the moment you realized your getting old

04MysticCobra

Established Member
This thread cracks me up. There is very little old here. When you don't remember your 50th birthday that is old. But then again my dad is 92 so I do have a way to go before the dirt nap.....lol.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You have to justify it to yourself somehow so you don't feel like a junkie haha.

I just remembered 2 others though. Magically at the age of 30 "swamp ass" becomes a very real and regular thing. And no matter how fashionably savvy you were in your 20s, buying clothing at Walmart and Target makes much more sense.

I too am more interested in cars that are more comfortable cruisers now. I really want a new Continental lol.

Don't talk fashion with Zemedici, anything that isn't sparkly is beneath him,lol.

I had a few modded t-birds that rode excellent, and after buying a fox that I daily'd for a couple years, after I ran back to luxury performance, lol. Car was fast but I would walk like an old fan for a few minutes, if I drove more than 30 minutes. I'll give up a little performance for a lot of comfort.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
You old ass farts.

Late 20's here and a kid I work with likes to talk cars/learn from me. Anyway, we are talking the other day and he reminds me when I was at the bars/plowing chicks (or dudes, who knows I was black out) he was in his first year of middle school.

The more strange fact that my best friend who used to party super hard has reverted to a state of "all I want to do is ride around on my lawn mower and drink beer. Can I come over and mow your grass?"

I feel the oldness seeping into my life. Ick

When I realized I have socks older than people who think they are old. ^^^^ :)

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I was on my honeymoon in Vegas 13 years ago, and went into McD's for my morning coffee, and the girl gave me a SR discount@ 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spectreman

Established Member
The first time I pulled out my back while lifting. I think I was 25 but felt like I was 50.

Then at every decade interval it just got 'harder.'. In my mid 30's my injuries started piling up- nerve damage, separated shoulders. Couldn't keep up w/my son, who was quite the athlete. Damn kid started outrunning me when he was 7!

Then in my 40's I really noticed it took me a lot longer to recover from hard physical training and labors. It's gotten far worse in my 50's. And oh yeah, acid reflux reared its head in my 40's too- a real lifetime of joy, that stuff. Then I tore my bicep tendon, then my shoulder imploded. Lots of fun.

And at 53 I became the proud recipient of 2 cardiac stents. Fellas, that's when you start feeling old(er.)

But here I am, closing in on 57 now, having just had another shoulder surgery, and still kicking. Screw it all- I ain't going down w/out a fight, even if I need to take a nap once in a while.
Lee

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Don't talk fashion with Zemedici, anything that isn't sparkly is beneath him,lol.

I had a few modded t-birds that rode excellent, and after buying a fox that I daily'd for a couple years, after I ran back to luxury performance, lol. Car was fast but I would walk like an old fan for a few minutes, if I drove more than 30 minutes. I'll give up a little performance for a lot of comfort.

Haha. Right after I typed that post I got a list of cars we were getting in and on it was the new Continental and I got excited. It gets here so I go to check it out and it was just an MKZ. Ruined my day...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When your kids leave the house, get married and don't come home very often (just like we did), you are old.

When you remember a time before the internet, you are old.

When you remember when TV's had three channels and two of them you didn't get good reception, you are old.

When you realize no one else in the room knows what vapor lock is and how to fix it, you are old and handy.

When you remember that the Russians used to be our enemies, before they were our friends and now they are the enemy again...., you are old.

If you remember nuclear attack drills in school, you are old.
OMG! I can directly relate to every one of those.

I'll add a few more.

When you are the only one in the room who knows that a phone party line isn't a 1st generation dating service, you're old.

.....and when you remember the battles trying to get the other party to hang up so that you could use the freaking phone, you're old.

When someone asks what your first job was, and you tell them it was getting up at 5:30AM to deliver the morning newspaper to 25+ homes in a 3-4 block area. (I was 12 years old. LOL.) . Yep, you're old.

When you remember watching Sky King, Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, Ozzie & Harriet, Lassie and the original Super Man on your parent's black and white television....you're old.

o_O

Equalbracket

Established Member
I used to look forward to every weekend, going out with friends getting drunk, not thinking about the potential consequences, now my buddies don't even bother asking me as they know the answer, i'd rather just relax at the house and play with my dogs.

And stopping any alcohol consumption and working out more for the sole reason to be better at my job, old/maturity.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
before reading thread: seeing that the thread title has the wrong "You're"

• I inherited my Dad's back and my Mom's feet, which isn't a good thing. Recovery times way down, pain way up
  • Can definitely relate to the day after partying
  • When I was doing a teaching internship and the teacher hosting me was younger than I was.
  • Running in to kids I've taught or tutored in middle and high school on campus
  • This happened a month or two ago: on campus eating lunch and I'm hearing songs that are older than the entire underclass

These are all things I can attribute to my knowing that I'm getting older, but I'm by no means as old as you farts are

einbinderf02lb.jpg

If you haven't seen it, check out Space Cowboys, not a bad flick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread