Terminators are old and worthless compared to a new 5.0

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
far from worthless, and the new 5.0 is breathing new life into Cobra owners getting out and starting to mod again. It's the first mustang in almost 10 years that's got the potential that the cobras have had for the last decade.

I wouldn't go there.. the GT500's have the same potential.. and the 2013 GT500 is, power wise incredible..

sxecobra

Established Member
I love the new 5.0's and all, they're fantastic cars. However, I will never be able to separate from the sn95 body style. Most people don't have a clue as to what it is...it seems that I get alot of beautys at gas stations and whatnot that think the car is like a 2011 :shrug: lol owell, I love these cars regardless of the lack of attention or not. It is cool though when somebody does stop to appreciate them :beer:

the other day I was at 7 11... n a guy asked what yr,my mustang was, I said 2003... he raised his eyebrows in shock.. n said ”really?!”

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
One of my last outings, I was stopped at a light and a older gentlemen (about 75-80) pulls up beside me and proceeds to try and get me to roll my window down. I think to myself, great he's probably going to complain about how ridiculously loud my car is ( mac longtubes, o/x, to stingers) . Instead he puts his thumb up in the air and says Beautiful car man, that thing sounds mean!!!
Needless to say, he made my day.... Grinning from ear to ear.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I was new to performance cars in 11. Always loved the Shelby nameplate so I purchased a 2011. Love everything about it. Started getting involved in a local mustang club events. One of the first events three guys roll up in terminators.

I honestly never knew anything about them. They sounded raw and sinister. Looked great especially from the rear. We then went out on a cruise and these guys could just rip the tires loose at 50mph and just walk away. I was blown away at the performance.

So a month ago I added an 04 terminator to join my modified 11gt500.

It is for my wife to drive but obviously I can drive it as well.

Now the hardest decision is choosing which one. Raw and fast or Refined and fast. Can't go wrong either way.

So I purchased mine after I had my new Shelby. Not outdated in my eyes.

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
At least (1) compliment a day........love it!!!
Just yesterday, had some out of towners snapping pics as we're rolling down the highway, then giving a thumbs up.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
I've been driving mine a lot as of late and have been getting a ton of complements on it. Feels nice when some random person flags you down to just say what a bad ass car it is.

Sent from earth to space and back using Tapatalk.

JCH03SVT

Established Member
I have driven a new 5.0, owned a 2008 GT, and nothing compares to my Cobra. I wouldn't go back to a newer mustang for anything. I think the Terminator is a good as it gets. It feels like a pure machine when you get on it, and not a fast luxury car built for comfort. I have had tons of complements on mine with many people thinking it was a new one lol

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
man i miss my car. its been down sense may 25 2011. i hope the motor gets fixed right this time. its been in and out of the car 3 times in the past 2 months.

wish i had mine to drive

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I got a compliment on my car the other day at the rental car place after my wife killed the Daily.. Two guys were looking at my car for seriously 5+ mins lol. I came out side to see if they wanted to see the inside. They were very nice and very cool. For as little as I drive my car I always seem to get stared at or looked at lol..

I even had a cop on the phone do a complete turn around when I was driving lol!! Hell and my car is 6yrs older than your guys cars!!

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
^shut up chris your car is sick.

Just the other day i went to get my hair cut and i park way in the back of the parking lot but i can still see it. Watched a guy walking out staring at my car and walked a round about way just to get to his Tahoe. Then i see the tahoe driving by my cobra at about one mph and he stops infront of my car to look at it and then goes at a slow roll to finally leave.

I love the new 5.0s and the motor has potential but these Terminators are always going ot have a special place no matter what and i hope that they keep holding their value.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
On my way to work a few weeks back I was at a stoplight with the top down waiting to turn. The vehicle to my right crept forward and the drivers window lowered. The driver said I've always been a Chevy guy but that's the most beautiful car I've ever seen. Very well done. I was half asleep but said thank you and the light changed and I went on my way.
I've never had a vehicle that draws so much attention and compliments.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I kind of like the new 5.0s, and if I needed another car instead of a truck, I would seriously consider having one (in addition to the Cobra, of course). Living in New England sucks though because of the "off season", so I'd rather have a truck/SUV for a DD. I was at a car cruise a couple of weeks back and had a brand new 5.0 vert park right next to me. I was blown away at how small my car looked in comparison! Those things are tanks! Like I said, I kind of like the looks, but man, I never realized how freakin big those things are, especially when you park a brand new, stock height one next to my lowered Cobra!

IA Shelby

Established Member
I kind of like the new 5.0s, and if I needed another car instead of a truck, I would seriously consider having one (in addition to the Cobra, of course). Living in New England sucks though because of the "off season", so I'd rather have a truck/SUV for a DD. I was at a car cruise a couple of weeks back and had a brand new 5.0 vert park right next to me. I was blown away at how small my car looked in comparison! Those things are tanks! Like I said, I kind of like the looks, but man, I never realized how freakin big those things are, especially when you park a brand new, stock height one next to my lowered Cobra!

I agree with you but what is surprising is those "tanks" weigh about the same as the terminators.

Rambro

Established Member
I like the new 5.0, they are definitely fast but I just haven't fallen in love with the looks of them, esp the rear bumper. The thing that rubs me wrong about the 5.0 vs terminator thing is that most 5.0 guys want to make the cobra sound like its a piece of junk chassis that will just fall apart in a short amount of time, junk interior and no up to date technology. Now some of that is true but look at all these fast fox mustangs and grand nationals that still hold their own on the street/ strip with dated chassis, technology.

Mustang289

Established Member
I love my terminator and always get a thumbs up when I'm driving. No matter what anyone says our cars started the blown motors off the show room. Ford and the SVT team did it right in 2003-2004.

The new 5.0s and GT500s are great cars in the same tradition as our terminators.

CanuckSnake

Established Member
Always a nice feeling hey? Don't get that much up here. Too many doushebag riggers with their jacked up trucks that have no clue what they are looking at haha
But for the most part, our cars still get more looks than the new stangs.
Your car looks wicked BTW!

HAHA, yup. Nobody gives a crap around here. I can honestly say I can't remember the last time someone has said anything about the car outside a car show.

rickstoy

Established Member
Love my 03 10th. Turns heads every time I drive it. But I also Love any Mustang, some more than others. Call me crazy....

Users who are viewing this thread