Just ordered 2.9 Whipple!! 1st owner!!

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Got the single in on friday and installed...still putting in the KB BAP and my dynocologist is out of town...will definitely have numbers this week. A little worried now though because I went straight for the 3.25 upper with the stock lower. Hopefully I only see 18-19psi with it? I'm probably going to through some 100 octane in it to be safe though....

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Got the single in on friday and installed...still putting in the KB BAP and my dynocologist is out of town...will definitely have numbers this week. A little worried now though because I went straight for the 3.25 upper with the stock lower. Hopefully I only see 18-19psi with it? I'm probably going to through some 100 octane in it to be safe though....

I'd really really really like to see what you get on pump gas. Do you have 91 or 93? I'm itching to buy a Whipple right now and can't decide if I need a 2.3 or a 2.9. I'd really like to see someone run a 2.9 on pump gas on a stock heads and cam motor and see if it's better/worse than the 2.3.

mach1033

Established Member

You might be hitting more like 20psi. I have the 4lb lower right now and I have to go back to the stock lower cause im sure I would be seeing 22lbs with the 3.5 upper. I am tempted to keep the 4lb lower and run 22psi with torco :idea:

mach1033

Established Member
I'd really really really like to see what you get on pump gas. Do you have 91 or 93? I'm itching to buy a Whipple right now and can't decide if I need a 2.3 or a 2.9. I'd really like to see someone run a 2.9 on pump gas on a stock heads and cam motor and see if it's better/worse than the 2.3.

that is what im doing a before and after from a 2.3 to a 2.9.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
If I see 20 psi it will get the 3.5 put back on. i have 93 where i am but I don't really want to have to mix all the time if I can avoid it. My car is 27K all stock longblock with manifolds and I think is indicative of what most cars will make with a 2.9 on pump.

mach1033

Established Member
If I see 20 psi it will get the 3.5 put back on. i have 93 where i am but I don't really want to have to mix all the time if I can avoid it. My car is 27K all stock longblock with manifolds and I think is indicative of what most cars will make with a 2.9 on pump.

what day are you getting the tune done? Cause depending on what boost you make will determine if I go back to a stock lower pulley or not.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
talking about snow tom night and all of tuesday. LX what fuel setup are you running? im planning on a 2.9 prob by may but still trying to figure out a fuel system.

timbo3282

Established Member
Just got off the phone with Mike @ Whipple Superchargers. I actually had sent them a form for the 2.3 but after a chat with Mike on the phone he told me they just got the 1st 2.9 whipple assembled and ready for me to purchase:banana:..Hell ya ill buy the 2.9.:rockon:..ill keep everyone updated with numbers and pics. wont be for awaile though ill be on the road for the next month..just wanted everyone to know its avaliable...the only thing that sucks i wont even see the supercharged till i get back home..ill have my wife send me a pic of the 2.9:)

Where in the world are you - Afghanistan, Iraq, Germany, Japan? Wherever you are congrats on the Whipple and God speed a safe return home - and thanks for your service. :beer:

(I'm assuming you're in the service because all of my Navy and Marine Corps buddies seem to have passed through Virginia Beach at least once during their careers - if I'm wrong sorry!)

I just ordered the Whipple / Ford Racing 2.3 with the W140ax and I can't wait to get my hands on it so I know what you are going through - at least to some degree.

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
Sorry to everyone for the long delay...im in military and i finally got back home to DYNO my cobra...first off here is the list of mods then the numbers...

stock motor
2.9 whipple
W/ stock 3.5 pulley produced 19lbs of boost (dynoed car with 3.5)
W/ 3.25 pulley produced 22.5lbs of boost (i was not expecting to see 22.5lbs w/ this pulley so i throw the 3.5 back on...ill be back in the shop w/ 3.25 when i pick up my race gas)
Billet flow 4 piece W/ idler set
80lbs injectors
GT dual fuel pumps
FPDM dual pump re-wire kit
Fore fuel hat
JLT RAI intake
SCT 2400 maf
billet flow throttle body
stock headers
Pypes violator X-pipe with out cat's
Pypes violator cat-back
EGR delet kit
SCT tuner
18 timing
11.8 a/f

630whp/595tq:burnout:

Last edited:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Sorry to everyone for the long delay...im in military and i finally got back home to DYNO my cobra...first off here is the list of mods then the numbers...and i did a conservative tune.

stock motor
2.9 whipple
W/ 3.25 pulley produced 22.5lbs of boost (i was expecting to see 22.5lbs w/ this pulley so i throw the 3.5 back on...ill be back in the shop w/ 3.25 when i pick up my race gas)
80lbs injectors
GT dual fuel pumps
Fore fuel hat
JLT RAI intake
SCT 2400 maf
stock headers
Pypes violator X-pipe with out cates
Pypes violator cat-back
EGR delet kit
SCT tuner

630whp/580tq

Welcome back.

Do you have any pics of the dyno chart by chance?
And what was the timing set at?

Congrats on the new numbers.

mach1033

Established Member
Sorry to everyone for the long delay...im in military and i finally got back home to DYNO my cobra...first off here is the list of mods then the numbers...and i did a conservative tune.

stock motor
2.9 whipple
W/ 3.25 pulley produced 22.5lbs of boost (i was not expecting to see 22.5lbs w/ this pulley so i throw the 3.5 back on...ill be back in the shop w/ 3.25 when i pick up my race gas)
80lbs injectors
GT dual fuel pumps
Fore fuel hat
JLT RAI intake
SCT 2400 maf
stock headers
Pypes violator cat-back
EGR delet kit
SCT tuner

630whp/580tq:burnout:

Please elaborate conservative tune. Timing A/F etc

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
UPDATE TO LIST

stock motor
2.9 whipple
stock lower pulley
80lbs injectors
GT dual fuel pumps
Fore fuel hat
JLT RAI intake
SCT 2400 maf
stock headers
Pypes violator cat-back
EGR delet kit
SCT tuner
18 timing
11.8 a/f

630whp/595tq

Last edited:

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Yea cause I bet with the blower you coil run 20 degrees of timing due to air charge temps, does this have the stock lower pulley as well?

Thanks
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread