the moment you realized your getting old

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
When the barber I've been going to since way back in high school cut my ear hair for the first time
I'll see your ear hair and raise you an eyebrow.

Seriously. I get the crazy old man eyebrows and now have to keep them trimmed.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I recently turned 40 and honestly it hasn't really hit me yet. GF is 27 so I put more of a conscious effort in for sure to stay young. Turning 40 made me start to realize my mortality for sure though. More than any other point in my life.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I'll see your ear hair and raise you an eyebrow.

Seriously. I get the crazy old man eyebrows and now have to keep them trimmed.

I had to LOL about this one! My father-in-law is a great old guy with huge eyebrows. Big and bushy like caterpillars. I sometimes joke with him, point toward them and say "It's going to be a rough winter!"

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I don't know of a particular moment but I have gradually been noticing changes in the last 8 years or so. . Quit playing in a band and hanging out with my buddies. I hardly ever talk to them any more. My priorities used to be playing music and cars. Now it revolves around the kids. Definitely acting more like my dad all the time. Complete grumpy ass. The thought of going and dealing with all the traffic and people at the mall makes me cringe. In my teens and 20s I went to several concerts a year. In the last ten years I've been to one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This thread is great. It's encouraging to be reminded that we're not alone in in our golden years. LOL. Our thoughts on aging are different when we're young and our bodies feel somewhat invincible. Today, I'm much more aware that our bodies do change as we age. I'm no longer feeling "invincible", but still find enjoyment in my golden years.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
You're getting old when....

.... the purpose of going to the gym evolves into keeping weight off and vitals in check, not much of getting 'ripped to shreds'.

.... transitioning from standing to sitting or sitting to standing results in an uncontrollable and audible exasperation... *Ahh, *Whew.

.... you plant your left hand on the rocker sill of your 03/04 Cobra (as leverage) as you rotate out of the seat to exit the car. I know you guys know what I am talking about.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Im laid up on the couch after having 3 hernias repaired. You want to talk about feeling old... I'm not even quite 30 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread