Just ordered 2.9 Whipple!! 1st owner!!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Spoke with a rep at whipple today and they only make a 3.5 pulley for this blower which will net 18 to 19lbs of boost.

I assume that's to much for 91 pump gas? My car has all the supporting mods and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Whipple. Can't decide if I want the 2.3 or this 2.9.

mach1033

Established Member
I assume that's to much for 91 pump gas? My car has all the supporting mods and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Whipple. Can't decide if I want the 2.3 or this 2.9.

If what I read is true being that this blower is spinning slower and making 18lbs of boost then the IAT2's should be low enough for pump gas. I dont see why that wouldnt work on 91. I have 93 in my area. Currently I'm at 21lbs with 93 and torco on every fill up. If this were my daily driver I would have just kept it at 17 and called it a day. It still made plenty of power and like most of you I just couldnt leave it alone ;-)

Blk4V00GT

Established Member

I think 18 or 19 is too much for 91.

The car that was just tuned by RET was on 18lbs and they had to mix 100 octane with the 91 until they could lower the boost.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Spoke with a rep at whipple today and they only make a 3.5 pulley for this blower which will net 18 to 19lbs of boost. Reichard makes a 4 inch but then there might be a hood clearance issue. I'm ordering the 2.9 on monday along with the 4 inch pulley and I will see if it clears my hood. Also my motor is all stock. I have all the supporting mods needed for the upgrade so we will see what she makes. I will post a new thread when I get all this done.

Reichard Racing 03-04 Cobra Ultra Grip SC Pulley (Whipple) [RR-ULTRAGRIPWHP] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Wonder if the 3.85" would work.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
SD 60's, SCT BA2600, bassani X, magnaflow catback, 100mm idler, 12" K&N conical filter
SCT Xcal 3 tune, KB BAP, NGK Iridiums, Fluidyne HE, probably more that I'm forgetting..
The car made 481/471 with the Steggy Stage V that I took off today ...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
SD 60's, SCT BA2600, bassani X, magnaflow catback, 100mm idler, 12" K&N conical filter
SCT Xcal 3 tune, KB BAP, NGK Iridiums, Fluidyne HE, probably more that I'm forgetting..
The car made 481/471 with the Steggy Stage V that I took off today ...

What kind of fuel do you plan to run?

Users who are viewing this thread