What was your high school/childhood dream car? Would you buy it today if you could?

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
I wanted a 4th gen trans am for years. Now I have one, got it my last year of college, last yeae

03 deadpool

Established Member
I wanted to corvette zr1 the 90s model so i guess i could maybe get one today seen them for 25000$ new zr1 would be nice

Blackoyote

Established Member
Since they debuted the 03 Cobra my sophomore year of HS, I knew I had to have one. Now I do! I also want a Viper, and that is next in line or a C6Z, which I've wanted since they debuted summer after HS. Both of them will happen, just don't know which order yet :)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Acura NSX. that car was sexy time! and we'd see them quite often out here.

while i could afford one now im not really that interested any more lol. id much rather spend the money on a vette.

if i had treynor money, then id probably have a nice low mileage sample sitting in my 50 car garage :D

also was in love with the 300zx turbo. some guy would pick up his gf at my school in one. i was dropped on some nice wheels and had a T top. that car was nice! no interest for those any more. even if i had treynor money lol. i still like them but no desire to own one.

i also pined for a slammed mini truck which i did actually get. got the mini in high school and just after high school had it notched and slammed on air shocks. chrome 15" wheels wrapped in 50 series "low profile" tires. ah, the good old days :)

in my mini-truck days i fell in love with the typhoon. it was awesome. at the time. my buddy later got a typhoon which i ended up liking better. i borrowed it for a couple of weeks to see if i wanted to buy it off him. wasnt that impressed with the stock performance. it also looked old. old style head lights and other parts. the interior was straight early 80s GM lol. probably should have bought it anyways though. just didnt have an extra $8k at the time. and it was really clean and low miles. :bash: green though :kaboom:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I really wanted a Gen2 Lightning, finally got one a few years back and it was a blast. I had to get rid of it but I would like to own another soon

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
also was in love with the 300zx turbo.

If you're talking the 90-96tt cars I'm in agreement. In college that is the car I wanted when I graduated and got a job. Unfortunately they were $30K+ back in 1990. In 1991 I settled for a preowned 1990 silver 300zx coupe with turbo rear spoiler and chrome rims. It was a fantastic car, but not nearly as fast as the TT. I'd like to get a TT, but am afraid of what it would cost to repair things like the 4WS.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I wanted badly a 88/89 Starion/Conquest TSI. My brother had one and I thought it was one of the coolest cars. Almost bought one when I was 17 but my brother talked me out of it as it wasn't maintained very well. Found a couple others but they had been beat. Still would buy one as soon as I have space. Would either just build the turbo 4 in it, or do a 5.0 swap. Also cobra brakes and wheels bolt up to them.

Fort those who have no idea what it is:
chrysler-conquest-tsi-blue-21.jpg

Also wanted a Gran National or even a T-Type. Worked with an older lady years back who had a mint 86 T-type. I bugged her for a long time to sell it, but she bought it new and planned on having it until she dies.

Last edited:

mrlrd1

Established Member
944 Turbo. Got a chance to ride in one in my junior year and my world turned upside down. It was a slow POS. A few months later I watched in disbelief as a black 6 cylinder Buick owner was talking trash to some badass sounding big block muscle cars at the local Dairy Queen car show. He ran a "high 11 second" 454 1st gen Camaro and smoked him baaaaad. My next car will be a clean mildly modded Grand National or a C6 Z06.

hey11101

Established Member
I always wanted Gen 2 viper gts blue and white stripes, even though I still like the design from outside after sitting in the inside it feels like it would almost be a downgrade from my 03 cobra. I got my sites on 2013 viper now.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Bayside Blue Skyline R34 GT-R. Loved that car since middle school before the Fast and Furious movies. It all started with the R33, thank you Test Drive games!

I will do what I can to obtain that car when they can be legally obtained from Japan in a couple of years. I will even sell my Cobra for one.

img_1705.jpg

Last edited:

Way2QWK

Established Member
my two cars were a 1992 Dodge Viper Rt/10 and a 1987 Buick GNX. I have a turbo buick now, so close enough to the GNX and maybe someday I''l own a Viper, just not as appealing any more.

tkeinia

Established Member
mine was a brand new lincon mark Viii, the main reason was that damn commecial that showed it would lower the car if your going something like 60 - 70 mph if i rember correctly.
I even went to the dealership on bandera where the new aquariam is and the salesman told my mom that it was to expensive for me. so we left. Thats probly why the place closed down.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
If you're talking the 90-96tt cars I'm in agreement. In college that is the car I wanted when I graduated and got a job. Unfortunately they were $30K+ back in 1990. In 1991 I settled for a preowned 1990 silver 300zx coupe with turbo rear spoiler and chrome rims. It was a fantastic car, but not nearly as fast as the TT. I'd like to get a TT, but am afraid of what it would cost to repair things like the 4WS.

yes sir. when i was in high school all the Japanese brands (major) produced a badass sports car and i loved each one lol. Toyota Supra turbo. Mitsu 3000GT TT, Nissan 300zx TT and Acura NSX. the Acura just looked amazing. looked like an exotic car and when people put rims on them. whoa! right after high school is when Antera came out with their Opus 1 wheel and people put them on NSXs and it was jaw dropping. back then at least lol.

from what ive read/heard the 300zs and the 3000GTs were a little less than reliable. badass none the less though.

mazda RX7 was pretty cool too. but just didnt seem up there with the other 4 (supra/300/3000GT/NSX). the NSX was kind of in a class of its own at the time lol. although probably the slowest.

out of all those cars now, the only ones id really consider would be the supra and the nsx. moreso the nsx. just for its looks and honda reliability. i really wouldnt want to pay $$$ for a 20+ year old car though. (classic muscle cars not included of course). clean examples of these cars can still fetch $20-$30k and up. id rather put that into a C6 vette lol

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
mine was a brand new lincon mark Viii, the main reason was that damn commecial that showed it would lower the car if your going something like 60 - 70 mph if i rember correctly.
I even went to the dealership on bandera where the new aquariam is and the salesman told my mom that it was to expensive for me. so we left. Thats probly why the place closed down.

the mitsu 3000 GT did this as well. trying to find the commercial on youtube for it where they drive it under a big rig's trailer. was so cool back then! :coolman:

svtaddict

Established Member
in high scjool i wanted an 87 grand national so bad. 1969 roadrunner hemi was a close second.

Felix C

Established Member
I actually owned mine a 1970 Trans Am and 1979 Trans Am but later when out of HS. I was just happy to be driving anything while in HS.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Hard to say. I had cool car posters like a lambo or ferrari but didn't know the models/specs/etc. My first car was a 88 LX 2.3, which made me notice a local guys teal 93 Cobra. That became my dream car. I bought one 6 years ago, enjoyed it for about 10K miles, and sold it for just over what I paid, about 3-4 years later.

roadracer247

Established Member
1970 Chevelle LS6. Prices will have to come down before I can buy one. I'll probably find one at some point. I would never pay the ridiculous prices these are going for an all original...So maybe one that's built more pro touring style.

Users who are viewing this thread