Terminators are old and worthless compared to a new 5.0

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
That's such an awesome feeling. Same as most. Only get attention every once on awhile even though it seems it's been happening more often then before. I'd only buy either a '13 gt500 or 67 fastback to a Teminator. There just so raw feeling. Sold my 06 Sti to get my cobra and never looked back.

kachup

Established Member
im thinking of buying another cobra to park next to the supra, the only think i hate are fobra which decrease price and the value not staying up their that much.

im thinking of buying another cobra to park next to the supra, the only think i hate are fobra which decrease price and the value not staying up their that much.

I'm with you. I get the whole, 'its my car and I can do what I want with it' but the whole Fobra phenomena gets under my skin for some reason. We got people out there beating up on Fobras and thinking they really beat a Terminator. I just bugs me. lol

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I think it's great you guys love your cars and they really are neat cars but what is it with this overwhelming need for attention that keeps getting repeated over and over again?

i was just thinking that. we dont have these kind of threads in the 2011+ section.

i think(a very small percentage) of cobra guys are quite intimidated by the 5.0. thats just what happens when a new technology come out. i know myself and A LOT of other 5.0 guys have no ill will tword terminators and love them just as much as the owners do. hell, the terminator/2nd gen lightning are what got me into fords. i will always have respect for them.

the nut swingers in both camps make more of this issue than i think the rest of us do. they are both great cars, fantastic cars, and the terminator has claimed its stake in muscle car history. we will be lucky to have an asterisk with the introduction of the coyote 5.0.

that being said, the 5.0 can and does some amazing stuff with its tech, and i think that is where 5.0 guys get bent. they want some respect too. i see both sides of the fence, i really do. they both deserve a lot of respect. terminator guys needs to tip the cap to what a BPU/boosted coyote can do and 5.0 guys need to realize that with a 03-04 cobra there is no 5.0.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Funny my stock (except for exhaust) 9 year old car just beat a new 5.0. The guy asked what I did to my car to get it to beat his, I said nothing except for cat back exhaust. I told him to look up "Cobra Terminator" and he would understand why he got a good beat down from a 9 year old car. I would like to see any stock new 5.0 do the same in 9 years!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Funny my stock (except for exhaust) 9 year old car just beat a new 5.0. The guy asked what I did to my car to get it to beat his, I said nothing except for cat back exhaust. I told him to look up "Cobra Terminator" and he would understand why he got a good beat down from a 9 year old car. I would like to see any stock new 5.0 do the same in 9 years!

in 9 years, with the way this country is headed, i think its safe to say that a 5.0 will be just as deadly as terminators are now. that is if any of us can afford to fill up any car. :nonono:

xchamp

Established Member
Dont drive mine that much but everytime i do i always get a thumbs up!! I was a a big car show this past weekend (500 cars) and had a number of guys tell me I had one of the nicest cars there. My buddies are starting to hate on me when I park next to them, people walk right past there cars to look at mine!!!

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
The only people I seem to get thumbs up from are the younger crowd types, usually 99-04 GT type owners. Basically, the street racers who I pull over when I'm working.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i was just thinking that. we dont have these kind of threads in the 2011+ section.

i think(a very small percentage) of cobra guys are quite intimidated by the 5.0. thats just what happens when a new technology come out. i know myself and A LOT of other 5.0 guys have no ill will tword terminators and love them just as much as the owners do. hell, the terminator/2nd gen lightning are what got me into fords. i will always have respect for them.

the nut swingers in both camps make more of this issue than i think the rest of us do. they are both great cars, fantastic cars, and the terminator has claimed its stake in muscle car history. we will be lucky to have an asterisk with the introduction of the coyote 5.0.

that being said, the 5.0 can and does some amazing stuff with its tech, and i think that is where 5.0 guys get bent. they want some respect too. i see both sides of the fence, i really do. they both deserve a lot of respect. terminator guys needs to tip the cap to what a BPU/boosted coyote can do and 5.0 guys need to realize that with a 03-04 cobra there is no 5.0.

Excellent post!!!
I agree, except I think the 5.0 coyote is going to be very close to the same type of automotive history making as the Terminators were.

That engine is a huge leap in technology and I believe is going to give the Chevy LSx series engines a legitimate run for their money in the light weight, reasonably priced, mod friendly, relatively compact, HIGH OUTPUT ENGINE SWAP CANDIDATE OF CHOICE in the next 20 years.

Boss 5.0 444 horse/ 444 pounds, what's not to love? These Terminator engines will tolerate a lot of boost and make big power reliably but they are ridiculously heavy fully dressed. Try well over 700-720 pounds.:eek:

zeusha

Established Member
At the Track all the Cobra owners including myself get far more fear and recognition than even the nastiest 5.0's ... I get more people saying "can I race that guy? (pointing at a new 5.0 in the staging lanes)

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
At the Track all the Cobra owners including myself get far more fear and recognition than even the nastiest 5.0's ... I get more people saying "can I race that guy? (pointing at a new 5.0 in the staging lanes)

:dw:

:lol1::lol::bs:

You guys are killing me with this "fear" crap. Its racing, not a fight to the death. :lol:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Depends on what kind of track you are going to.
At a road race track/HPDE/Open Track type event these new 5.0 2011 and up cars are no freaking joke! The cars handle great and the engines make good power, the Boss cars even more so.

:dw:
:lol1::lol::bs:

You guys are killing me with this "fear" crap. Its racing, not a fight to the death. :lol:
It is a bit ridiculous.:dw::shrug:

Do you fear factor guys actually dread getting beat that badly?
It's not like you are going to have your birthday taken away if you get beat.

There is always someone faster, typically with more money.

Qwk GT

Established Member
There are tools on both sides.....

Maybe its the 400+ hp rating that causes the smack talking? Guys who haven't owned an 03/04 think their shit is automatically faster because of the rating, not knowing cobras were underrated, etc...

Or some guys just seem like they have it out for 03/04's...

I get compliments on mine usually, but I don't really care even if it didn't.

Idiots on both fronts, but I have my opinion on who has more ;-). I think the new cars are cool, but with that said I'd rather have my 03.

Last edited:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
This statement sums it all up.

I disagree ... I personally have witnessed a guy spending 20k on just a motor build for his shelby to go 142 down the 1/4 , when u have the other shelby owner spending 14k on his motor trapping 148 ... You can have all the money you want but that doesn't mean you will be faster ... Lots of other factors involved , but I did get what Jimmy meant with his statement

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
This tuned full intake &exhaust on a slick 5.0 didn't think my terminator was worthless as he was handing me his 300 dollars. You will notice got the leave and at the 150 foot mark I made up the car and a half and ended up a car and a half up on him......

http://static.photobucket.com/playe...cket.com/albums/d65/tonylittell/IMG950698.mp4

Doesn't matter bout the year of the car and engine. What matters is what you do with it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

va boy

Established Member
There is an easy fix to all this fighting among us Mustang brothers.......we all need one of each. I'll take both of mine in blue.

Users who are viewing this thread