Car Vs Wife/GF

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I catch hell from my wife from time to time but we both have things we enjoy so I just remind her of all the time she spends playing softball and leave it at that. The bonus now is my son (age 2.5) loves the cobra and always wants to go in the garage to see it or sit in it. I'll be done with the cobra soon and will have bills paid off early next year so a new DD is on my mind. If I even say anything about selling the cobra my wife freaks because she knows our son would be very upset. The cobra stays and a new DD will be in the driveway this spring.

fangs99

Established Member
I'm single so I have no problems! :D Sorry had to rub it in for some of you guys. haha

i think i got you beat. My girlfriend is not into cars but she understands my love affair with it. she even buys car parts for me. i told her from day one that i'll probably have several hotrods, but the cobra will never leave. But she does complain about spending time with her. Not that i spend more time with the car, but just that i'm deployed or on some trainning det all the time.

Spoolx

Established Member
You're down range and you're thinking about your Cobra more than some "quality time" with the wife? You need to rearrange your priorities! I love my Cobra something serious, but at night the Cobra sleeps in the garage. Guess who sleeps next to me? Yeah, I missed the Cobra when I was down range too, but the Cobra doesn't ride as well as a hot blooded woman. There's plenty of time for the Cobra, trust me. Take care of the wife and she'll let you do your thing with the "mistress".

I see your wife has you brainwashed just like the OP's wife is trying to do.

whip-yard-croc.jpg

M240Bravo

Established Member
One more reason I'll never get married. Oh and I love sleeping in past 5pm and wearing my underwear in my house 15 hours out of the day.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
When I was in Iraq I got alot of the whole you miss the car more than me bullshit, but this time it seems to have gotten worse lol, I guess cuz last deployment was all about buying the car and this one is all about modding it. She just doesnt understand why I wanna blow money on it. So I just lie and tell her everything I'm doing to it is to make it safer and more reliable :burnout: lol

xenodragon

Established Member
My wife only complains because I spend all my time waxing and detaling it, and dont do that to her craptastic mitshubishi.

And seriously whoever spent $7k and $17k on mods...you got ripped off big time.

xenodragon

Established Member
I know all to well how ya feel brother, same way here...I dropped nearly 17K in mine over the last year and half with parts and labor. She loves the car almost as much as i do but recently wants me to sell it cause its been in the shop getting upgrades since i got home in June.

I really hope you went Twin Turbo for $17k.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
You're down range and you're thinking about your Cobra more than some "quality time" with the wife? You need to rearrange your priorities! I love my Cobra something serious, but at night the Cobra sleeps in the garage. Guess who sleeps next to me? Yeah, I missed the Cobra when I was down range too, but the Cobra doesn't ride as well as a hot blooded woman. There's plenty of time for the Cobra, trust me. Take care of the wife and she'll let you do your thing with the "mistress".

First off no 1 said ne thing about me putting a car before my wife. 2ndly I'm home on R&R so me and my wife were discussing this subject once i'm home for good. When I'm down range i have no time to think about the civilian life. I work 14-17hrs shift flying in Blackhawks. I prefer my job over my Cobra b/c i get a better thrill out of that. My wife is my everything i I put her before everything that i do in life. My priority has been in checked in she would vouch for that all day long

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
First off no 1 said ne thing about me putting a car before my wife. 2ndly I'm home on R&R so me and my wife were discussing this subject once i'm home for good. When I'm down range i have no time to think about the civilian life. I work 14-17hrs shift flying in Blackhawks. I prefer my job over my Cobra b/c i get a better thrill out of that. My wife is my everything i I put her before everything that i do in life. My priority has been in checked in she would vouch for that all day long

Calm down cheif he was kidding! I think he means you should be having sex not worrying about the car!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
No g/f so no problems. Ill wait till I find a girl that likes the car, does not mind if I work on it or spend money on it and wants to drive it herself. It's way to much fun to only enjoy it yourself so find someone that will enjoy it with you.

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
My gf actually enjoys the car and going for cruises with the top down. Now that the cars done and coming out of the shop this week sometime, I put a ring on her finger (this past weekend). Wasn't doing that one til the car was done though, even though she loves it.

Then again, she's extremely open about her dislike of my truck (lifted) as she doesn't see the point in lifting a vehicle. Confuses the hell outta me.

SH3LBY

Established Member
I feel sorry for you guys. I can't imagine being jealous of a car. Pretty insecure women you have. I asked my husband for my 2011 GT500 for my birthday. He was delighted. It had been far too many years since we had a fun ride. I keep the car cleaner than the house.
If your wife/gf is jealous of a car, I think there may be other issues at work.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
My wife likes when I spend money on it,., cause there is less of a chance that I will sell it and buy a new Z06 lol

she is the best :thumbsup:

when I told my wife I was buying a four post lift for the garage, she was like, .,.cool :-D

Last edited:

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
no g/f, frigid wife, Roush 427R at least makes it, wife "understands" but will not ride in
the car...and say's it is too expensive...shit compared to her...it's cheap....lol

Users who are viewing this thread