New VMP TVS elbows are in for the Cobra

BMR Tech

Here is how mine is configured. All plug and play.

timspony, he is referring to the way I have mine, pictured below.

IMAG1284_zps589057f2.jpg

Last edited:

BMR Tech

No problem. You will want to completely remove the fitting, clean the threads, re-apply some sealant, and re-install. I tried turning an additional 180* from where yours is, and I just didn't have enough man-juice to do it.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Why not run an iac that has an external air port? I had a spare one from my old saleen sc281 kicking around i used that and it works great

Last edited:

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
No problem. You will want to completely remove the fitting, clean the threads, re-apply some sealant, and re-install. I tried turning an additional 180* from where yours is, and I just didn't have enough man-juice to do it.
Yea....I had to rotate the brass plug 180 deg. (with a 3 foot pipe & wrench) to work!!! I did not remove it entirely....seemed to be VERY tight still

Here's a final few pics....car runs good :beer:

2013-07-03175847.jpg

2013-07-03172355.gif

2013-07-03175908.jpg

2013-07-03180049.jpg

Quick video (click on the pic):

th_video-2013-07-03-18-01-10.jpg

D-MANN

Established Member
Does it come with gaskets or do i need to get two?Do i need to drill a hole in my JLT and where is the best place?underside or side of intake?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Does it come with gaskets or do i need to get two?Do i need to drill a hole in my JLT and where is the best place?underside or side of intake?

I drilled a hole on the bottom of my JLT & Justin provided the grommet & 90 for the IAC hose ... what gaskets are you referring to??

2013-07-02190632.jpg

Tim, perfect. Exactly what I recommended. :beer:

Yes :) ..... worked perfect and made for a much cleaner install :thumbsup: ... thanks!!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
IAC paper gasket. One for the IAC to block and one for block to inlet.
Justin's IAC block came with with O-rings .... I did reuse the factory paper gasket with the factory IAC though (not sure if it was really necessary though)

Pic was before I rotated the Brass 90 - 180 deg. :rockon:

2013-07-02194510.jpg

Last edited:

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
So, What exactly do you need that isnt included with the TB and elbow? just the silicone coupler and a 5inch clamp?

D-MANN

Established Member
Thanks for the pics. Did you turn the fitting clockwise from where it was or took it off,resealed and then tightened to correct angle?just dont want anyone snapping the fitting if its on tight

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
So, What exactly do you need that isnt included with the TB and elbow? just the silicone coupler and a 5inch clamp?

That would be it....maybe Justin will offer both in the near future ....I used a #96 clamp (and took 2.5 inches off the end so it didn't stick out so far) ...I also found the 4.5" to 5" silicone coupler on line for $25 to my door

.... Link to the Silicone coupler: http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/me...&Product_Code=R40B-450-500&Category_Code=RSS1

Tim :)

Last edited:

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Thanks for the pics. Did you turn the fitting clockwise from where it was or took it off,resealed and then tightened to correct angle?just dont want anyone snapping the fitting if its on tight

I took it off the car, put 2 wood shims on either side of the IAC aluminum adopter and bolted into my vise, I then turned it counterclockwise (180 deg.) with a 3 foot long pipe on my wrench!!! The brass fitting was still very tight and I didn't back it all the way!! Seems to be fine!

Last edited:

suby_do

Established Member
It would be nice if we could use the IAC that has the port on it instead of having to use these adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread