the moment you realized your getting old

Machdup1

Established Member
When your kids leave the house, get married and don't come home very often (just like we did), you are old.

When you remember a time before the internet, you are old.

When you remember when TV's had three channels and two of them you didn't get good reception, you are old.

When you realize no one else in the room knows what vapor lock is and how to fix it, you are old and handy.

When you remember that the Russians used to be our enemies, before they were our friends and now they are the enemy again...., you are old.

If you remember nuclear attack drills in school, you are old.

Zemedici

Established Member
At a strip club in Dearborn a few years back while in town for the Woodward dream cruise, getting a lap dance from this cute little blonde, and she tells me she just turned 20, and all I could think of was I was old enough to be her father , and my step daughter had just turned 21. Kind of ruined the moment and left shortly thereafter.

damn buzzkill....

_Snake_

Established Member
Things that made me realize I'm old:

1. Years ago when I was single, a girl I was hitting on received a call while we were chatting and referred to me as "this nice man"

2. I had an epiphany watching the NFL....most of the athletes were considerably younger than me. Now they all are.

3. I finally understood what it meant to sleep wrong. Prior to that morning I was like, "sleep wrong?! How the eff do you SLEEP wrong?!"

4. I considered fuel economy when buying a new daily driver

5. I reprioritized my finances and put retirement as #1 on the list

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I still feel young but I'm starting to wonder where the **** these random bruises are coming from.

I've never really had bruises in my life, and now I'm getting them from being alive?

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Had my moment about s year ago when I ran into one of the early teen girls from my daughters dance studio and her mother in the grocery store and the teenager looks at me and says "Hi Mr. Chris".

That last 10 years I hadn't previously acknowledged having existed hit me like a ton of bricks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm with you. I just turned 34 but for the past couple of years I feel like my body is slowing degrading. Injuries take a lifetime to heal which the is most frustrating part. I cannot even remember the last time I woke up and didn't think this aches or that lol.

Maybe the constant toll of playing sports year round and working out have started to add up.

I now fully understand how and why you find out about rather normal, every day people being addicted to painkillers lol. The few times I have taken them for when my neck went out it was like being a kid again. No pain, no aches, nothing.

Just remember.....it's not the years. It's the miles.

In the infantry they say every year there is equivalent to 10 years on your life. By that calculation my body 81; pretty close haha.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Things that made me realize I'm old:

1. Years ago when I was single, a girl I was hitting on received a call while we were chatting and referred to me as "this nice man"

2. I had an epiphany watching the NFL....most of the athletes were considerably younger than me. Now they all are.

3. I finally understood what it meant to sleep wrong. Prior to that morning I was like, "sleep wrong?! How the eff do you SLEEP wrong?!"

4. I considered fuel economy when buying a new daily driver

5. I reprioritized my finances and put retirement as #1 on the list

game over hahaha

Hey when you drive 450-500 miles a week just for work, that takes a bite out of the budget. Can't do that in an 03 cobra doing 9 mpg unless you're Treynor.

Zemedici

Established Member
Hey when you drive 450-500 miles a week just for work, that takes a bite out of the budget. Can't do that in an 03 cobra doing 9 mpg unless you're Treynor.

That's why you dont drive that much - my commute one way is <10 miles, Tanyas is like almost 40. hahahaha

I now fully understand how and why you find out about rather normal, every day people being addicted to painkillers lol. The few times I have taken them for when my neck went out it was like being a kid again. No pain, no aches, nothing.

i mean......not 'addicted' unless you're railing em....right? :D

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
At a strip club in Dearborn a few years back while in town for the Woodward dream cruise, getting a lap dance from this cute little blonde, and she tells me she just turned 20, and all I could think of was I was old enough to be her father , and my step daughter had just turned 21. Kind of ruined the moment and left shortly thereafter.
Buzz kill all the way

Rare40th

Established Member
When I woke up on my 25th birthday just over a week ago and grabbed my back while grunting.

Lol all jokes aside (kind of) bought a wrx 6 months ago and after my birthday I'm considering selling the mustang and subaru for something with an automatic that's luxurious..... F*** I'm gettin' too old for this job

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
i mean......not 'addicted' unless you're railing em....right? :D

You have to justify it to yourself somehow so you don't feel like a junkie haha.

I just remembered 2 others though. Magically at the age of 30 "swamp ass" becomes a very real and regular thing. And no matter how fashionably savvy you were in your 20s, buying clothing at Walmart and Target makes much more sense.

I too am more interested in cars that are more comfortable cruisers now. I really want a new Continental lol.

Users who are viewing this thread