Taliban attacking US forces

Mayo5

Established Member
Interesting. I wonder how much money he and or they gave to them for allowing him to videotape. If anyone hasn't seen the documentary Restrepo, I HIGHLY suggest you watch it. It it pretty moving.

****ing cowards using their own young sons as weapons...

johndoe000

keep it classy
Established Member
Okay guys, I apologize in advance. This is going to offend some of you, however it needs to be said.

The people portrayed in the short exerpt are just that; people, just like you and me. They love their children, try to provide for them and generally just want to be happy. There is one critical difference between them and us in the western world though, their homeland has been invaded by a largely mechanized, very advanced fighting force. These people have now done what they have always done, risen up to defend their homeland. They did it against the Soviets and they have been doing it since before the time of Alexander the Great, they have been fighting guerrilla wars on and off for thousands of years. Now I agree using children to fight is a highly condemnable act, however you need to look at the larger context of what is going on.

Now I know the soldiers they are shooting at and fighting against are your countrymen, and I empathize with you over those lost to this conflict. It is a horrible shame that anyone need die in war when the human race has become so enlightened with so many different facets of knowledge. The bottom line is however that this "war on terror" cannot be won, not now or ever. It is only meant to be sustained. There is no benefit to continuing the fighting, for almost all the terrorism that has been perpetrated has (in my opinion, and the opinions of many others) been initiated to wrap the societies of North America and Europe under a veil of fear.

This fear has been used in many disturbing ways, i.e. taking away your rights and civil liberties and stepping all over the Constitution right in your own country. Look at what society has now become; paranoid TSA agents patting down your genitals, full body scanners, homeland security detaining people without cause. This "war on terror" has been used to justify so many injustices all in the name of "your protection."

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It would make me sick, too, if I watched it. Which I won't do. The journalist is doing exactly what the Taliban want him to do. Do some PR for them. Seems many have forgotten 9/11 and the man behind it, Osama bin Laden. The Taliban allowed terrorist organizations to run training camps in their territory. From 1994 to at least 2001, the Taliban provided refuge for Osama bin Laden and his al-Qaeda organization. It is widely accepted that the relationship between the Taliban and bin Laden is close. He fought with the mujahideen. He has financed the Taliban. The Taliban are not ordinary folks defending their country and who "just want to be happy". :nonono:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
^^^ While I agree with some of your post, it sounds like you would like us to surrender to muslim extremism and just let the resistance/hate for Americans grow, which will just pass the problem down to future generations. Initially, more people were affected on 9/11 than on Pear Harbor; one of them engaged us into a war, the other an insurgency. There are no easy answers, but letting the bully's to continue on their path to nuclear weaponization and murdering innocent westoners is un-acceptable. Jihad is alive and thriving, and we want to be politically correct :/

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Okay guys, I apologize in advance. This is going to offend some of you, however it needs to be said.

The people portrayed in the short exerpt are just that; people, just like you and me. They love their children, try to provide for them and generally just want to be happy. There is one critical difference between them and us in the western world though, their homeland has been invaded by a largely mechanized, very advanced fighting force. These people have now done what they have always done, risen up to defend their homeland. They did it against the Soviets and they have been doing it since before the time of Alexander the Great, they have been fighting guerrilla wars on and off for thousands of years. Now I agree using children to fight is a highly condemnable act, however you need to look at the larger context of what is going on.

Now I know the soldiers they are shooting at and fighting against are your countrymen, and I empathize with you over those lost to this conflict. It is a horrible shame that anyone need die in war when the human race has become so enlightened with so many different facets of knowledge. The bottom line is however that this "war on terror" cannot be won, not now or ever. It is only meant to be sustained. There is no benefit to continuing the fighting, for almost all the terrorism that has been perpetrated has (in my opinion, and the opinions of many others) been initiated to wrap the societies of North America and Europe under a veil of fear.

This fear has been used in many disturbing ways, i.e. taking away your rights and civil liberties and stepping all over the Constitution right in your own country. Look at what society has now become; paranoid TSA agents patting down your genitals, full body scanners, homeland security detaining people without cause. This "war on terror" has been used to justify so many injustices all in the name of "your protection."

F'n Canadians!

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
johndoe000 :nonono:.

Those are my and every other Americans brothers being shot at. This journalist ought to be shot for not doing anything to stop it, he had the opportunity but he sat there and watched like the rest of the fighters on the hill. In my eyes he is just as guilty as the Taliban are for watching. Luckily nothing bad happened to our soldiers but still, how the eff can you sit there at watch? I don't know what y'all think but I'm pissed at CNN for even giving this dude an opportunity to talk about what he did on camera in front of the American public. I've had friends die over there in service to our country.
World_Trade_Center_Flag_Raising.jpg

Long live the greatest country in world history.

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
I did have a big response typed up but I'm not even going to post it. It really bothers me that they have children fighting (makes me think of Vietnam) and that every move and attempt to kill in regards to war is "in the name of God", also how they assume that when they kill their enemy they are "sent to Hell".

I'm glad to see that US reports show that no one was killed though.

Also to johndoe000 above....they have been "invaded" because of their choice to train terrorists that attack our nation and their involvement in the US attacks...we aren't some random invasion trying to take over their country.

10-43 This 03

Established Member
I did have a big response typed up but I'm not even going to post it. It really bothers me that they have children fighting (makes me think of Vietnam) and that every move and attempt to kill in regards to war is "in the name of God", also how they assume that when they kill their enemy they are "sent to Hell".

I'm glad to see that US reports show that no one was killed though.

Also to johndoe000 above....they have been "invaded" because of their choice to train terrorists that attack our nation and their involvement in the US attacks...we aren't some random invasion trying to take over their country.

Same here! I had a BIG response typed up to the COMMUNIST PUKE with ignorant comments posted above about how WE invaded and they are trying to protect themselves.

They kill their own COUNTRYMEN in the name of JIHAD, not self-defense. I'm so angry with his comments I feel like puking! Not even an AMERICAN CITIZEN at that, at least thats what I believe since his location is ONTARIO.

To johndoe000, If Canada is attacked, I pray for YOUR COUNTRYMENS sake there is not a single man with your cowardly attitude!

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator

Lets kill every hockey team the Canadians have and see if you feel different.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
This is why I have zero sympathy for random journalists that get popped when they are embedded with terrorist types spreading their propaganda.

They're terrorists they aren't any benefit to any Nation. I don't give a shit about their cause.

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member
Why would he be criticized for making a "behind the enemy lines" video of them actually fighting and planing their attack on US forces. This is some incredible Intel that can be used to our advantage so if anything this guy who filmed this should be given a reward. All they just did there when attacking was give away their position so the US forces can roll in the gunships now, But whatever.

Interesting. I wonder how much money he and or they gave to them for allowing him to videotape. If anyone hasn't seen the documentary Restrepo, I HIGHLY suggest you watch it. It it pretty moving.

****ing cowards using their own young sons as weapons...

+1, that is an awesome documentary!

Last edited:

2003cobraguy

Established Member
I'm not even angry or mad at johndoe000, just sad for him.
It's a shame that you have that mentality and have the balls to sit there in your room and type out that response on an american muscle car message board.

I dont know if you are, but you seem extremely unintelligent by that post. I would suggest you do a little more reading, and a lot more research and try to actually understand why we are in the wars we are today.

Why they hate us, why we hate them, and maybe you will begin to see how this has all unfolded.

Do yourself an honest favor, and try to expand your knowledge. You owe it to yourself.

04SVTF

Established Member

This part cracks me up.

****in troll.

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
The bottom line is however that this "war on terror" cannot be won, not now or ever. It is only meant to be sustained. There is no benefit to continuing the fighting, for almost all the terrorism that has been perpetrated has (in my opinion, and the opinions of many others) been initiated to wrap the societies of North America and Europe under a veil of fear.

This part above is what pisses me off. I guess you forgot our country was attacked. No benefit to continue the fight on terror?? Are you joking? That fight will NEVER be over, and on many types of fronts. Maybe after they attack your homeland you can comment on that subject. I'm sure some Canadian troops have already given their lives in the fight too. And, I bet they didn't share your passive/weak point of view on the fight against terrorism.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
First, I am glad that no soldiers were killed in the video; being one myself, it would upset me greatly if one had. Second, I've been on the two way range in Afghanistan, so I know first hand what it's like to be shot at by men like the one's we see in the video.

With that being said I feel that the Taliban fighters in the video are only doing the same thing you and I would do if invaded by another nation; fight and defend to the very last man. Sure, I would love for them to accept the fact that N.A.T.O. is trying to improve the Security in Afghanistan by crushing fighters that would condone the presence of terrorists, but since they're the people we are trying to kill I won't hold my breath.

trickflow coupe

Established Member

this is where you are wrong..we are fighting the whole middle east in afghanistan....ask me how i know....

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
this is where you are wrong..we are fighting the whole middle east in afghanistan....ask me how i know....

+1, this

Most of the people we're fighting these days are from ALL over the middle east, not just Afghanistan.

And johndoe000, your a ****ing idiot (worth the infraction).

Users who are viewing this thread