What state to move to?

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Out of the states I have visited, I most liked Arizona, Colorado, and Indiana. Out of those 3, I would go to Arizona. Have a ton of family down there, and definitely looking to relocate after graduating school. I hate going home. The only reasons I go home nowadays are to drive my car, and see my parents (from the Northeast).

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Well, if that is your criteria... and you dont mind 4 seasons, try New Hampshire.
Whatever you do, dont come to Mass.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking at Florida when I retire.
**** the cold, the snow, the ice, and all the unnecessary work/stress that comes with it.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I’m in Pittsburgh and I hear ya about the weather. But as far as housing goes I think this area ( Western PA ) is about as inexpensive as you will find. When prices were high everywhere else we were low, and when the housing market crashed in other areas we stayed stable. Less reward for sure but less risk too.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Houston, TX.

We take carpetbaggers as long as you tolerate everyone else's ideas and opinions.

We don't care where you're from as long as you're friendly.

Plenty of jobs, even during layoffs. Close to beaches and race tracks as far as the eye can see. Hell, we own the car scene now.

Warm to mild winters. Warm and humid summers.

Politics are generally mixed. Nothing too far left or right, but a mix of the two.

And no matter where you go, you feel safe. Even in the 5th ward.

Plenty to do also.

Come on down.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Houston, TX.

We take carpetbaggers as long as you tolerate everyone else's ideas and opinions.

Plenty of jobs, even during layoffs. Close to beaches and race tracks as far as the eye can see. Hell, we own the car scene now.

Politics are generally mixed. Nothing too far left or right, but a mix of the two.

Plenty to do also.

Come on down.

LOL....we do enjoying repatriating carpetbagger money here....

RE: 5th ward...the dirty nickel is being gentrified along with the other wards...definitely safer....but honestly preferred it the way it was, not some bullshit 'community partners' throwing up hipster stores/businesses.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Houston, TX.

Plenty to do also.

Come on down.

I like it.

Recon

Established Member
Staying in KY. It’s my home, basically all my family lives in the state, and I’m afraid I’d miss the bluegrass too much if I left.
Another area that’s exploded over the years is the Nashville/Clarksville area.

Pick your poison.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Warm and humid summers.
Don't trick the man into coming down here on the premise of a "warm" summer lol. It's ****ing hot in the summer. Not just hot, ****ing hot.
Op, I can suggest outside Denver or Colorado Springs area. I totally fell for CO. I want to retire to there, get a jeep and just live in beautiful surroundings.
Edit: definitely check out Breckenridge

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
South eastern wa. Conservative. Ccl is just an application. Very dry. Hot summers. Almost no snow. Reasonable col comparable to income.

Either richland, or walla walla.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Born and raised in PA. I moved to Cary, NC which is the RTP area. It was very nice out there. Couple of hours to the beach or mountains.

Now I live in Nashville. I want to move outside Davidson County but plan on staying at my current employer for the foreseeable future.

Pay here in Middle Tennessee is good in comparison to cost of living. I looked at similar positions in Florida and it meant about $15-25k less a year in pay, housing is similar, insurance was about double.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread