Thinking of buying a Dodge ? What if I were to tell you ......

Never_Enough

Established Member
What are you comparing the interior too? A benz, BMW, a terribly under powered Lexus? it's a trade off. Can't get that power level at that price point for $72K new. A new CTSV is $95+K and has less power. S65 is 200K+. And say my 13 CTSV has a nicer interior, but it was almost $75K back in 2013 and has significantly less power.

And yes it's much heavier than the Miata or Z06 or even your 6. It's a fullsize vehicle atleast the Charger is. And for that it handles, stops, and accelerates very well.
Not comparing to anything in particular, just didn't care for it. I think I'd honestly buy a modded V2 over a HC. I just hate how new cars are so big. Just looking at the MS6 next to the Jetta makes me shake my head & the Jetta is not even a full size sedan. I can live with less power, always mods available, if I really love the rest of the car. Part of why I went MS6 over EVO or STi when I got my 1st one new in 2007.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Not comparing to anything in particular, just didn't care for it. I think I'd honestly buy a modded V2 over a HC. I just hate how new cars are so big. Just looking at the MS6 next to the Jetta makes me shake my head & the Jetta is not even a full size sedan. I can live with less power, always mods available, if I really love the rest of the car. Part of why I went MS6 over EVO or STi when I got my 1st one new in 2007.

Guess it's good I have a V, but the cool kind. I'll state to make decent power is going to cost coin. HE and associated systems are underdeveloped. Pulley replacement is a bitch. Injectors are a must if you do almost anything. I'm guess I'm used to the cheapness and ease of modding a GT500.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
OUr 2015 Durango R/T has been solid.My brother's 2017 2500 Cummins has a recall on the water pump due to a fire issue.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Guess it's good I have a V, but the cool kind. I'll state to make decent power is going to cost coin. HE and associated systems are underdeveloped. Pulley replacement is a bitch. Injectors are a must if you do almost anything. I'm guess I'm used to the cheapness and ease of modding a GT500.
Part of why I buy cars already modded to my taste. Save time & money

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
It's all relative price wise, which is my excuse anyway. My S4 was a bigger pain in the ass, more expensive for bigger upgrades, and made a lot less power. I have about $3k into my V, if I have one, some may say I don't. Bang for buck, I don't see it as too much compared to similar mods for others. Downside of tech advancements, makes mods pricier. Hell all the stuff to delete my diesel is going to run damn near the same amount.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
OT, did you buy an extended warranty for it? Debating on ours.

Nah. Thought about it, but in the past, I have never once been in a position where I would have used an extended warranty. We hardly ever keep cars more than 3-4 years. Having said that, I can actually see us keeping this one much longer than that.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
It's all relative price wise, which is my excuse anyway. My S4 was a bigger pain in the ass, more expensive for bigger upgrades, and made a lot less power. I have about $3k into my V, if I have one, some may say I don't. Bang for buck, I don't see it as too much compared to similar mods for others. Downside of tech advancements, makes mods pricier. Hell all the stuff to delete my diesel is going to run damn near the same amount.
Nobody said you owned or didnt own one, I wanted to see pics to see what color you got. But since you like to bring it up, did you buy it for $55k?
LOL

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Love the experts here who know about every vehicle and what every one sold for. Mileage, trim, and location be damned.
Generally when people say cars can be found for such and such a price it excludes anomalies such as super high miles or salvaged titles.

The 16 V can be had for low 60k would be accurate. And the 14 RS7 can be found for the mid 50k. That RS7 with a certified tag would be an amazing vehicle!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Nobody said you owned or didnt own one, I wanted to see pics to see what color you got. But since you like to bring it up, did you buy it for $55k?
LOL
Actually you did allude to it, had nothing to do with color. Don't really care honestly since I may or may not have one anyway. What I paid wouldn't be believed for the options, color, etc. It might even be one of those 15' models that never existed...

Generally when people say cars can be found for such and such a price it excludes anomalies such as super high miles or salvaged titles.

The 16 V can be had for low 60k would be accurate. And the 14 RS7 can be found for the mid 50k. That RS7 with a certified tag would be an amazing vehicle!
The immediate dismissal is what amuses me. Say for example occasionally a mystic cobra pops up for $20k, when the average is 28k, that must also mean that it's impossible. Mind you options and mileage were never referenced.

A base 16 with 25k miles isn't the same price as a 16 with carbon package,etc with 5k miles. Low 60's are the average, however to dismiss any that will come up for less is hilarious. Deals aren't hard to find if you're patient and know what you want. Not finding exactly what you want right this second, doesn't make it impossible.

The one for 63k on autotrader has been around since Aug I believe. We're now into winter for half the country which cuts down on buyers. Someone interested could likely get it for less than asking. Except that wouldn't be possible...

You two are welcome to pile on all you like, really doesn't matter as I know what I've seen.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
That is bad. That could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

@BrunotheBoxer, have you tried Central Dodge in Norwood?
The part is back ordered through out the whole country. Any dealer that has one won’t give them up as there are over 1000 people waiting for them. Also the current water pump is such a piece of shit that Dodge is searching for a new vendor to produce an improved one.
Any left over water pumps will probably fail anyway.

I got all this from the dealer today.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The part is back ordered through out the whole country. Any dealer that has one won’t give them up as there are over 1000 people waiting for them. Also the current water pump is such a piece of shit that Dodge is searching for a new vendor to produce an improved one.
Any left over water pumps will probably fail anyway.
I got all this from the dealer today.
Wow,...that sucks. Talk about a fiasco!
At least you'll be pimping in the '17 Ram truck for the winter. lol

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
This is crazy! So you could actually walk up to the counter and buy a water pump tomorrow but they won't have one to fix your car for months? Can someone explain the logic in that?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This is crazy! So you could actually walk up to the counter and buy a water pump tomorrow but they won't have one to fix your car for months? Can someone explain the logic in that?

I would buy one and just ask the tech and service writer write up something else that's roughly same amount of time, swap out the pump with customer part. Then tip the guy a hundy and or take tech, service writer out to lunch. They would probably be agreeable to an arrangement like that. I know these are things one shouldn't have to do in order to get things done, but it's worth a shot and beats waiting six months.

Users who are viewing this thread