What was your high school/childhood dream car? Would you buy it today if you could?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Hmm... It's all becoming so clear now as to why there's so much drama around here sometimes. There's a bunch of young ass babies posting in these forums! LOL My high school dream car was a new C4 Corvette; a silver one. I would imagine me driving down the road at night with the windows down, roof out and blasting Sussudio on the radio. hahahahahahaha I still have a soft spot for the C4 Vette. I doubt I'd buy one today, though.

[edit]
Oh! And how could I forget a Buick GNX!?!?

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm right there with you Steve on the Japanese sportscars from that Era. A '90 AWD Talon was the one I could actually afford and owned\modded for most of the mid 90's. Problem with most of those cars now is the parts and if your talking the 300zx or 3000gt, your going to need plenty of parts. The Supra was obviously the king of that era though and the one I would still own if it was a top shelf build, but those can fetch up to 40k.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Hmm... It's all becoming so clear now as to why there's so much drama around here sometimes. There's a bunch of young ass babies posting in these forums! LOL My high school dream car was a new C4 Corvette; a silver one. I would imagine me driving down the road at night with the windows down, roof out and blasting Sussudio on the radio. hahahahahahaha I still have a soft spot for the C4 Vette. I doubt I'd buy one today, though.

True story. When I was in high school a rich kid I knew (there were plenty of them, but he was especially douchy) got a brand new '88 Vette for his birthday. We were all out one night and he, trying to show off, went to haul ass pulling out of the parking lot in reverse, slammed into a brick wall that surrounded a dumpster. Destroyed the whole back end of the car. Still had paper plates on it. He cried, I laughed lol.

Steve@Tasca

I had mine once and will have another, I got hooked on big block Buicks at an early age and sold my last one (below) in the mid 90s. Miss it to this day.

1969 Skylark, built 455, built TH-400 and a 12 bolt posi.

4555_zps12fa39a6.jpg

455_zps67eeee44.jpg

-Steve

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Back in my day...it was the Flintstone Mobile. Solid as a rock...widest wheels you could get on a car in those days. Very stiff suspension and strictly SRA...no available IRS. No wheel hop...but a lot off pattering when you really put your foot down. Low on torque and horsepower, for sure...but a helluva a "momentum" mobile.

Actually, after the Flintstone Mobile, in 1970, I coveted these fine rides:

Ferrari Daytona 365 GTB
AC Shelby Cobra 427
Ford GT40 MK2
Porsche 917K
Lamborghini Miura SV
Chaparral 2A
Ferrari 330 P4

Oh...and a 1970 BOSS 302.

I'd own any one (or, preferably, all of them) in a heart beat.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
the mitsu 3000 GT did this as well. trying to find the commercial on youtube for it where they drive it under a big rig's trailer. was so cool back then! :coolman:

Remember the superbowl commercial for the 300zxTT? Guy was being chase by a race car, then a jet. ****ing cool. Easily the best looking Z car ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLyCDsKhGo

Last edited:

NELCO

Established Member
:beer::beer:My favorite car growing up in the 70's was a blue GT 500 with white stripes. When the 13 GT 500 came out I just had to have it. I love this car as much as I love my 2001 lightning, The funny thing is I thought my lightning was really quick the first day I bought it. I bought my GT500 on October 31, 2012 and the sales manager who races lightnings and mustangs said go ahead and get on it but it's way faster than your truck. I am thinking really, Holy _hit I nailed the GT500 and hit 140 before I knew it. I love this car and with Van's help its getting better all the time.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Remember the superbowl commercial for the 300zxTT? Guy was being chase by a race car, then a jet. ****ing cool. Easily the best looking Z car ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLyCDsKhGo

hmmm...never saw that commercial. its a good one lol

this one is possibly the best car commercial of all time /kanye

it came out after high school but still awesome

[youtube_browser]L8QKK5IDSXE[/youtube_browser]

my buddys parents had a brand new C4 in high school. it was nice but they were old and it just seemed like an old persons sports car at the time lol.

i do remember being in love with the Miura since i was a kid. then i saw one in person and got to sit inside. ferraris and lambos were wall poster cars. didnt seem realistic to ever own one. didnt see them that often either when i was a kid. not like how i see them all the time now.

this one was a bit before i was in high school but i have always loved 911s and still do to this day. that's my one of my dream cars i actually hope to own some day.

after watching this clip, it seems like it inspired F&F lol

[youtube_browser]_c0dj11dn98[/youtube_browser]

GoingHaam

Established Member
After Reading this thread it seems like most of us had fairly obtainable dream cars, I wish it was like that now.... Now as for me at least to all MY as an adult dream cars are less obtainable, and have price tags that look like "$xxx,xxx"

Last edited:

Rings

Established Member
1998 T/A anniversary
Those blue anodized wheels :drool YES I would buy I today if I could!
98 Ta.jpg

//College was the 03 Terminator, which I FINALLY bought in May!

Last edited:

Jaysin

Established Member
I was in high school from 04-08, my dream car at the time was easily the MKIV TT 6sp Supra. One of my favorite cars ever. Never owned one, don't know If I ever will honestly, feel like by the time I would have the funds there wouldn't be any good examples left. I still catch myself day dreaming about them from time to time.

Another was the Terminator. Saw my first one in person in 06, Mystic vert, on the interstate, top down, lightbar, sun was setting and the paint was mesmerizing. Love the Mystics, would still love to get one at some point.

Those were the main two, will say the gen 2 Lightning is high on the list too. Actually have had 3 deals fall through trying to own one, just never seems to be in the cards.

Also gotta say that another car I dream of owning is an R33, love those cars so much.

Mike L.

Established Member
1965 Dodge Stage 111 426 Max Wedge with aluminum front end. Baddest car on the street back then. They ran 11.00 stock.
I know, I'm real old.

jsonic

Established Member
Mine was an 06 Ram SRT-10 Night runner. I drove my dads 06 ram 1500 to and from school and around but i always loved those trucks with the v10. After high school me and this one kid became really awesome friends and got into cars. I didnt know much about mustangs but he was super into them. Showed me videos upon videos of kenne bell'd terminators and i kinda fell in love with them. Then my dream car was a 03-04 cobra. He ended up buying a mach 1 and i bought a mustang GT but a few years later i bought my 1st sonic blue cobra, ended up selling it early '14 and then late '14 i bought my new sonic blue cobra. Kinda weird thinking back to how much i used to like mopar...

VegasMichael

Established Member
Looking through this there were a lot of Countach fans, GN fans, Supra fans, and Mopar fans. I knew I joined the right website. I had a GN fresh outta college and loved it to death. She was stolen in PA and never got her back.

XtraTQ

Established Member
Mine was a '96-99 Viper GTS. Bought my '98 GTS about 3 yrs ago.

Users who are viewing this thread