Terminators are old and worthless compared to a new 5.0

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
My shit drops jaws at every light. I have the 5.0 fever bad right now, but did a few things today to my Cobra to change it up and make me fall in love with it again. IMO the Terminator left a big enough impression that it will never be a thing of the past.

swt99svt

Established Member
Maybe I'm a lush to compliments but I've grown accustomed to kind words that if I go out and don't get a waive, nod, or compliment I think the car must be dirty.

Not bad for a '99.

Keep 'em rollin!

KILRSVT

Established Member
I have the new 5.0 fever and C6 z06 fever after racing a c6 z and beating it by half a car I decided my cobra is alright and as far as the 5.0 it handles really well which I have my entire new mm front end and rear coil overs and IRS bushings are on the way along with wieght reduction and race seats with safety harness coming soon TTU here I come . The sn95 chassis is inferior to the s197 because the s197 is 5 times stiffer than ours but I almost own my cobra I would hate to get involved in car payments again . I feel the terminator is the poor mans supercar

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Nice to see other people getting compliments on their cobra in different areas of the country. Got another compliment on it today. I'm gonna have to drive it around more.

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Went to the Sonoma raceway today for bracket racing. Within 30 minutes i had a show of my own. All kinds of ppl stopped to take pics and talk :p and i was only a spectator in general parking surrounded by camaros:thumbup:

dirtydave289

Established Member
I had just made up my mind a few days ago that when I change jobs in a few months I'll offload the Cobra and buy a newer 5.0 for some HCI action. You guys are making my second guess myself :(

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Can't wait to get back on the road and see those thumbs-up again. Darn thing has been on jack stands since June, with the heat this summer and my mom getting sick I just haven't got to it. New Mcleod twin disc, QuickTime bell housing, Taylor alum. battery box plus new cable and 170* stat. Just need to button-up the starter and lift the tranny back in.

I don't know...I'm thinking in 3-4 years about a low miler 2013 Shelby. 351 cubes makes my mouth water. I'm not dead in-love with the looks but.....351 cubes makes my mouth water!

Can't wait to get back on the road and see those thumbs-up again. Darn thing has been on jack stands since June, with the heat this summer and my mom getting sick I just haven't got to it. New Mcleod twin disc, QuickTime bell housing, Taylor alum. battery box plus new cable and 170* stat. Just need to button-up the starter and lift the tranny back in.

I don't know...I'm thinking in 3-4 years about a low miler 2013 Shelby. 351 cubes makes my mouth water. I'm not dead in-love with the looks but.....351 cubes makes my mouth water!

Everything about the '13 Shelby is perfect with the exception of that horrible looking front grille. I understand the cooling demands on that car but the front is hideous. The front of the '10 - '11 looks so much better.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats the norm when me and the wife take our Cobras out as well. Always people with thier cameras out on the interstate, smiling and talking to us when we pull into a gas station....but than again it might just be her 34DDD's :loser:

BlackedSVT

Established Member
Everyone in Germany loves the 03/04 Cobras. Although they love all mustangs over here.
Our cars are most definitely NOT old/worthless.

Just recently I ran down a '12 5.0 with exhaust, tune, gears etc.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Dont get me wrong I love the look of the new Mustangs and Shelby's but my problem is that I see them everywhere. I have seen approx 3 Terminators. I have seen more new Shelby's than Terminators. WTF how many Shelby's did they build anyway for me to see too many of them?

JCH03SVT

Established Member
Dont get me wrong I love the look of the new Mustangs and Shelby's but my problem is that I see them everywhere. I have seen approx 3 Terminators. I have seen more new Shelby's than Terminators. WTF how many Shelby's did they build anyway for me to see too many of them?

I don't see Shelby's a lot but I do see them more than Terminators. Definitely a lot of 5.0s out there now! Even though our cars are 8 and 9 years old, I still get excited to see one on the road lol I'd take my Cobra over a newer one any day hands down.

r103

Established Member
I'm not sure why, but when I go to the drag strip I have loads of people come over wanting to look at my car. From what they say they are just surprised when it runs high 10's @134mph after seeing and hearing it do a burnt out. My car is a slammed vert thats quiet.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I think it's great you guys love your cars and they really are neat cars but what is it with this overwhelming need for attention that keeps getting repeated over and over again?

Ratchet

Established Member
I was thinking about sellin mine for a while, but when it came dowm to it I couldn't let the Cobra go... Glad i didn't. I fall in love with it everytime out, it's a blast at the track and the car shows. Been so proud of it closing out the year with a best in show, a personal best at the track on the 91 tune and the new 19" wheels and and invo's and it to my surprise took down first place at the mustang shoot out at our biggest show up here... The shootout was a best of the best part of the show, all model years included...so yeah I'm proud of my Terminator and the acknowledgment it has received. .:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread