Thinking of buying a Dodge ? What if I were to tell you ......

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
OP, hear me out here...
Lexus GSF, may not be as fast as the scat challenger (or maybe it is?). They push about 470hp. Best reliability out of any luxury brand, v8 and they are pretty rare. Within your 55k budget bud.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Warranties are great for the big ticket items, but I usually just say F it and fix the stuff myself. Everytime I go to the dealership a new problem is created.

I have pretty much resigned myself to never use the warranty. I have already replaced few minor items on my own dime on my 14. I previously had some warranty nightmares with other cars, minor issues turned into a trip to dealer body shop on two separate occasions with previous cars, tech dented in the roof on one, front and rear fascia beat up on another.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Random backorders are common now. We had a 2011 6.7 Powerstroke snap a crankshaft in half in September. Ford would only authorize a longblock and no other parts even though the turbo was cracked and metal fragments were in everything attached to the engine. There is a required install kit for when you do a longblock. In September the ETA off B/o was mid October. When they finally ordered everything around Halloween, the ETA off B/O was February. I was able to figure out everything included in the kit and all the parts were readily available, but it took Ford over a week to authorize us using parts individually instead of the kit that was on backorder.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Cmon bro, you said it yourself, some go for over 100k, in under 3 years it’s already half the price? This isn’t some Audi or euro car that has horrible resale, unless we start seeing these issues in American cars. I sure hope we don’t!!
It's not great. But really the only luxury brand that does do well on resale is Lexus.

Some quick digging and it looks like they lose about 30%-40% of their value in 2 years. That's actually better than the luxury German brands though.

fitforspeed

Established Member
I just sold my Hellcat. And while I will say it was a fun car, I can not say the Dodge service and warranty were fun at all. Yes I did get a loaner when I put it in the shop but not impressed at all with the way Dodge handles things and the length of time it takes. Was my first Chrysler product, which I went against my gut buying because of all the problems I have seen from their products over the years while driving down the road. Seems like every time I’ve seen a car exhaust smoking it’s pretty much always been a Chrysler product. I feel quite confident I will never buy another Chrysler product nor could I recommend them to anyone else. Just my experience and two cents.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
It's not great. But really the only luxury brand that does do well on resale is Lexus.

Some quick digging and it looks like they lose about 30%-40% of their value in 2 years. That's actually better than the luxury German brands though.
I think the GSF is the sedan to own (if power isnt a must have), their next sedan will be a twin turbo v6. No more v8s. :(

Can't believe I'm saying this, but everyone is going turbo and im kind of getting sick of it. I'm happy with my 8.4 v10. LOL

Never_Enough

Established Member
Could see why you'd be worried, honestly I have looked at going HC, but just not overly impressed with the interior.
Same here. However, I think I would at least consider a PCP HC Charger when prices come down more. As of now, can't see myself spending $50k on one when I can get another C6Z or a C7 or insert 75 other cars here

Never_Enough

Established Member
I think the GSF is the sedan to own (if power isnt a must have), their next sedan will be a twin turbo v6. No more v8s. :(

Can't believe I'm saying this, but everyone is going turbo and im kind of getting sick of it. I'm happy with my 8.4 v10. LOL
The RC-F is where it's at. I will take one in orange. They are good looking cars, but not enough power for the $ so pass.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

I like the look of them and they get decent power out of their 5.0.. But man.. $85k.

Never_Enough

Established Member
It's a liability issue, to have you in a loaner that the manufacture is paying for (trust me they are, the dealer isn't going to front a car for that long without getting paid) they need an open repair order. In order to have an open RO the vehicle needs to be in the dealers possession. A repair order is a binding contract so say for instance you were driving your vehicle, hit another vehicle and drove off. Police finally track you down and you say oh that wasn't me check with the dealer they have had my vehicle since this date. That's just one of the many scenarios that could happen in a dealers eyes.
I'd hope they are keeping my car inside then. I would not want my toy sitting outside getting disgusting for 2 months

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Same here. However, I think I would at least consider a PCP HC Charger when prices come down more. As of now, can't see myself spending $50k on one when I can get another C6Z or a C7 or insert 75 other cars here

So I never saw myself in a Dodge either. That said, it's a fantastic 10sec daily driver. Quiet, comfortable, heated/cooled seats, seats 5 if I need that. Not many cars can accomplish what a HC charger can.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'd hope they are keeping my car inside then. I would not want my toy sitting outside getting disgusting for 2 months
Doubtful, shop space is limited, every bay is expected to be a money maker day in day out. Most likely sitting in a parking lot, if a nice enough dealer they may have a parking deck that they would put it under.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Exactly how I feel about F1 too, would like to see the return to V10s or at least the V8s. That monster you have in your viper is the last of the old breed, big inch monsters. Most everything going forward is going to be going turbo, or supercharged, small displacement. Hopefully there will still be an outlier or two from the Big 3.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I like the look of them and they get decent power out of their 5.0.. But man.. $85k.
Used GSF with low miles are already in the mid 50's. The problem with them is the power, everything in its class has close to 600hp (if not over that).

I would still pick the GSF as a DD.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Can you just get an aftermarket pump & have a smaller/cheaper shop install it?
At least they put you in a decent loaner.
Good luck either way.
You still have the 500 too?

Never_Enough

Established Member
So I never saw myself in a Dodge either. That said, it's a fantastic 10sec daily driver. Quiet, comfortable, heated/cooled seats, seats 5 if I need that. Not many cars can accomplish what a HC charger can.
I'm just not sold on the interior for the $. I really was not impressed w/the Challenger HC I drove. It felt like the land yahct it is too. I didn't like that part. I guess if I could only have 1 car, & needed to haul people, I'd give it more thought but it's just me & I already have a sedan.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm just not sold on the interior for the $. I really was not impressed w/the Challenger HC I drove. It felt like the land yahct it is too. I didn't like that part. I guess if I could only have 1 car & needed to haul people, I'd give it more though, but it's just me & I already have a sedan.

What are you comparing the interior too? A benz, BMW, a terribly under powered Lexus? it's a trade off. Can't get that power level at that price point for $72K new. A new CTSV is $95+K and has less power. S65 is 200K+. And say my 13 CTSV has a nicer interior, but it was almost $75K back in 2013 and has significantly less power.

And yes it's much heavier than the Miata or Z06 or even your 6. It's a fullsize vehicle atleast the Charger is. And for that it handles, stops, and accelerates very well.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
trade it for a HC Charger and go pick on 13/14 GT500's?
I’d be picking on myself. I own a 14 gt500.

OP, hear me out here...
Lexus GSF, may not be as fast as the scat challenger (or maybe it is?). They push about 470hp. Best reliability out of any luxury brand, v8 and they are pretty rare. Within your 55k budget bud.
That’s not for me. I would either buy another Challenger, a camaro or a mustang.
Can you just get an aftermarket pump & have a smaller/cheaper shop install it?
At least they put you in a decent loaner.
Good luck either way.
You still have the 500 too?
Yes I still own and love my gt500.

Last edited:

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
A
I’m afraid this same thing might happen to a hellcat to tell you the truth. Maybe there are other parts on backorder. I want to see how this plays out before I give Dodge more money.

The ram is alright but I wouldn’t buy a truck except for a raptor.
are they on back order because they are
I don’t think I have the skills nor the patience to do this repair.

I’m no mechanic.
I not sure RT 24 Dodge does either. I heard they let a pickup out with 1 lug nut on a front tire. The tire fell off on RT 24.

Users who are viewing this thread