Terminators are old and worthless compared to a new 5.0

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
At least that's what i've been reading lately on this forum. Well, today i drove the old, tired cobra around on a sunny day. And TWICE, my old technology, substandard cobra garnered some attention. I left petsmart walking to my car(parked in the back, taking up two spaces-no dings) and found a nice guy and his son taking pictures of my cobra. The boy tells me what a pretty car i have and how badly his dad wants one just like it. The dad tells me how nice my car is, and thanks me for letting him take a picture of it. I was blown away. I said "no, thank you for the compliments". Next, my son and i go down the road to our Walmart, about 15 miles from petsmart. Leaving walmart, i see a guy pulled up by my car in his truck, snapping pics of my car. As i get closer, he smiles and says, "badass car man, love those cobras." I was blown away, told him thanks and he drove off. Hell, after that, i backed up and snapped this pic of my car with my phone. Lol, i figured, why the hell not. Not bad for and old school, early technology hot rod, if i do say so myself.
IMAG0532.gif

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Always a nice feeling hey? Don't get that much up here. Too many doushebag riggers with their jacked up trucks that have no clue what they are looking at haha
But for the most part, our cars still get more looks than the new stangs.
Your car looks wicked BTW!

Last edited:

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I love those Cobras. I would take one over a 5.0. Over a boss would be a tough choice tho.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
At least that's what i've been reading lately on this forum. Well, today i drove the old, tired cobra around on a sunny day. And TWICE, my old technology, substandard cobra garnered some attention. I left petsmart walking to my car(parked in the back, taking up two spaces-no dings) and found a nice guy and his son taking pictures of my cobra. The boy tells me what a pretty car i have and how badly his dad wants one just like it. The dad tells me how nice my car is, and thanks me for letting him take a picture of it. I was blown away. I said "no, thank you for the compliments". Next, my son and i go down the road to our Walmart, about 15 miles from petsmart. Leaving walmart, i see a guy pulled up by my car in his truck, snapping pics of my car. As i get closer, he smiles and says, "badass car man, love those cobras." I was blown away, told him thanks and he drove off. Hell, after that, i backed up and snapped this pic of my car with my phone. Lol, i figured, why the hell not. Not bad for and old school, early technology hot rod, if i do say so myself.
IMAG0532.gif

Only twice? My old dinosaur 5.0 gets stares wherever I go

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

19svt97

Established Member
I just dropped 24k on a 2003 with 33000 miles over a 2011 gt. I drove both and let me tell you there is just something special about a terminator. Love it...

LETHAL03COBRA

Established Member
far from worthless, and the new 5.0 is breathing new life into Cobra owners getting out and starting to mod again. It's the first mustang in almost 10 years that's got the potential that the cobras have had for the last decade.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I love the new 5.0's and all, they're fantastic cars. However, I will never be able to separate from the sn95 body style. Most people don't have a clue as to what it is...it seems that I get alot of beautys at gas stations and whatnot that think the car is like a 2011 :shrug: lol owell, I love these cars regardless of the lack of attention or not. It is cool though when somebody does stop to appreciate them :beer:

canadianbullitt

Established Member
I love the new 5.0's and all, they're fantastic cars. However, I will never be able to separate from the sn95 body style. Most people don't have a clue as to what it is...it seems that I get alot of beautys at gas stations and whatnot that think the car is like a 2011 :shrug: lol owell, I love these cars regardless of the lack of attention or not. It is cool though when somebody does stop to appreciate them :beer:

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a Terminator its a new edge, not an sn95. :beer:

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Just yesterday I was leaving sacramento.river after a days fun, just idling behind traffic. To my left i hear a kid say... Mom look at that beautiful car... Mom replies: thats a Mustang... oh no thats a COBRA!
:D and she stops me to ask bout the car and take pictures with it.. Her husband tells me sorry for the hold up.. :thumbup:

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a Terminator its a new edge, not an sn95. :beer:

Yes the new edge term specifies the 99-04 body, however SN95 is the general body code from 94-04. You will find SN95 markings on various tags, stickers, labels etc throughout our cars. :beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Psshhh dont put me in the same category as those slow as 5.0s. :) lol

Not everyone appreciates our cars like us so its nice to have someone say something every now and then.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I still think these cobras are and will remain iconic in the car world. Yes the 5.0 are wonderful untill you pull up next to one with your cobra and you see people start gathering around. It's just an attractive vehicle that carries some kind of enigma just like a Muhammad Ali, an Al Capone, etc... Just bad ass with appeal.

va boy

Established Member
Agree with all of the above. I am obviously biased, but, there is still a lot of buzz about a decade old car, thankful to have one of my own and enjoy it everyday!

Last edited:

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Just yesterday I was leaving sacramento.river after a days fun, just idling behind traffic. To my left i hear a kid say... Mom look at that beautiful car... Mom replies: thats a Mustang... oh no thats a COBRA!
:D and she stops me to ask bout the car and take pictures with it.. Her husband tells me sorry for the hold up.. :thumbup:

Did you smang it?:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread