got screwed on car sale by member! i need your help!

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i am so ******* mad.

no way this happend after i bought the car! not when the car has not even been driven... unloaded the car went around the block and has been on the hoist ever since/

and when i came down bought the car, he was in a big hurry for us to get it loaded on the trailer. now i see why.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
you rode in the car twice, looked it over, and still bought it. this is your problem, not his. you could have easily walked away. your story doesn't make sense to me either. so did you do all that work before trying to start the car? set me straight...

took the car off the trailer... drove it for maybe two mins... parked it in the shop

been redoing the horrible wiring, fuel lines ect.

on my days off i've been driving down to work on the car with the owner of the shop

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
good luck getting it straightened out....bad situation.

futureSVT

Established Member
Yeah, sorry bout that Evil.

I assume it seemed okay when you took it for your 2 test drives. I've seen 4 ruptured intercoolers due to freezing temps with water in the intercooler system and eventually, the car won't run. Had any freezing nights up there in Wisconsin in the last 2 weeks???[/QUOTE]

+1 on this. I know this sucks but if its leaking that bad. I dont think it would of drove right when you pulled it into the shop.

Time to pull the blower off and check the IC

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Yeah, sorry bout that Evil.

I assume it seemed okay when you took it for your 2 test drives. I've seen 4 ruptured intercoolers due to freezing temps with water in the intercooler system and eventually, the car won't run. Had any freezing nights up there in Wisconsin in the last 2 weeks???

car seemed alright on two short drives.

rhe car has been parked inside a heated shop

i never check the res. before i bought it .. i trusted the guy! but he was hurring us to get the car loaded onto the trailer, and i should have known when he didn't even count the 26k cash... because he was in a hurry

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
once the supercharger is off... say we can even weld the ic, or put a new gasket on to fix whatever issue that might be...

how do i know if the engine is hurt or not. at this point almost smarter to just take the engine out! dont you think?

Orange Peel

Established Member
I feel your pain.....

Evil, Bro I don't know what recourse you have as it was probably an" as is sale", I would do like what Posi said and pull the blower and check the intercooler for damage, Then I would run oil and run some heavy grade so it sticks on the bearings more instead of washing down right away and everything should be ok as long as nothing Hydra locked, I had a 1970 stage1 have this happen and caused a $7000 motor to be built as the stock # matching was shot beyond repair. The problem with a car of this magnitude is who do you have check it as it is beyond a street car setup, this is why I stayed away from these type of cars when I looked as I can add the stuff and know what I got in her, but I know what you wanted and it hurts to see you find a carand it turn out to be a whats next one. Talk to Bob about when he tuned it and ask him if there was anything peculiar about the setup when he tuned it.

Black Sex

Established Member
No offence OP but when you see a car with mods like the ones on this car and see the a pic with the front tires in the air its clear the car has been drove hard. It sucks this happend and I hope you get in contact with the seller and get something resolved. My suggestion is to take the blower off, check the intercooler and see if its cracked and check the seals on the IC tubes. Hopefully its a simple fix. Take pictures and show your findings to the seller(not sure if it will help). If its something as simple as a $5 seal or a $300 IC maybe the seller will split the cost with you? (I think he has the cash :rollseyes) Its worth a shot. But my advice is to be nice about it. Being a jerk about things these days gets you nowhere.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Implied Warranty of Merchantability

"... a buyer can sue a seller for breaching the implied warranty by selling goods unfit for their ordinary purpose."

There is more to it but this guy who sold you this car man knew there was something seriously wrong with this car!!

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
OP try & call with someone elses phone. sometimes caller id is a biatch.. If you get a hold of him I'd see if he'd at least pony up the cash to buy the parts.

Killersvt: think that pic is of his torch red. i've seen him race that one at cedar falls raceway

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
i am not trying to be a jerk... but i am very angry. trying to have a cool head about everything!

but it is hard to not throw my hand through a wall

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Evil, the damaged intercoolers that I have seen where all able to be repaired. But, two of the fellas just ended up buying new ones for security. Cost maybe $600 or so from Tousley.

Generally, you should not need to pull the motor. Get the intercooler repaired (if that's the problem.....), then change the oil at least 3 times with idling sessions in between to get all that crap out of there. Jake has since run 9's with his motor after this happened and Sprayed Daily ran 10.30's with his.

Last edited:

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
i am not trying to be a jerk... but i am very angry. trying to have a cool head about everything!

but it is hard to not throw my hand through a wall

What do you want to get out of this OP? Do you want ur money back or do you want him to pay for the repairs needed?

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Evil, the damaged intercoolers that I have seen where all able to be repaired. But, two of the fellas just ended up buying new ones for security. Cost maybe $600 or so from Tousley.

Generally, you should not need to pull the motor. Get the intercooler repaired (if that's the problem.....), then change the oil at least 3 times with idling sessions in between to get all that crap out of there. Jake has since run 9's with his motor after this happened and Sprayed Daily ran 10.30's with his.

if the engine is hyro locked .... then what!

Users who are viewing this thread