the moment you realized your getting old

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
At 31 my body hurts like I'm 50 but I look like I'm in my early 20s. I am the living incarnation of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

jaxbusa

Established Member
It happened to me a few years ago. I learned that an old friend that I grew up with had a daughter that graduated high school.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coiled03

Established Member
Not sure there was any singular moment, rather a long list of them.

1) When recovering from a bender started taking days instead of hours.
2) When recovering from playing any sport started taking multiple days.
3) When I realized I'll be nearly 60 before my daughter graduates from high school.
4) When the though of going out became less appealing than the thought of staying in.
5) And on, and on.....

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Met a chick at a bar about 7 or 8 years ago when I was single, everything was going great until I found out she was born the year I graduated high school...

Zemedici

Established Member
1) When recovering from a bender started taking days instead of hours.

See this has always happened to me - another reason I seldom drink (aside from Hopps ****s up my stomach something serious, and liquor ****s it up even worse)

CV355

_
Established Member
Also, when you crap yourself and don't care.

There used to be a time where I'd have to excuse myself from a meeting, but nowadays? Meh.

Zemedici

Established Member
Also, when you crap yourself and don't care.

There used to be a time where I'd have to excuse myself from a meeting, but nowadays? Meh.

I'm sorry - are you saying you shit yourself regularly? what are you 110 years old? hahahahaha :D

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
1) Filling out an online form one time and had to scroll through the pages to get to my birth year. :'(
2) Spent the day working in the yard. Later that evening, after sitting for a while, I stood up to go to the bathroom, and it felt like I tore every muscle in my body. :'(

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
You old ass farts.

Late 20's here and a kid I work with likes to talk cars/learn from me. Anyway, we are talking the other day and he reminds me when I was at the bars/plowing chicks (or dudes, who knows I was black out) he was in his first year of middle school.

The more strange fact that my best friend who used to party super hard has reverted to a state of "all I want to do is ride around on my lawn mower and drink beer. Can I come over and mow your grass?"

I feel the oldness seeping into my life. Ick

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
When I was 16 I had a couple 12" Kickers rocking out in the back of my Dodge Shadow. Loud was cool...
A few days ago my neighbor's kid put some subs in his car, and all I could think was "you little sob, my kids are in bed"!!

Rct851

Established Member
1. The girls at Starbucks/ grocery store call me "sir"

2. Hangovers linger for days

3. A crimson colored vette
seems like an awesome choice

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My first kick in the nuts is when I first heard a song that came out when I was in high school being played on the classic rock station. Ouch.

zeus201

Established Member
At 31 my body hurts like I'm 50 but I look like I'm in my early 20s. I am the living incarnation of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I'm with you. I just turned 34 but for the past couple of years I feel like my body is slowing degrading. Injuries take a lifetime to heal which the is most frustrating part. I cannot even remember the last time I woke up and didn't think this aches or that lol.

Maybe the constant toll of playing sports year round and working out have started to add up.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
At a strip club in Dearborn a few years back while in town for the Woodward dream cruise, getting a lap dance from this cute little blonde, and she tells me she just turned 20, and all I could think of was I was old enough to be her father , and my step daughter had just turned 21. Kind of ruined the moment and left shortly thereafter.

Users who are viewing this thread