got screwed on car sale by member! i need your help!

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
BTW, i have no involvement in this sale other then i have KNOWN JOE for probably 5-6 yrs.. Joe is NOT some kid, but rather a well established mid 40s entrepreneur who doesnt screw people over. I am a character witness and can tell you that I TRULY BELIEVE 1000% that he was not aware of any issues with the car. I spoke to him last night and he also told me that he was willing to work with Evil but is not going to after how the situation has been handled and Joe's name has been dragged through the mud.

Bottom line is that the car was sold AS IS, quite possibly may have a cracked intercooler core, and its a freaking easy fix.. get over it, replace/repair it, and go drive a mint low 10sec cobra. GEEZ

Get over it? He paid 28k for it jackass. May have a cracked intercooler? Who the hell pays 28k for a ****ing project car? NO ONE. Mint low 10 sec Cobra? Sounds far from mint to me. LOL! This is hilarious.

black 10th vert

Established Member
BTW, i have no involvement in this sale other then i have KNOWN JOE for probably 5-6 yrs.. Joe is NOT some kid, but rather a well established mid 40s entrepreneur who doesnt screw people over. I am a character witness and can tell you that I TRULY BELIEVE 1000% that he was not aware of any issues with the car. I spoke to him last night and he also told me that he was willing to work with Evil but is not going to after how the situation has been handled and Joe's name has been dragged through the mud.

Bottom line is that the car was sold AS IS, quite possibly may have a cracked intercooler core, and its a freaking easy fix.. get over it, replace/repair it, and go drive a mint low 10sec cobra. GEEZ

Well, it is one thing for a car to be sold "as is", which you don't often see when you are dropping 26 large, but generally speaking, the main issue lies in the fact that the cracked i/c wasn't disclosed. Then if the buyer still bought the car, he would at least know it needed to be fixed prior to driving the damn thing!:idea: Obviously the seller had to have known about it, and figured that the "as is" thing would cover his ass. This is just dirty business, is all. Between the cost of the i/c, and the r&r of the blower to replace it, that is minimally $1k, so I don't see how you can take a no big deal attitude about it. Maybe you are independently wealthy, or something, but for most of us, a grand is a very big deal!:bash:

ttk53

Established Member
This is in response to Joe/Algo...
I am the guy who came with Evil to look at the car the first time. We looked high and low; inside and out for over four hours. Evil asked about every question imaginable to become very familiar with the car. Evil wanted to do a leak down test on it, but Joe said there was no need because the car holds 23 psi of boost and has a good tune. As for checking the coolant on the car at the time, the thing was hot and under pressure and wasn't going to pull the caps off. Joe took Evil for a test ride that day and saw that the car made between 21-23 psi of boost. This was all done with the same $&^% gas that Joe told Evil not to "beat on it with". Keep in mind... this gas was in the car when he pulled 23 psi on the test drive. Now that he got the car home, which he trailored, drove two miles, parked it to change the oil, and finds it's a milkshake. Meanwhile, while up on the lift, red/rust was found to have blown out the exhaust and under the car by the dumps. He put the car down, tops off the coolant, and finds the resivoir is bone dry. The cracked IC and dry resivoir have absolutely nothing to do with the bad fuel. Good fuel...bad fuel...if we blame that, I would say the problem is then that Joe/Algo gets his tunes/tuning advise from Kurgan! That dude has blown up more stuff than a terrorist. Hey Kurgan, you a new guy?... cracked ic-- not bad fuel! Note to self... never send anyone to Kurgan. This has nothing to do with the fuel, and has everything to do with the car having a cracked ic. While the car will still run with the system bone dry, Joe had to have known this prior to the sale. And even if he didn't know, it doesn't excuse him from ignoring phone calls from Evil to make things right. If he would be more of a responsible/reliable seller, I know that they could work out some sort of agreement to make things right as Evil is a very resonable guy who is attempting to correct this wrong doing.
Personally, if I dropped 26 large and couldn't get a return phone call, I'd drive down there, pistol whip the &^%$ out of somebody and burn down their shop! Just my thought. But like I said, Evil is far more easy to work with when given the chance. BE A MAN, JOE. CALL HIM BACK! It didn't have to come to this! Bottom line- when Evil picked up this car and put it on the trailor, it had a cracked ic and a dry system!

way to be an internet tuff guy. Get to taking it apart, it could be as simple as a failed O-ring on the intercooler lines, and your here talking about pistol whipping people and burning down shops over a 20 cent part. way to be a hard as. There is a problem solve it and move on with life.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
VERY improbable that the intercooler was cracked when buyer took possession of the car....... The car will not run, or will run like crap at the best with water in the heads and short block.

TRBO VNM

VERY improbable that the intercooler was cracked when buyer took possession of the car....... The car will not run, or will run like crap at the best with water in the heads and short block.

Yup. Plenty of people have had cracked intercoolers and once the water gets past the intercooler and into the motor after draining tr res., they either run like crap or don't run at all.

I didn't look at the location everyone lived, but if the seller had water in there and was in a cold climate, it very well could have been frozen and cracked at some point when they were test driving it. Maybe the crack was small enough that the car still felt strong during the test drives slowly became worse and by the time the buyer got it home and ran it for the short time he did, it full drained the system.

The red/orange rust color could even be fuel additive or torco or something like that. I am not there so it could be actual rust.

The problem is, there are too many scenario's with this situation. With the info provided I don't think you can figure out exactly what happened.

Good luck with the fix. It sucks it happened, but unfortunately it does happen.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member

If there was no fluid to come out of the crack it would run fine...

IronTerp

If there was no fluid to come out of the crack it would run fine...
How does the leaking coolant go from the intercooler to the oil pan? It's sitting in the bottom of the lower intake manifold and has to come up and into the heads and out the intake and exhaust valves as they open. Thus, it literally seeps from the combustion chamber and past the pistons into the crank case. Or through the exhaust manifolds and out the tail pipes.

The spark plugs don't like being deluged with water and neither does the air/fuel ratio. I have seen this happen first hand on 4 occasions. The car will eventually not run as long as water is still circulating through the motor. It MAY run like crap for a short period of time until the combustion chamber is totally compromised.

There is a lot of heat production in the supercharger area and any ice around there will melt in a very short period of time......90-120 seconds maybe?

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
i couldnt have said it better myself!! If the intercooler was cracked PRIOR to the sale, the motor would not have run (well barely)... you cant compress water and it wont allow the cylinders to light.... it makes no sense whatsover... but, im just some stupid guy that knows nothing.. (except maybe some common sense and how to make a car go 7s on a BFG drag radial) LOL

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
i couldnt have said it better myself!! If the intercooler was cracked PRIOR to the sale, the motor would not have run (well barely)... you cant compress water and it wont allow the cylinders to light.... it makes no sense whatsover... but, im just some stupid guy that knows nothing.. (except maybe some common sense and how to make a car go 7s on a BFG drag radial) LOL

He said himself the intercooler reservoir was empty. There was no water to compress. Worst it could do is bleed some boost into the intercooler system. Just because you go 7's doesn't mean you're an honest person. :dw:

IronTerp

He said himself the intercooler reservoir was empty. There was no water to compress. Worst it could do is bleed some boost into the intercooler system. Just because you go 7's doesn't mean you're an honest person. :dw:
Wow Kaiser...... No disrespect, but where did the water go????

10sec5oh

Established Member
Hey D3racing, if Bob is such an idiot why does your boy Evil want him to tune his car?? Are you talking for yourself, or Evil?? Also Evil went on 2 drives in the car, he's said that himself. It started and ran fine then. 2 weeks later it doesn't. How is that Allgo's fault??? Maybe you guys are to blame?!!

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Wow Kaiser...... No disrespect, but where did the water go????

Good Question, because obviously it could only be drained from the intercooler...you'd never be able to remove the line from the pump with the pump on to drain it...You know, like anyone would want to do before they open it up to inspect a problem. Only maybe this time he decided he'd fix it later? Regardless of where the coolant is going I find it nearly impossible to assume that in the summer heat the buyer was able to crack the Intercooler in a few days LOL!!

10sec5oh

Established Member
^ haha, summer heat in April in Wisconsin.... Summer heat doesn't start until June in those parts. Not everybody has summer heat year round like you Texas guys....

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
^ haha, summer heat in April in Wisconsin.... Summer heat doesn't start until June in those parts. Not everybody has summer heat year round like you Texas guys....

Just looked up the highs and lows up there. You have a good point. That's crazy. 40's as a low in late April? That's just downright nuts. :lol1:

skate47e

Established Member
That sucks, but hopefully when you get all that stuff fixed it will run like a champ. Good luck

DarkMach1

Established Member
Didn't read the whole thread but IF the car was in this condition before you bought it and didn't catch it then it's all your fault. Fluids should be checked when purchasing a car, bottom line. Even though its still kinda f*cked up for the seller to have done such a thing.

IronTerp

Good Question, because obviously it could only be drained from the intercooler...you'd never be able to remove the line from the pump with the pump on to drain it...You know, like anyone would want to do before they open it up to inspect a problem. Only maybe this time he decided he'd fix it later? Regardless of where the coolant is going I find it nearly impossible to assume that in the summer heat the buyer was able to crack the Intercooler in a few days LOL!!
Sorry Kaiser, I was joking. :beer: See Post # 127.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
the car wouldn't start on the first try... then on the second try the exhaust puked out about a gallon+ of water! all of the water that was in the heat exchanger resevoir is now empty. the resevoir was so tight it was everything they could do to open it. there is a leak somewhere, acting like a vacum in the engine. water has to have sucked into wherever it is leaking from and filled though the exhaust valves, and out the exhaust!

something doesnt add up... if the resevoir was empty from the original OWNER, how did the car dump a gallon of water out the exhaust?? So, this water was in the motor just hanging out for 2 weeks and one day decided to dump out after the car had been driven a few times??

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
something doesnt add up... if the resevoir was empty from the original OWNER, how did the car dump a gallon of water out the exhaust?? So, this water was in the motor just hanging out for 2 weeks and one day decided to dump out after the car had been driven a few times??

LOL! :lol1:

I'm sure like any half intelligent person when he saw it was empty he filled it.

17838_105799439437815_100000232781807_141740_6711555_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread