• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

On3 twin turbo install, some thoughts, and PICS.

Discussion in 'Power-Adders' started by gimmie11s, Jul 26, 2015.

1. JayVee

JayVee REAL is Rare Established Member

Mine is holding up well but I also heard being against it including turbo blankets.

2. baggyp

baggyp New Member Established Member

I am thinking about doing them in the Titanium wrap from DEI. I don't know if that would be better since you dont have to use water.

I also wonder if this was more for the older kits? Maybe the metals and the welds were of lesser quality, the kit I received looks pretty good.

3. T's03GT

T's03GT #Team5bro Established Member

It feels 'smooth' to me. I feel like I can really shift with it. I get the rubber feel though, for sure. Especially when just cruising around town. I wish I could find a shifter feel like my Pro5.0 felt on my old car. That was a perfect feel.

I'm sure it feels amazing, but I can't justify spending that much on a shifter on this transmission.

Exactly what I thought. I liked it at first, but it was a pain in the ass after a while. I let my ex drive the car with it, she could barely muscle it into gear hahaha. Reverse was even worse since it was a lot harder to push down. It was funny.

4. JayVee

That's what I have

5. baggyp

baggyp New Member Established Member

Glad to have some reassurance!!

6. syclone50

syclone50 Active Member Established Member

On the dyno I only saw 12.5 or so psi. I couldnt get my EBC turned up in the 3 pulls I was given during the last dyno day. That run made 740 through an A6 after three other runs. My IATs were less than 50 degrees and it was a 70 degree day. I have turned it up to 14 psi a couple of times on the street.

7. DaBigBone

DaBigBone Well-Known Member Established Member

I'd be all over this kit tomorrow if I had the time and the place to do the install

8. JayVee

Nice! I also was opting to go with the BOSS block this week for my build then tried to hunt down a ALUMINATOR SB and come to find out, contrary to what the webz and ALL Vendor sites say... FORD RACING/Ford Manufacture is no longer available and has been discontinued from the factory and only being available as a long block crate motor. AM, TASCA and Tousley all did not know this until my inq. lol! Oh well, next opt.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  9. JT76

JT76 Member Established Member

Would someone be able to say swap in another T4 turbo and say tial gates without any modification? Gates look like knock off tials. I have been considering using the piping from this kit but with different turbos (maybe) and gates (for sure). Great thread.

10. JayVee

"Knock Offs" This entire kit has been said to be "Knock Off". As mentioned, the wg knock off of Tial and the Turbos knock offs of Turbonetics. At least as far as the 67 BB go. But is can be cost efficient vs the named manufactures and at the same time, depending on the issues one may have during build, install or function, it could be the same price as well. Hit or miss pretty much. I have experienced small stuff and currently getting the manifolds patched up from some hairline cracks. So you see, even with the piping (10k miles) Save now, Pay later but the kit works and produces some good results.

11. JT76

JT76 Member Established Member

Right, I get that. But still doesn't answer my question lol

12. JayVee

I was only commenting on the "Knock off". But all should fit for the same reason.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  13. T's03GT

T's03GT #Team5bro Established Member

Yes. People usually go with Precision 6266's to swap, which honestly, I would keep the 60's based off of how reliable they actually are. Also, you can do 150 in the quarter with the base 60's. Wastegates can be swapped as well; Tial 44mm's are the ones that usually replace them. May need some fab work with the wastegates though. My buddy, Whippled3v on here, swapped to Tial's and had to have the wastegate tube extended to fit the drivers side.

14. JayVee

shyt, even one of the stock WG position was off and needed some weld tweeking fab lol

15. Naif Johani

Naif Johani Member Established Member

Hi every one any idea where i can relocate the windshield wiper fluid tank in the gt 14 since we had to take it off and put the computer in its place.
    thx

16. Naif Johani

Naif Johani Member Established Member

AgD0AiU_sjS7zt3JMgyOgn-B01ku1ZL45HuT3gUfYBNp.jpg

17. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

18. Tuffnuts23

Tuffnuts23 Member Established Member

You should move it quick. GLWS

19. Scott8583

Scott8583 Addicted to Corn! Established Member

Why are you selling??

20. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

in the middle of buying another house.. could use the freed up cash.

Im sure there will be another down the road some time. Ive come to LOVE this platform. So much support its not even funny. Its awesome. I'll be back some day without a doubt.