The HARD TRUTH about EVs

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, what a huge :poop:! Definitely way too much of a hassle to deal with the cautions and potential issues. When the day comes when the majority of people are driving EVs, you just know there will be huge sighs of "I miss my ICE vehicle". Recalls and issues I fear are going to be commonplace.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

If ya zoom in… lol.

IMG_5973.jpeg
IMG_5974.jpeg

Besides, last place I’d park that firebomb with potential “water issues” is inside my garage.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Used car managers get whipped by Elon again. I've lost track of the price cuts on new, but here are some more.

Elon Musk's Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) has cut prices in the U.S. by $2K across its Model Y, S and X cars, just over two weeks after the electric vehicle giant significantly missed expectations on Q1 deliveries.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fox News posted this news report today. It's a fairly open and honest review of Tesla products and a general view of where EVs are today. Decent read.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

they keep trying to make a frontload garbage truck that's battery powered. The only people that have done it had to add extra axles (they're tri axle to start with) to be legal on weight and still have greatly reduced hauling capacity due to max allowable weight.

So now the truck would cost more than double that of an ICE truck, the operating expenses will be higher with all the extra tires, wheel hubs, brakes etc... and you need more trucks to pick up the same amount of materials due to reduced run time and legal weight capacity.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
they keep trying to make a frontload garbage truck that's battery powered. The only people that have done it had to add extra axles (they're tri axle to start with) to be legal on weight and still have greatly reduced hauling capacity due to max allowable weight.

So now the truck would cost more than double that of an ICE truck, the operating expenses will be higher with all the extra tires, wheel hubs, brakes etc... and you need more trucks to pick up the same amount of materials due to reduced run time and legal weight capacity.
Shhhh, there be no logic here

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
$250 an hour to work on EV's.

Bryan Dean Wright, former CIA operations officer and host of the podcast "The Wright Report," told Fox News Digital that American society has shifted to EVs largely because some people are "just so hellbent on making sure that this transition happens, even if that means wrecking the economy, in terms of electricity, its reliability, the grid, getting brownouts or blackouts or economic wreckage by people who otherwise can't afford these new vehicles."

"That cost is being shouldered by buyers and car companies by raising the price of gas-powered vehicles, [which] is basically just a direct wealth transfer, just paying for EV subsidies and that will grow over time, if we continue to keep this regime in place," Brent Bennett, a policy director for Life:powered, an initiative of the Texas Public Policy Foundation, told Fox News Digital.

California, Wright said, is likely a "really sad test case" for what the rest of the country could face, where he said it currently costs about $250 an hour to service an EV. The state has made a strong push for EVs under Gov. Gavin Newsom, and Californians will by 2035 not be allowed to buy new gas-powered cars and light trucks.

OX1

Established Member
And the biggest reason I don't want any EV. At least on my Fusion Sport, I can pull modem (all connections/power at least), ditch stock stereo system (if it tracks you in any way, say through Sirius antenna), get UN-connected stand alone GPS, and "bag" my phone.

EV's, I doubt you can fully disconnect. Who cares how fast EV's are, if your insurance is going to double, when you use it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
And the biggest reason I don't want any EV. At least on my Fusion Sport, I can pull modem (all connections/power at least), ditch stock stereo system (if it tracks you in any way, say through Sirius antenna), get UN-connected stand alone GPS, and "bag" my phone.

EV's, I doubt you can fully disconnect. Who cares how fast EV's are, if your insurance is going to double, when you use it.

Before you use it, after you use it o_O

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Hertz (HTZ) disclosed adjusted corporate EBITDA was -$567M in the quarter, driven lower mainly by a $588M increase in vehicle depreciation compared to a year ago, of which $195M related to EVs held for sale. Back in 2021, Hertz (HTZ) made a big bet on EVs, with an order for 100K Tesla (TSLA) vehicles.

CEO update: "Fleet and direct operating costs weighed on this quarter's performance... We're tackling both issues - getting to the right supply of vehicles at an acceptable capital cost while at the same time driving productivity up and operating costs down."

Users who are viewing this thread