Build date for 14's that might have 15 engine parts?

98Cobraman

Established Member
Kind of excited but I'm not convinced on the new pistons yet. Hopefully they are at least as strong as the 13 - 14s normal ones

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Well how about this, I just checked my car and it has the new style head on the passenger side and the old style on the driver side! Talk about a half breed... Code on VC is EG398AA.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Pistons are plenty strong in the 13-14. I'm just wanting confirmation of the new rods. FATHERFORD, any update?

98Cobraman

Established Member
FATHER FORD also said pistons were different as well so assuming the whole rotating assembly is out of a 15. I keep hearing that the pistons are no good but then you have hellion throwing down stupid numbers on them.

FATHERFORD

Established Member
FATHER FORD also said pistons were different as well so assuming the whole rotating assembly is out of a 15. I keep hearing that the pistons are no good but then you have hellion throwing down stupid numbers on them.

Stupid numbers on a dyno are easy, stupid numbers while have a extended load on the car is another.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I just started at the Ford dealer today. Hopefully I'll get some info this week.

stags

Established Member
Not to be a broken record but...

Can anyone tell me what the last batch number on 6/20 was? I am 7190- would be hella cool to have one of the last s197s built

Edit: with the 6/20 build date I have engine code 397

Last edited:

Jdm351

Established Member
Here is a pic of the back of my cylinder head with the casting numbers and date. I think the "e" and "4" next to Y means may, 2014. If I can find a pic of a 2015 I could match it up but the Google search came up fruitless.
image_zps8338e9f6.jpg
[/URL]d

Turbo5.0

Established Member
Just checked my late 2014 GT built on 06/11/14 and it also has the newer 2015 style head castings.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any 2014 built on 4/1/14 had 15 parts.

April Fools.

Turbo5.0

Established Member
I guess the only thing concrete now is that some late 14's did indeed have the 15' head castings as many have been able to verify. Where the cutoff date is, who knows. Mine is a 06/11/14 build and it does have the 15' castings.

The next question is what valves, rods and pistons were used in these engines with the newer castings. I have no plans in the near future to teardown, but I'm sure as time goes on cars built in the last month will be modded and pulled apart. It would be nice to keep this thread on the educational path and note build dates and then we can really narrow down when the 15' head casting switchover occurred.

I think some other member said their torque converter was different in their late 14' 5.0. Would be nice to verify what the difference was and what that build date was since the 15 got a different converter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread