Thinking of buying a Dodge ? What if I were to tell you ......

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I used to change water pumps among other things while in high school working at the Sears Auto Center. Enormous pain in the ass. I've never changed one since, lol. I have people for that.
I can, but don’t. I fix everything myself. Mower, electric, plumbing and my vehicles.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I can, but don’t. I fix everything myself. Mower, electric, plumbing and my vehicles.

My wife thinks something is wrong with me because I won't let anyone in the house to work on anything, but I've had a shop I trust for the cars for 25 years. If they quote me a stupid price for something simple like shocks I do it myself, but cars are so complicated since I worked in a shop in the 70s'.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Something ain't right with that link.

716b19ae1ae72a821dcdea9273a34571.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My wife thinks something is wrong with me because I won't let anyone in the house to work on anything, but I've had a shop I trust for the cars for 25 years. If they quote me a stupid price for something simple like shocks I do it myself, but cars are so complicated since I worked in a shop in the 70s'.
Then nothing gets fixed?

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Something that I have seen with a lot of the online parts dealers is their system will blanket show that all parts are in stock regardless of actual status. Once you order them, then they will let you know it is on backorder. I have had customers do that with me and Ford parts fairly frequently.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I would buy one and just ask the tech and service writer write up something else that's roughly same amount of time, swap out the pump with customer part. Then tip the guy a hundy and or take tech, service writer out to lunch. They would probably be agreeable to an arrangement like that. I know these are things one shouldn't have to do in order to get things done, but it's worth a shot and beats waiting six months.
Would never happen. If you write up something under warranty then the manufacturer calls it back. If you don’t have a part to give them then you’re screwed

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Something that I have seen with a lot of the online parts dealers is their system will blanket show that all parts are in stock regardless of actual status. Once you order them, then they will let you know it is on backorder. I have had customers do that with me and Ford parts fairly frequently.
Yup, there's a member here going through that now with rockers for his GT500. Shows it's in stock, but nationwide out of stock. Best to call and confirm they have it in their hand before paying for anything.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Would never happen. If you write up something under warranty then the manufacturer calls it back. If you don’t have a part to give them then you’re screwed

Couldn't write up a timing cover gasket? Would they really want that back? Just curious, did this years ago, but I would imagine that manufacturers have tightened things up in last 5-10 years.

nxhappy

Established Member
shit, go aftermarket and install yourself....or if you can't wait just sell it/trade it in lol

Users who are viewing this thread