Just ordered 2.9 Whipple!! 1st owner!!

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
Just got off the phone with Mike @ Whipple Superchargers. I actually had sent them a form for the 2.3 but after a chat with Mike on the phone he told me they just got the 1st 2.9 whipple assembled and ready for me to purchase:banana:..Hell ya ill buy the 2.9.:rockon:..ill keep everyone updated with numbers and pics. wont be for awaile though ill be on the road for the next month..just wanted everyone to know its avaliable...the only thing that sucks i wont even see the supercharged till i get back home..ill have my wife send me a pic of the 2.9:)

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Damn, you are the 1st to buy one and you won't have it installed instantly...cmon man...
Good luck

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Will the 2.9 fit under the stock hood with no mods needed?

May be a dumb question but why not go with the 3.4 since it's already out and performing well.

GodStang

Established Member

May be a dumb question but why not go with the 3.4 since it's already out and performing well.

Yes it will fit under stock hood. The 2.9l will give you better low down at smaller psi. The 3.4l will give you better high boost application.

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member

i really debated between the 2.3l and 3.4l.....for what iam going to use the cobra for the 2.9l even 2.3l is perfect for me...believe me the 3.4 is routhless my buddy has a build 5.0 w/ 3.4l in his 03cobra its crazy fast....the 2.9l will be plently enough for me...and yes the 2.9l will fit under the hood...and yes GODSTANG is right about the psi output...2.9l lower psi/3.4l higher psi...just depends what you want i guess.

greengt88

Established Member
I know I'll be going with the 2.9L instead of the 2.3 or 3.4.....2.3 just doesn't have enough room to grow and the 3.4 seems just too large for a stret car and seems to be better with built shortblocks than a stock block....2.9 seems perfect...should hit 650 alone with pump gas a few mods, you"d need cams,longtubes atleast to do that with a 2.3

GodStang

Established Member
i really debated between the 2.3l and 3.4l.....for what iam going to use the cobra for the 2.9l even 2.3l is perfect for me...believe me the 3.4 is routhless my buddy has a build 5.0 w/ 3.4l in his 03cobra its crazy fast....the 2.9l will be plently enough for me...and yes the 2.9l will fit under the hood...and yes GODSTANG is right about the psi output...2.9l lower psi/3.4l higher psi...just depends what you want i guess.

Trust me after all the different blowers I have dealt with and seen about 5% of us truly can take advantage of the 3.4L. I would say 90% do it just cause it sounds cool to have a big blower and they do not take full advantage of it. The 2.9L will be perfect for you. The 2.8L/2.9L is the best of both worlds. They still spin up fast and can get mid to high 20psi for serious power for the street. You will be very happy with the 2.9L.

gabe1530

Banned
awesome, cant wait to see your pics! keep us updated when you can.
im going to go with the 2.9l soon too.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet, congrats! A whipple might be in the future for me as well. 2.9L seems perfect, I would like more info on it as well.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
lethal called me last week and told me they could order it for me already, im just waiting to see the boost and the power they make with the stock pulley, it might be over 20psi and i wanna be on the safe side i dont wanna blow up my motor, so i would have to use e85 and im not too thrilled with that idea since mine is a DD, let us know how it turns out

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I know I'll be going with the 2.9L instead of the 2.3 or 3.4.....2.3 just doesn't have enough room to grow and the 3.4 seems just too large for a stret car and seems to be better with built shortblocks than a stock block....2.9 seems perfect...should hit 650 alone with pump gas a few mods, you"d need cams,longtubes atleast to do that with a 2.3

650 on pump gas sounds good to me. When I get ready to go twin screw, pump gas will be a definate requirement for me.

Race gas for some impressive dyno sheets might be nice for some but it's just not practical.

Users who are viewing this thread