What was your high school/childhood dream car? Would you buy it today if you could?

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Red RT/10 Viper. Once I got older and learned some about cars and practicality I slipped it to a blue/white stripe GTS Viper. Will own one soon.

Triscrum

Established Member
First gen viper is my ultimate dream car. Not quite yet for the viper. Obtainable dream car e36 m3. I did own one for a beautiful 6 months...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Boss 429 for a car and an F-350. Managed to get the truck. Wouldn't want the Boss 9 now because I wouldn't drive it and couldn't leave it stock. Would rather build one at this point.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
Always wanted a blue with white stripes viper gts. I still do. I don't know when but I will own one before I die.

Red RT/10 Viper. Once I got older and learned some about cars and practicality I slipped it to a blue/white stripe GTS Viper. Will own one soon.

I am with these guys. The GTS was it.

Last edited:

kaotic

Established Member
03 Sonic blue or DSG Lightning. Growing up, I might buy my dad his dream car which is a 71 Mach 1, before I get mine.

Zemedici

Established Member
Lamborghini Gallardo.

My runner-up was a C5 Z (which i already owned)

I could sell a few things and buy a used one now, however, i dont see it happening any time soon for practicality reasons.

It's crazy how inexpensive gallardos have become. They're affordable now.

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
Since I was 6 years old I've wanted a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and own one.

My other dream car was a Teal 93 Cobra which I just bought about a month ago.

sonicblue04gt

Established Member
I graduated high school in 93 so my dream car list is more than just one:

Jaguar XJ220
Ferrari F40 then the F50 then the Enzo now the LF
Lamborghini Diablo VT
Boss 429 and 302
Original BIGFOOT moster truck
Original Dukes of Hazard Hemi Charger
90s Trans Am GTA
Typhoon

It wasn't until I got older that I found other cars that are just plain AWESOME and WAY too expensive for me to afford!

verbal

Established Member
When I was a kid I was all about wanting a Porsche. 911, 928, 944, it didn't matter. 3000GT VR4 was one that I lusted after when it came out. The C4 ZR1 was another. Oh and a MKIV TT Supra of course, although I was in college when they came out. How am I the first one to mention a Supra?

I am surprised no one listed the Supra or the 3000GT either.

There are a few cars that I thought would be listed already that aren't. No one said the Grand National yet. Also surprised there are not more 93 Cobras and Trans Ams.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I am surprised no one listed the Supra or the 3000GT either.

There are a few cars that I thought would be listed already that aren't. No one said the Grand National yet. Also surprised there are not more 93 Cobras and Trans Ams.

I think some people failed in reading in OP's post that it should be cars you dreamed of as a kid but could now purchase.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
93-98 toyota supra twin turbo targa top with a manual transmission. Always will be my dream car even though I love a lot of classic muscle cars. Id buy one in a heart beat if I could find a decent deal on one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My high school dream car was the '66 Chevelle SS396 L78. :rockon:

01GTB

Established Member
I don't think I ever really dreamed of the exotics. For a long time I wanted a 1970 Olds 442. By that time the car was 15 years old and somewhat hard to come by for a decent price. I think the closest I ever came to buying one was a 71 442 convertible in 1986. The only thing that separated me from it was the money ;)

A strange turn led me to Fords a year later and I have been driving them ever since.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread