New VMP TVS elbows are in for the Cobra

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I honestly do not think the JLT High Boost is a restriction on these set-ups. GT500/SCJ TB.

Yes, the TB is 5"...compared to the 4.5" JLT.....but, there is a lot of volume in the JLT intake....from the filter the the TB, at 4.5"....that's A LOT of air volume.

Senkak's car could/would be a great test. It is already making incredible power, but, would it make much more with a larger intake set-up? Maybe.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
^^^ I now have the JLT HB CAI with the new GT500 TB .... dyno soon :)

(Pic with a Accufab TB)
2013-06-28174901.jpg

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I think it is as well

This is what i was thinking, use the driver side intake setup from the Lysolm Twin Screw, its a 5 inch setup comes all required hardware im thinking it may require a little work to fit perfectly on the passenger side but i think it would be a worth while addition.....ill be looking into this soon.....And a correction to my original statement svt4me38 made the suggestion to me.

Here is a pic of the setup:

http://www.lysholm.us/images/5-inch_inlet_upgrade_for_2003-2004_cobra.jpg
Glad I could help!:beer:
Now get it and put that pig heavy vert on the rollers!

Ps.... Reminder, not sure what maf you are going to run but my tuner ran into issues trying to tune the vmp hpx maf with my setup, with the intake being so big it messes up the readings.
Which is why I went with a 05 ford maf sensor or you can run the gt500 maf.

Last edited:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Glad I could help!:beer:
Now get it and put that pig heavy vert on the rollers!

Ps.... Reminder, not sure what maf you are going to run but my tuner ran into issues trying to tune the vmp hpx maf with my setup, with the intake being so big it messes up the readings.
Which is why I went with a 05 ford maf sensor or you can run the gt500 maf.

Right, we make the VMP3500 maf for interim setups, more range needed than a stock 05 GT/V6/GT500 maf, but not all the range needed of the VMP5000/VMP HPX/BA5000.

VMP 3500 05+ Slot Style MAF Sensor: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

VMP 3500 works great in a 100mm tube. The stock 05+ slot maf works well for the larger 123mm+ tubes, until you get to about 800rwhp and it can max out.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I honestly do not think the JLT High Boost is a restriction on these set-ups. GT500/SCJ TB.

Yes, the TB is 5"...compared to the 4.5" JLT.....but, there is a lot of volume in the JLT intake....from the filter the the TB, at 4.5"....that's A LOT of air volume.

Senkak's car could/would be a great test. It is already making incredible power, but, would it make much more with a larger intake set-up? Maybe.

We tested larger and smaller short-ram CAIs on Rick's car with no changes in power output. That being said, I don't think the CAI needs to be huge, as there is no blade and shaft obstruction like there is with the TB.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To answer Chuck's question and any others, if there is a concern with your old elbow, we can certainly look at warrantying it. Please PM me on here.

BMR Tech

Right, we make the VMP3500 maf for interim setups, more range needed than a stock 05 GT/V6/GT500 maf, but not all the range needed of the VMP5000/VMP HPX/BA5000.

VMP 3500 05+ Slot Style MAF Sensor: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts.

^ Same MAF I have, it works great! I have always been a big fan of the VMP Slot MAFs, and have used them countless times with great success!

Project VMP 3500 + JLT High Boost + VMP GT500 TB = Results Coming Soon!:beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks good!
I secured the IAC relocation using the rear bolt hole on the coil cover.

TVSCobra

Established Member
Looks good!
I secured the IAC relocation using the rear bolt hole on the coil cover.

Yup remember that was how I had mine at first. I plan on putting it back there. I was focused on getting it done.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
TVSCobra, can you please post a closer/better picture of your TPS?

Is it plugged in from the backside, or the front? I am not quite sure I can clearly tell which way you mounted it. Is the car running?

BMR Tech

Very similar to how mine is set up sir. My hold up is running the JLT with a slot style maf. Soon...

TVSCobra

Established Member
my idle block is coming.

My TPS is mounted facing the back of the vehicle.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

my idle block is coming.

My TPS is mounted facing the back of the vehicle.

Make sure flow path of air is the same for the relocation of the IAC. I didn't look at the pics, but the pre/post air into the IAC is specific to the ports on it.

TRBO VNM

Here's what I did with justin's IAC block...IAC and TPS plugged in the stock location!!

2013-07-02195532.jpg

Why not rotate brass fitting 180* so the hose doesn't have the bend and flows nicely along tbody and intake tube?

And remember a zip-tie on that hose at both ends

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Why not rotate brass fitting 180* so the hose doesn't have the bend and flows nicely along tbody and intake tube?

And remember a zip-tie on that hose at both ends
I wouldn't be able to plug in the TPS (without rotating that 180 deg. - and I'd have to lengthen the wires) - they would interfere with each other.... I took this path!!

..... clamps going on :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread