hear about is my 5.0 but that's only because it's my beater and the only work I do on it is to keep it running right. I think it's just a fact of life, unless they're as into cars as you are.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
My wife hates the car and bitches about it all the time. My girlfriend however loves it and always wants to go for rides.

mach1033

Established Member
My wife knows that when I tell her its ok to go buy a Gucci bag that its game on for me and my Cobra lol:pepper:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
No offense intended with my post...

If she's the right woman for you, she will give you your space and she'll respect the decisions you make...as well as understanding that you need your hobbies too. That's all part of a healthy relationship. Anything less than that and the car will become a point of contention. You might want to have a conversation up front and let her know that she and the family come first, but that you enjoy the car and that you will be dedicating some time & resources ($$$) to it.

If that doesn't work, tell her that you just were at war and that you can kill a person in a fraction of a second. Maybe she'll think twice about giving your shit about the car. :)

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
^ think he means TS with supporting mods and labor to be at $7k....my wife likes the cobra, and even drives it ocaissionally....then she complains that her 08' Steeda Q350 is too slow....that's not bad though, she likes it when we spend $$ on hers....we don't talk about what I spend or have spent on the cobra or the foxbody for that matter...as long as the bills are paid and there's food on the table I don't ever get any slack....she does sometimes say I love the cobra more than her, but jokingly....think I got a good one :)

Spoolx

Established Member
If my g/f ever complained about my car she would be out.. we have been dating ten years and shes okay with it.. she dont enjoy the car but never says anything about money or the time I spend.

Users who are viewing this thread