What was your high school/childhood dream car? Would you buy it today if you could?

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
Mine were F250s, R34 skylines and terminators. I've owned 3 diesels since then and I now own 2 terminators. I guess I could have picked up a r34 along to line but imports lost their luster for me over time. I'm a American muscle kind of guy

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
[youtube_browser]_c0dj11dn98[/youtube_browser]

Great movie! But mine was a Lamborghini Countach. After seeing Cannonball run at the movies I was hooked.

[video=youtube;_LRFzlMKed0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LRFzlMKed0[/video]

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Growing up (before high school), my dream car was an IROC Z28. Yeah, didn't know much about cars. By time I got to high school I was into 5.0s. Once I got one, I wasn't thinking of anything else, well except maybe Eleanor, since Gone in 60 Seconds came out about that time. I've never been into high end cars. If I was mega rich, I'd own one, but I would literally have to have so much money to burn to buy something like a Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, etc. I'd rather spend my money on insane vacations and bad ass houses.

IROCs were way cool back in the day. Those and 5.0s
Nothing cooler than seeing a super rich guy with a garage full of american muscle cars. And not just the obvious stuff like 68 camaros and shelby mustangs

Rare40th

Established Member
I'm only 22 but there are a few that I wouldn't mind owning already

-03 Z06 in Blue(Family Friend had one brand new and it was the first muscle car I had ever been around)
-94 Rio Red Cobra/Black Leather(Uncle owned one and started my passion for Mustangs. Also went to 3 SVTOA events in it)
-03/04 Cobra(Saw a Torch Red 10th Coupe at the SVTOA event in Topeka in 2003 and I immediately fell in love)
-1927 Star Car by Durant Motor(Father owns one that he is restoring and I think they are amazing machines and the sentimental value)
-65 AC Cobra, Red with White Stripes(Old man down the road just sold his and it was all original!)
-R34 Skyline BaySide Blue like Paul Walker's(something about that body style........drool)
-97 Supra TT 6spd in White(Not sure what it is about a 2JZ motor that is just menacing sounding)
-01 Cummins 6spd(Father just bought one a few years back and it's better than I ever dreamed of it being)

Not Sure if Bikes count but if they do....

-Harley(Almost all of my uncles have/had one, always enjoyed the sound of screaming eagle pipes on a 1200cc)
-Buell Firebolt(Uncle owned one for a few years that was painted in a Harley Scheme so it was Orange, White and Black)

Users who are viewing this thread