What was your high school/childhood dream car? Would you buy it today if you could?

verbal

Established Member
What car did you dream about having when you were young but could not afford? If you had the financial means to buy it, the garage space, etc, would you still want it today? Obviously don't list something like a Boss 429 or an F40 if you still can't afford it.

My dream car in high school was a GMC Typhoon. At $30k+ I could not even imagine buying one. There were a couple local Typhoons that I would drool over whenever I saw them. I would buy any magazine that featured it.

Today I skim eBay and other sites for them thinking it would be cool to own one and have the car I once wanted so much. I have a feeling I would jump in one though and it would be really dated and feel extremely slow. I would also never hear the end of it from my wife either.

So what was your dream car?

Edit: Woops. I thought I was posting this in Roadside. Mods please move.

Last edited:

04Cobra03

Established Member
I hear ya. My dream car was a 2001 Bullitt, then a Mach 1 and terminator when they came out my senior year. I Bought my mach 1 a few years ago, but still always wanted a bullitt so I got one on a great deal, and now 10 months ago I just added my 04 Cobra to the corral so I now have all my dream cars. I did do what you asked by going out and getting what I always wanted, and although the newer stangs are nice, none of them do it for me like the ones I have. I am 100% content. Sure newer cars make a ton of power, but the cobra is capable of 800HP+ so I have nothing to envy

IMG_1753_zps7d287721.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
My high school dream car was a 03-04 Cobra (showing my age here :)) and I've been fortunate enough to be able to snag one some 3 years after graduating. Have a 2004 z06 as well

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Mine was the L, almost had one in '06, black '99. Got my '02 in '07. My DD and only ride.

075_zpsc80945c1.jpg

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
my dream car when in H.S.? a 1935 dusenberg model SJ convertible coupe. that I could afford .. 67 mustang coupe with the pony package .. which I wound up getting some 6 years later

verbal

Established Member
My high school dream car was a 03-04 Cobra (showing my age here :)) and I've been fortunate enough to be able to snag one some 3 years after graduating. Have a 2004 z06 as well

I was thinking I was the old guy thinking about cars from the 90's.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
At 13 years old I pumped gas at the Shell station right across from my house. (for cash, I was too young to be legit LOL)

A doctor in our area had a 64-65 Shelby Cobra, solid blue. He would pump his own gas because he didn't want anyone getting near the car. I fell in love with that car.

E

mustang addict

Established Member
My father bought me my dream car in high school. A '90 Mustang GT.

But I also wanted a '91 GMC Syclone. Badly. They were new while I was a sophomore.

5 years ago I finally bought one. 20K miles one owner and absolutely perfect.

Dream come true. I'll give it to one of my sons someday.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
I do love the Duesenbergs. ACD Museum in Auburn Indiana is a sight to see.

Black Lincoln Mark III for me. And yes, I would still love to get my hands on one. Better yet would be a 56 Mark II

138274_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Mine was a Vector.... (yes I'm OLD!!) No I wouldn't buy one. 2nd on my list was the 86 SVO... I did end up getting one of those for a short time.

Current "dream" car(s)
- AC Cobra
- Agera R
- 911 GT3
- Switzer or AMS GTR

If only I had the $ or had Traynor as a BFF lolz

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
dont make fun of me here but an 07 shelby gt black on black (and no not a gt500 just shelby gt) and still toy with the idea of buying one over an 03/04 cobra next year

verbal

Established Member
My father bought me my dream car in high school. A '90 Mustang GT.

But I also wanted a '91 GMC Syclone. Badly. They were new while I was a sophomore.

5 years ago I finally bought one. 20K miles one owner and absolutely perfect.

Dream come true. I'll give it to one of my sons someday.

That's awesome. It sounds like they are still a lot of fun.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
My childhood dream car was an 87/88 IROC. I had a poster of it in my room, blue hard top. I would love to get one. My high school dream car was the almighty T/A LS1 WS6, of course with a 6 speed. I would purchase one if my garage was big enough.

Users who are viewing this thread