The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I wouldn’t call that “ not very bad” cold spell as most outlets were saying to was unheard of but then again I’m in California so I’m ready not qualified to talk about bad weather lol

It was a cold snap, not even close to polar vortex cold.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
EV's screw used car managers dry hard and long, again.

• $69,012 for a brand-new Fisker Ocean in January 2024.
  • Fisker has since drastically lowered the price of the Ocean, and the company is experiencing mega financial woes.
IMG_3329_717.jpg
I was reading up on Fisker's financial woes on Saturday. They lost a partnership with another automaker they were pursuing.

Fat Boss

Established Member
They are counting on the affordable R2 and R3 , R3x models to get them out of the negative, time will tell but I think it’s a move they should’ve made much earlier.

Those products have been in the pipeline long enough they can't realistically "pull the plug" on them, IMO. Low cost EV's likely have even less margin than the higher cost ones.

Not all the makers are going to survive. Rivian was not the latest to market, but they are a long way from being first. They won't make it.

kaz109

Established Member
Those products have been in the pipeline long enough they can't realistically "pull the plug" on them, IMO. Low cost EV's likely have even less margin than the higher cost ones.

Not all the makers are going to survive. Rivian was not the latest to market, but they are a long way from being first. They won't make it.
Think Lucid will make it?

Fat Boss

Established Member
Think Lucid will make it?

No. Their stock looks as bad as Rivian. They apparently have a deal with the Saudis to sell them 100k cars over 10 years, but that's not really enough volume to make ends meet in that business, IMO. They sold 6k cars last year.

They might get bought out for pennies on the dollar by a bigger car company though.

kaz109

Established Member
No. Their stock looks as bad as Rivian. They apparently have a deal with the Saudis to sell them 100k cars over 10 years, but that's not really enough volume to make ends meet in that business, IMO. They sold 6k cars last year.

They might get bought out for pennies on the dollar by a bigger car company though.
That was an honest question by the way, I genuinely don’t keep up with that kind of stuff as it doesn’t affect my personal life one way or the other.

I personally don’t think we’re there yet to have multi EV car manufacturers, the tech isn’t there yet imo but I do like having the option for one.

Out of all I have sat in and driven Lucid was the most luxurious and well made ( I say that like I have been in so many lol) so because of that, I feel like they have a chance of making it, I also felt Rivian was going to be the cheaper, alternative and place Telsa in the budget category ( as well all know the build quality)

I still have yet to own one as my CyberBeast is still undecided and my rivian preorder might not being ready till 2026 ( if they last ) and I backed out of buying a extended range lightnin but I am still open to the idea because I like the convenience of not having to go to shithole gas station ( were a lot of crime is happening) and I have other vehicles if I need to travel more than 300mi in one trip

Fat Boss

Established Member
I've never sat in a Lucid, but they are clearly aiming for a premium seat at the table. I just don't think that's enough to survive in an era with such high product development and manufacturing costs that need to scale to a much bigger number to be effective.

It's nice to not frequent the gas station. Since my mom had her first stroke about 2 months ago, I've been going back and forth to their house every day. It's about 10 miles and no gas station between us. I did drive the Powerstroke with the 6 speed manual today just to charge the batteries. I love that truck, have had it over 25 years now.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Close LOL, no guarantee's about parts supplies!

Desperate Fisker Drops Ocean Base Price to $24,999 in an Attempt to Survive​

The Ocean is now something it was never intended to be: The cheapest EV in America.​

Fisker Ocean

It's not just the base model getting a tempting price tag. Fisker cut the range-topping Ocean Extreme nearly in half, dropping $24,000 from the sticker. It now starts at $37,499 (down from $61,499) and that gets you a dual-motor SUV with 564 horsepower in Boost Mode and a 0-60 mph time under 4 seconds.

Nah… gotta be 20k out the door that means taxes tags etc.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Users who are viewing this thread