A trip to AED

86merc

Established Member
65,000 max impeller speed for the p1sc1. Just about maxed out. That thing is gonna have some high iat's. Time to add some meth.

For years people have been spinning centrifugal blowers over their advertised max impeller speeds. Still making more power than staying below that speed. Not uncommon for Paxton, Vortech or Procharger blowers to make great power above those "max" speeds.

Correct, my intercepter is reading 9 but when we connected a boost gauge on the dyno it was around 12

People get hung up on boost numbers just like they do with dyno numbers. The boost number you see on a guage is just a measurement of back pressure from a signal in the intake. Different gauges may read slightly different. But that number doesn't mean much. It is all about air flow. How much air is getting into the cylinders.

Procharger rates the P-1sc-1 a 825 crank hp based on air flow. Could it flow more air and make more power than what they rate it at? I have no real world experience with them but I would not be surprised if they could. It maybe out of the blower's max efficiency range but it may still be able to make more power. Does any of this really matter as long as the OP is happy with the tune and results? Well I guess to some it does. haha

I like to deal in data and facts. The only fact is the dyno spit out a graph with a number on it. When I have been at the drag strip or at a street light I have never seen a dyno pull up next to me. So I am not worried what a car makes on the dyno. Get the power to the pavement and lets see how it tuns out. :rockon:

OP, congrats and I can't wait to see the results from the track outing. Hopefully every thing goes well.

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
People get hung up on boost numbers just like they do with dyno numbers. The boost number you see on a guage is just a measurement of back pressure from a signal in the intake. Different gauges may read slightly different. But that number doesn't mean much. It is all about air flow. How much air is getting into the cylinders.

Procharger rates the P-1sc-1 a 825 crank hp based on air flow. Could it flow more air and make more power than what they rate it at? I have no real world experience with them but I would not be surprised if they could. It maybe out of the blower's max efficiency range but it may still be able to make more power. Does any of this really matter as long as the OP is happy with the tune and results? Well I guess to some it does. haha

I like to deal in data and facts. The only fact is the dyno spit out a graph with a number on it. When I have been at the drag strip or at a street light I have never seen a dyno pull up next to me. So I am not worried what a car makes on the dyno. Get the power to the pavement and lets see how it tuns out. :rockon:

OP, congrats and I can't wait to see the results from the track outing. Hopefully every thing goes well.
:beer:

stang8psi

Established Member
For years people have been spinning centrifugal blowers over their advertised max impeller speeds. Still making more power than staying below that speed. Not uncommon for Paxton, Vortech or Procharger blowers to make great power above those "max" speeds.

wow I only stated the same thing about facts and truth.. And the et and or trap speed will really tell all.. But all the swingers here can only gravitate to making me sound like a basher, hater, etc etc... If bullshit was all you swingers here can read and go buy what cough cant say his name might get me banned says is sad and upsetting..

this forum has really turned for the worse... it has become the new mustangforums... and SID man I can't believe people pay you to be on the forum cause you are a bad business man, who if you want to talk in that matter publicly man shows the type of owner/admin you really are..

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
wow I only stated the same thing about facts and truth.. And the et and or trap speed will really tell all.. But all the swingers here can only gravitate to making me sound like a basher, hater, etc etc... If bullshit was all you swingers here can read and go buy what cough cant say his name might get me banned says is sad and upsetting..

this forum has really turned for the worse... it has become the new mustangforums... and SID man I can't believe people pay you to be on the forum cause you are a bad business man, who if you want to talk in that matter publicly man shows the type of owner/admin you really are..

I guess you'll never get it man. :shrug:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL you can tell he's worked up about it because he even changed his sig.. LOL.. He hates this site and owner why is he evern coming on lol!!

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

What 86merc posted and you posted were in completely different fashions. Merc's post was respectful, while you went on to call people obscene names outside of SD and vendor bash...

lxboy

Established Member
As the AED already stated this car is dangerous. Did the OP force you to tune it to those levels?

Am i the only one wondering why the shop would send this car on its marry way making way too much power for a factory block and not nearly enough fuel to support it?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

I think this guy lost his job or something and is sitting down drinking at home all day.

The PM he sent me was a little strange also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I think this guy lost his job or something and is sitting down drinking at home all day.

The PM he sent me was a little strange also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Well now I want to see the PM :poke:

As the AED already stated this car is dangerous. Did the OP force you to tune it to those levels?

Am i the only one wondering why the shop would send this car on its marry way making way too much power for a factory block and not nearly enough fuel to support it?

I think Shaun said he set the rev limiter lower so it doesn't dangerously lean out...

Deespeed99

Established Member
Wow some of you guys are clowns... He was posting results to share not presenting data for a trial or to a jury for judgment! If you werent there you cant sit here and make assumptions & say whats fake or not. I swear this forum is full of some ego driven keyboard warriors. Just because no one else hasnt done it or public posted it on here doesnt mean it cant be done. Its been documented over and over 700+ can be done on a stock pump w/bap, injector & stock block. Now how long has varied.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Please explain to me how I am "a bad business man." I believe you will notice that I handled this entire matter through private messages until you decided to make false accusations of potential administrative actions publicly. I feel that deserved a public response, especially considering that you followed that up with more rule violations. Also, there is no SVTP rule against offending an individual. We can not moderate posts in order to accommodate your particular sensitivities. As such, please stop reporting posts simply because you feel offended by them.

In my view I have cut you a lot of slack; other moderators on other sites may not have been as generous. I believe over a decade of growth and editorial success is more than adequate evidence that SVTP's leadership is quite capable in its administrative ability. In fact, I would hazard to say that the vast majority of SVTP members are more than satisfied with my stewardship of SVTP. Interestingly, there seems to be a strong correlation between those who feel that SVTP is properly managed; and those who understand the reasoning behind and application of SVTP's simple rules. See below:

What 86merc posted and you posted were in completely different fashions. Merc's post was respectful, while you went on to call people obscene names outside of SD and vendor bash...

Thank you.:beer:

86merc

Established Member
I have no stock in this thread what so ever. Not trying to bash anyone but commenting on your comments and others response to them. Both sides seem kind of worked up. That being said...

Life is way too short to get worked up about unimportant things you can't control. Especially when they have nothing to do with your life. Like the dyno numbers in this thread. Now your issue with SID, moderators, vendor or any other members on here is on you. If you feel it in unjust and worth fighting that is on you. Maybe be best to take those issues to PM's. But life might be more simple if you let things slide.

I do think a lot of 5.0 owners are new to modifying cars and racing. Which I think is awesome! But you can read posts and see they are inexperienced in many areas. It can get frustrating especially when wrong info or dangerous tips are given to someone. Other members have talked to me about this over the last year or so. And it is not just on SVTP. But remember back to when you had your first car. You didn't know everything and most likely learned things from other people. You can be a positive person on here, and other forums, by helping others learn. Teaching and being informative is different than being confrontational and aggressive. Which your posts in here are being interpreted as. Every one on this forum, including yourself, make this site what it is. Maybe you need to view things from a new point of view? If you are ok with how things have been going when you post then be ready to get the same kind of reaction that this thread got. No matter what you decide to do, you are the one who has to live with those decisions and their consequences. Just like anyone else. I am sure you have plenty to contribute here. I don't want to see you be banned or leave on your own. Maybe you can just dial it back from 10 to a reasonable 7. haha :beer:

I am also realistic in that I know not everyone is going to agree or get along. But we can show some self control. Or maybe not. lamo OK, Time to leave work and go enjoy driving home in my Mustang. :thumbsup:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Wow. I go to work for a few hours and this thread blows up. I guess I am not surprised. There always seems to be haters. Numbers make sense to me. Congratz op! Get some more fuel and some stickies!!

wormriddle

Established Member
LOL you can tell he's worked up about it because he even changed his sig.. LOL.. He hates this site and owner why is he evern coming on lol!!

Yeah he's madder'n a wet hen over this. I don't get it, who gives a shit of the car made those numbers. AED's rep speaks for itself, I almost drove 4 hours for them to tune my last turbo car until I found a damn good tuner in Fresno.

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
Wow some of you guys are clowns... He was posting results to share not presenting data for a trial or to a jury for judgment! If you werent there you cant sit here and make assumptions & say whats fake or not. I swear this forum is full of some ego driven keyboard warriors. Just because no one else hasnt done it or public posted it on here doesnt mean it cant be done. Its been documented over and over 700+ can be done on a stock pump w/bap, injector & stock block. Now how long has varied.
on gasoline

Users who are viewing this thread