On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

corysmach1

Established Member
If your hitting full boost by 3k then the twins will be considerably faster than the Paxton. Also seems Centris need to be revved to work. Both are awesome.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
If your hitting full boost by 3k then the twins will be considerably faster than the Paxton. Also seems Centris need to be revved to work. Both are awesome.

Well when it builds boost per RPM, of course it needs to be revved to work, lol. I love centri's, but these cars work a whole hell of a lot better with turbo's at the same PSI. Torque is the main reason why I won't put a centri on mine. I can't get over the sound they create, however. But, I want a car that actually feels fast and you really feel the power. When I rode in a Paxton car, I wasn't all that impressed with how it felt.

Comparing that to an On3 car on 11psi, holy shit. Huge difference. After that, I knew turbo's were the way to go on these cars. Can not wait to get them on my car and make some awesome power even on low boost.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

My car hits full boost just before 4000, not 3000. It's comes on very quick though and in a higher gear like 4th it'll hit full boost by 35-3700 rpm.

MUCH more responsive down low than the centri it replaced.

Comparing that to an On3 car on 11psi, holy shit. Huge difference. After that, I knew turbo's were the way to go on these cars. Can not wait to get them on my car and make some awesome power even on low boost.

My car feels as strong now at 6.5 psi as it did with the Paxton at 9-10 psi.

I can't imagine what these twins will feel like at 11 psi.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
It feels strong, very strong. The same car I just mentioned also hit 20-24 one night. It's a base On3 kit with the 60's. 20-24psi feels so ****ing unreal, I don't even know how to describe it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll get some at the track for sure.

I took a gopro vid of a 2-3-4 highway on ramp pull but it didn't come out good and is much too quiet. The car in fact quieted down quite a bit after the turbo install.

Waiting for it to cool off a bit and will take some better vid and post.

corysmach1

Established Member
My car hits full boost just before 4000, not 3000. It's comes on very quick though and in a higher gear like 4th it'll hit full boost by 35-3700 rpm.

MUCH more responsive down low than the centri it replaced.

My car feels as strong now at 6.5 psi as it did with the Paxton at 9-10 psi.

I can't imagine what these twins will feel like at 11 psi.

Still that's impressive. Do you have a stock Intake on your car? How high you spinning it? I have the CJ setup now. I wouldn't feel comfortable spinning it to 7700 but could always shift lower untill the motor is built. Is your fuel setup just a BAP and ID1000 pump gas. I'm asking these questions because On3 is local I know Chad personally and can get a good deal.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Care to post some finished engine bay pics? Sorry if I missed those somewhere else in the thread.

don't think I posted these yet... one of the engine and one of it when I was driving around without the front bumper as I ironed out any small leaks or issues.

IMG_0502_zpsijh3veud.jpg

IMG_0500_zps1c4irmcb.jpg

Still that's impressive. Do you have a stock Intake on your car? How high you spinning it? I have the CJ setup now. I wouldn't feel comfortable spinning it to 7700 but could always shift lower untill the motor is built. Is your fuel setup just a BAP and ID1000 pump gas. I'm asking these questions because On3 is local I know Chad personally and can get a good deal.

stock intake. Ive never shifted this car over 7200 rpm and don't really plan to moving forward. Fuel system is ID1000s, kenne bell BAP and pump gas. I can get 100 octane out of the pump locally but its damn expensive so i'll just mix it with 91 from time to time.

corysmach1

Established Member
don't think I posted these yet... one of the engine and one of it when I was driving around without the front bumper as I ironed out any small leaks or issues.

IMG_0502_zpsijh3veud.jpg

IMG_0500_zps1c4irmcb.jpg

stock intake. Ive never shifted this car over 7200 rpm and don't really plan to moving forward. Fuel system is ID1000s, kenne bell BAP and pump gas. I can get 100 octane out of the pump locally but its damn expensive so i'll just mix it with 91 from time to time.

Right on. I could sell my CJ setup and longtubes and damn near pay for half this kit. I'm on E85 now but would need a good fuel system to continue on E85 with boost. The car is also Magnum Swapped.

JTS_7

Established Member
It feels strong, very strong. The same car I just mentioned also hit 20-24 one night. It's a base On3 kit with the 60's. 20-24psi feels so ****ing unreal, I don't even know how to describe it.

What kind of power is that thing making?

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
What kind of power is that thing making?

His car made 879 on 19psi at 6200rpm's on a Mustang Dyno. 655whp on the same dyno on 11psi. Which is very misleading because that 655whp put a few bus lengths on a Paxton with 675whp.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
His car made 879 on 19psi at 6200rpm's on a Mustang Dyno. 655whp on the same dyno on 11psi. Which is very misleading because that 655whp put a few bus lengths on a Paxton with 675whp.

because no paxton tarques till 9200RPM.

tarbo tarques @ 4000rpm, ftmfw.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Settle down lil fella.

You know you just leaned that little fact a month ago being a newb and all. :poke:

syclone50

Established Member
Here is a quick vid I made today. Gimmie I hope you don't mind I am posting it in your thread. Figured there was no reason to start another one seeing how everyone is in yours Lol
We have the basic set up so I thought I would share. I got a clip with the camera mounted right above the mufflers and then on the hood. It is inside my water proof housing which cuts down on the wind noise but make the video quiet so turn up your speakers. I was glad you can hear the turbos spooling. Both clips are rolling in second gear then hitting it, running 11psi. I also have 3.31 gears.
2012 Mustang
On3 TT 60mm kit
No cats w/MBRP exhaust
[video=youtube;ts8GSx0Jiak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts8GSx0Jiak[/video]

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Where are these videos of that on3 kit driving.

The people want videos.

GIVE US VIDEOS! :pop:

^I'm with this guy!! :)

I know I know.... having a FT job really puts a hamper on this type of stuff lol

Here is a quick vid I made today. Gimmie I hope you don't mind I am posting it in your thread. Figured there was no reason to start another one seeing how everyone is in yours Lol
We have the basic set up so I thought I would share. I got a clip with the camera mounted right above the mufflers and then on the hood. It is inside my water proof housing which cuts down on the wind noise but make the video quiet so turn up your speakers. I was glad you can hear the turbos spooling. Both clips are rolling in second gear then hitting it, running 11psi. I also have 3.31 gears.
2012 Mustang
On3 TT 60mm kit
No cats w/MBRP exhaust
[video=youtube;ts8GSx0Jiak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts8GSx0Jiak[/video]

great vid! post all you got... more the merrier!

Users who are viewing this thread