got screwed on car sale by member! i need your help!

sonicblur03

Established Member
After reading this post and can say I know Evil and he is as honest and straight forward as they come. And Allgo I really don't know you so it would almost seem natural for me to take Evil's side. But when you have Bob staking his rep on it. One would have to assume you must be allright. Anyway you say your right, He says he's right, If I sold this car and had someone come back and said bad things I'd be pissed off as well. Even though this turned into a messed up ordeal, You guys can work this out and make this allright, Atleast that's what I would do. A better end to things. Then this post can be deleted by the moderators. Just my two cents

sonicblur03

Established Member
Jeremy this is Sachin, I came out with Kevin when he bought your car.

We drove the car 2300 miles in 37 hours and had zero problems! Jeremy is a stand up guy and told us everything about the car, so I will for sure support him as a seller any day and would gladly purchase from him.

I hope things work out for you in the end because you sold a perfect car to kevin and would expect good things too come back to you.

That car is as nice as they come. And he is a man of his word, If you guys wouldn't of picked it up right away, It would probably be in my garage right now.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I'm not trying to be a dick but its your fault, not the guys. Why in the world are you in a hurry when buying a car? Especially paying 26K for it? Did you even open the hood? I mean come on...

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
who the hell spends that much on a 03/04 that has been ass raped like a mofo on the track repeatedly

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
sorry, but when an owner says that the fuel is 5 months old and DONT STEP ON IT UNTIL YOU PUT FRESH FUEL IN IT, i would stay out of it... bad fuel is like bad milk.. it will ruin your day.. then, to call him and say its breaking up (probably detonating like crazy with the spoiled fuel)... im sorry, but you are to blame for most of this issue.

mtnrunner

Established Member
sorry, but when an owner says that the fuel is 5 months old and DONT STEP ON IT UNTIL YOU PUT FRESH FUEL IN IT, i would stay out of it... bad fuel is like bad milk.. it will ruin your day.. then, to call him and say its breaking up (probably detonating like crazy with the spoiled fuel)... im sorry, but you are to blame for most of this issue.

detonating would not cause any of the problems he is having, nor would bad fuel. bad fuel and detonation would break a piston, not blow any gaskets or lines.

TRBO VNM

detonating would not cause any of the problems he is having, nor would bad fuel. bad fuel and detonation would break a piston, not blow any gaskets or lines.

Yeah but some people read it and make assumptions about the guys character. If someone warns ou of something and you don't listen to the person and do your own thing, people will discredit what you say about things. I am no saying evil has character issues or anything, but people look at stuff like that and make assumptions.

It's an unfortunate situation and I hope it gets resolved.

wjk

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune Evil.. It does sound like both parties are somewhat at fault. You should have checked ALL the fluids prior to buying the car, PERIOD! Also, the story he told you about the car does seem awfully suspicious to say the least! At $26k (whatever it was) a used Terminator should run flawlessly and be topped off with every fluid. I would of thought you would do that since you have owned one in the past. A car with more then the usual mods should always be checked more thoroughly if not inspected by a mechanic. I recently purchased my 05 Stang and prior to forking over the cash we agreed to have it checked out by Ford.

Although I do believe you are primarily at fault I kind of have the feeling that Joe knew something was wrong.. Seems like a lot of excuses for why the car could not be used to it's full potential.

I won't bash Joe for this though, whether he is telling the truth or not there is no way to pinpoint when the problem first occurred.

To me it would seem fair if you guys split the cost of the repair. After all, $26k for a used Terminator seems like a LOT!

Good luck!

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
yeah but some people read it and make assumptions about the guys character. If someone warns ou of something and you don't listen to the person and do your own thing, people will discredit what you say about things. I am no saying evil has character issues or anything, but people look at stuff like that and make assumptions.

It's an unfortunate situation and i hope it gets resolved.

exactly...

TRBO VNM

They are worth whatever you are willing to pay. I have a buddy about ready to spend 30k on the right modded terminator. So for evil, 26k was worth it to him at the time.

bluestang41505

Established Member
Under the doctrine of caveat emptor, the buyer could not recover from the seller for defects on the property that rendered the property unfit for ordinary purposes. The only exception was if the seller actively concealed latent defects or otherwise made material misrepresentations amounting to fraud.
Before statutory law, the buyer had no warranty of the quality of goods. In many jurisdictions now, the law requires that goods must be of "merchantable quality". However, this implied warranty can be difficult to enforce and may not apply to all products. Hence, buyers are still advised to be cautious.

This is really only good for real property, but you could have a chance.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Man! I really hate to hear this. I know you did not buy this car on the spur of the moment from the PM's back and forth.

Hope you can get it resolved where everyone is happy.

99 BIG RED

Established Member
WOW that sux bro... I'm not sure what to think now. I was going to purchase one from here from a real enthusiast after i found the right one, but now im not sure what to think. I would hate to purchase a car that they claim if not having issues and then when i take it home its falling appart. Good luck with the car man.

monX

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune Evil.. It does sound like both parties are somewhat at fault. You should have checked ALL the fluids prior to buying the car, PERIOD! Also, the story he told you about the car does seem awfully suspicious to say the least! At $26k (whatever it was) a used Terminator should run flawlessly and be topped off with every fluid. I would of thought you would do that since you have owned one in the past. A car with more then the usual mods should always be checked more thoroughly if not inspected by a mechanic. I recently purchased my 05 Stang and prior to forking over the cash we agreed to have it checked out by Ford.

Although I do believe you are primarily at fault I kind of have the feeling that Joe knew something was wrong.. Seems like a lot of excuses for why the car could not be used to it's full potential.

I won't bash Joe for this though, whether he is telling the truth or not there is no way to pinpoint when the problem first occurred.

To me it would seem fair if you guys split the cost of the repair. After all, $26k for a used Terminator seems like a LOT!

Good luck!

+1

Best of luck with the car man, hope everything gets resolved soon!

Z28ENVY

Established Member
If someone is coming to buy your car wouldn't you want it to be in PERFECT condition!! It's not like it a $500 beater for winter. He gave you $26000 for it. I would think a responsible seller would have NEW oil in it as well as FRESH gas in it as well. You know very well whoever comes to look at it is going to drive the car and probably beat on it pretty good to make sure it runs like it should and like it will be for the rest of it life. Why not drive the car until all the old gas is out of it being you are saying it was "perfect" when it left? I'm sure a few days of driving it would have gotten all the old gas out. Why leave it in there and tell the buyer not to be hard on it until all the old gas is out and why not change to oil before the buyer comes?

Anyone who says the seller didn't know something was wrong with this car is crazy.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member

first off on the two times down to joes to look at the car, i did not drive the car... he did.

and he hammered on it... once seeing 21psi and the second time seeing 23psi!

i dont understand how the old gas is ok for joe to put the throttle down, but on a 1.8mile drive around the block it isn't ok for me to even drive it!

we unloaded the car off the trailor, took a left to a stop sign.. drove down two blocks, took the next right then pulled a u turn and came back! the car never saw above 4k rpm! the car was idle surging in 3rd gear at 35mph, and was cutting out anything above 3500rpm!

i never i repeat, never HAMMERED on it! the owner of the race shop it sits at is proof of this, because he was with me.

the fuel was cycled out and replaced with mixed race gas the next day.

i respect you bob, but please read these facts and understand the situation. i tried calling you for your advice, however i dont think your shop was open at the time, i did call hans and was able to talk to him about it.

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Buyer takes off and texts me 3 days later after I told him to not hammer on the car cause the fuel has been in car all winter needs to be drained texts me why is the car blowing some red rust out and breaking up in high rpms.. I say did you drain fuel he says no, I say well you need to do that before you beat it like I said..

once again this is not true! i never hammered on it, and never told you i did so either, i told you on a short drive the car was cutting out! i know this because i still have the text messages that were sent back and forth!

then 7 days from the purchase the buyer texts me about water in the oil, I say the car has set all winter there is proable moisture in the crankcase from setting in a cold garage common, then 4 days later after owning the car and beating it calls me and says car wont start,

once again this is a lie... milky gray oil should never come out of no matter how long a car sits, and i never beat on it because it never came off the hoist.

well it ran 100% perfect when it left I dont know what to tell you, car was sold as is no warrenty.

i did not come on here to hurt your reputation! you did that your self by selling this car!

and once again the on two rides in the car with no water in the res, and new plugs it would appear that everything was 100% perfect... mean while the truth couldn't be anything but!

it is my fault we didnt check the oil, or the res... but when you told me time and time again this car is perfect through texts, phone calls, and pm's. i trusted you.... but i got burned.

you have never been able to tell me how water was in the exhaust, so much so it has rusted the inside of the pipes, or in the oil...

not to mention if there was water in the res like you said there was... where did the water go? did it all evaporate while it was on the hoist? in a less then 2 mile drive it this would have happend there would be no way to continue to drive the car, and im pretty sure i would have noticed.

joe i dont know how you live with your self... tell the truth!

Last edited:

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
I guess I would have to say Buyer BEWARE!!!! Everybody is out to make a buck in my eyes, I trust nobody!!!! Always look at cars like the person is out to screw you, cause if you don't they will!!

I would have to say bad gas is a line of bull, there are plenty of additives that should of been added to the fuel. If you have tons of money tied up into a car you would want to protect it right? All my cars get it, even lawn and snow blowers get it when not used for extended time. I would of steered clear of this dude, it sounds like he can't take care of gas with a $5.00 fuel additive, which probably means he can't take care of a $26k terminator. Reading through these threads something doesn't add up, if I was the seller I would want to make this right and go away, but than again I use a fuel additive.

spincobra03

Established Member
I doubt the seller would knowingly let you take the car for a test drive if there was a major problem, like a cracked intercooler. If you passed on the car he could have potentially hurt his own motor and been stuck with non-working cobra. Unlikely that he would do that. Seems to me the car was fine when it left his driveway. This is just my opinion with the facts given from both sides. Good luck with the fix

Users who are viewing this thread