On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

Nuar

Established Member
GOOD! Chris has my car running like a raped ape WOT and cruising around town low throttle like a prius.

Im absolutely stoked with the new set up. At 6.5 psi the car feels faster than it ever has.

I can only imagine what 10 is going to feel like. When I had the Paxton, it felt fast on 10 psi but not quite as fast as it does now.

Some of that feeling is simply the way the power comes on turbo vs centri.

The boost comes in so fast and hard with the twins its really a shock if youre used to the centri power curve.

im getting full boost well before 4000 rpm. Car is an animal.

I was actually impressed with the internals of the on3 gates. stainless valves, and quality rubber diaphrams. Ive had not issues yet but do in fact have a set of Tials on the shelf ready to go in if need be.

Did you cut off your on3 flanges and weld in the tial flanges when you switched?

you WANT to make the switch!

Sweet man! Happy to hear its running great!
Did you get any videos yet?
I'd love to hear those bad boys spool up :D

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I tried to get one Monday but positioning of the gopro was no good and you can't hear anything.

Will get some vid this week or weekend.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I'm guessing you saved money by switching? On3 being cheaper than the Paxton setup with a torque booster?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I probably lost a few hundred by bucks. Not to mention my time on the pulling of the blower and install of the twins.

No regrets tho. Some people have to live it to learn it I guess (me).

:)

Bgoins

Established Member
I swapped from a Roush blower to On3. I'd do it again. Especially after figuring it out.

In terms of maintenance, do you feel the twins require more upkeep once everything is set up and dialed in? Also in terms of reliability, would u be more hesitant to go on a long road trip now that u have turbos than u would with the Roushcharger?

cb900f

Established Member
In terms of maintenance, do you feel the twins require more upkeep once everything is set up and dialed in? Also in terms of reliability, would u be more hesitant to go on a long road trip now that u have turbos than u would with the Roushcharger?
I drove the TT kit to work a lot. (It's not my daily, but a lot of fun!) If I wasn't on e85 I wouldn't have hesitated to drive long distance.

Reliability, I'm not scared of it, but once again it's not my daily.

92fiveohfox

Established Member

Lol... Maybe you missed the post where he said his engine is toast now. :)

5lho

Established Member
Having been down the non-factory turbo route, you will face more maintenance and durability issues down the road. There are just a whole lot more pipes and connections in a turbo setup. That's reality. Any power adder will add work to your life as well as power, that can't be avoided. Spend good money up front on quality and buy back a little less durability and reliability issues down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread