Taliban attacking US forces

RAWRIGHT

Established Member
Okay guys, I apologize in advance. This is going to offend some of you, however it needs to be said.

The people portrayed in the short exerpt are just that; people, just like you and me. They love their children, try to provide for them and generally just want to be happy. There is one critical difference between them and us in the western world though, their homeland has been invaded by a largely mechanized, very advanced fighting force. These people have now done what they have always done, risen up to defend their homeland. They did it against the Soviets and they have been doing it since before the time of Alexander the Great, they have been fighting guerrilla wars on and off for thousands of years. Now I agree using children to fight is a highly condemnable act, however you need to look at the larger context of what is going on.

Now I know the soldiers they are shooting at and fighting against are your countrymen, and I empathize with you over those lost to this conflict. It is a horrible shame that anyone need die in war when the human race has become so enlightened with so many different facets of knowledge. The bottom line is however that this "war on terror" cannot be won, not now or ever. It is only meant to be sustained. There is no benefit to continuing the fighting, for almost all the terrorism that has been perpetrated has (in my opinion, and the opinions of many others) been initiated to wrap the societies of North America and Europe under a veil of fear.

This fear has been used in many disturbing ways, i.e. taking away your rights and civil liberties and stepping all over the Constitution right in your own country. Look at what society has now become; paranoid TSA agents patting down your genitals, full body scanners, homeland security detaining people without cause. This "war on terror" has been used to justify so many injustices all in the name of "your protection."

I agree that their goal is to cause fear and disrupt our lives and they have succeeded at that in some ways. However I do believe we could win this "war on terror", but not when we have liberal pussies forcing our soldiers to fight with their hands tied behind their back. In order to truly be successful against these people you must fight a ruthless no holds barred war. When one side is forced to play by a different set of rules it severely limits your chances of success. They took no considerations for our women or children and as far as I'm concerned we should show them the same respect. The children over there are not innocent they were brought up to be just like the people we are fighting and as bad as it sounds if we want to win that has to be taken into consideration. Level the place and take no prisoners, period.:fm:

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
they sit on their asses and do camp security iv seen it first hand and the only other countries iv seen do a damn thing(patrol, offensive ops) in afghanistan are the UK,Estonians,Scotts,Aussies and the good ol' USA most of the other sit on a base or fob and do jack shit. im not trying to stir the pot im just sharing what i have seen and experienced

edit: the kunucks also brought tim hortons to KAF

153 Canadian Soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan since 2002 and hundreds more wounded. Keeping in mind we have just 2500 boots on the ground. Yes, Canadians also do front gate security at K.A.F., but to not know the sacrifice your partner( and closest neighbor) in the war on terror has made dumbfounds me.

And for the record Tim Horton's coffee rocks!

Here's a list of all the Canadian's that have died sitting on their asses doing front gate security.

CBC News In Depth: Afghanistan

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
ahhh yes, and going over there and slaying them is going to change their belief system... right....

i cant believe people are trying to crucify johndoe here.... he brings up some good points. its all a matter of perspective, yes the taliban are evil and horribe to us, but to them all they know is we show up and kill people, maybe to them we are the monsters. im not against or for the war but i can say we as citizens do not know all the facts and its important to question any information we are being fed, from both critics and supporters of the war. it seems alot of people here are just the "Amurrika iz da best and everybody else iz one of dem iraqqqui turrurist" kind of people and are just posting against johndoe because he didnt feel the same as you. in a way that make you very much the same as the terrorists that you hate.

its not that Johndoe000 posted something that was different or from a perspective that no one has considered, how is it so hard to believe that these poelpe that are fighting this war against not only america but against the world are bad poeple that will kill for just the very thoughts that you have every day, yes it is true that the reason they are fighting a guerilla war in there country is because they are being confronted with a war and the reason they are trying to kill our soldiers is because they are confronted with war. But the goal is to have them fighting in there country not in yours.

trickflow coupe

Established Member
153 Canadian Soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan since 2002 and hundreds more wounded. Keeping in mind we have just 2500 boots on the ground. Yes, Canadians also do front gate security at K.A.F., but to not know the sacrifice your partner( and closest neighbor) in the war on terror has made dumbfounds me.

Here's a list of all the Canadian's that have died sitting on their asses doing front gate security.

wow somebody got all butthurt if you want to throw numbers around about my battalion (2nd battalion 7th Marines) from April 2008-November 2008 took 20 KIA and over 160 WIA in our 8 month deployment should i go on? the US has lost 1426 and 9256 wounded so far and that number is only going to get higher because of certain countries not really doing a damn thing...as much as i love the britts and estonians we had with us they were kinda a big bunch of pussies and wouldnt go anywhere without us (the Marines) so dont get all butthurt and bent out of shape if all the countries pulled their weight in afghanistan the war would be over....it really pisses me off that you think i dont know what is going on over there i still have good friends over there in several parts ie: Sangin,Marjah,Kajakie, ect and they have told me it the same way it was back in 2008. i know this is our war and all but the other countries that are supposed to support us dont do a damn thing and here are the numbers to prove it

iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan
/rant off

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member

Thank you for coming across with a dedcent post from canada believe me we all know that there are many Canadians that have sacrificed more than we may know but comments made by Johndoe didnt help the case. and trust me we are neighbors and if shit hits the fan here we will be calling for canadas help.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
wow somebody got all butthurt if you want to throw numbers around about my battalion (2nd battalion 7th Marines) from April 2008-November 2008 took 20 KIA and over 160 WIA in our 8 month deployment should i go on? the US has lost 1426 and 9256 wounded so far and that number is only going to get higher because of certain countries not really doing a damn thing...as much as i love the britts and estonians we had with us they were kinda a big bunch of pussies and wouldnt go anywhere without us (the Marines) so dont get all butthurt and bent out of shape if all the countries pulled their weight in afghanistan the war would be over....it really pisses me off that you think i dont know what is going on over there i still have good friends over there in several parts ie: Sangin,Marjah,Kajakie, ect and they have told me it the same way it was back in 2008. i know this is our war and all but the other countries that are supposed to support us dont do a damn thing and here are the numbers to prove it

iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan
/rant off

I wasn't throwing around numbers, obviously American casualties are higher. I was just proving to you that Canada has contributed more to the war then what you think.

And telling me not to get all but hurt is like the pot calling the kettle black.

The point of my post was to get you to admit you were wrong about Canada's role, but I have worked with people like you and you will never admit you were wrong, and will only continue to make excuses and get offended.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
ahhh yes, and going over there and slaying them is going to change their belief system... right....

i cant believe people are trying to crucify johndoe here.... he brings up some good points. its all a matter of perspective, yes the taliban are evil and horribe to us, but to them all they know is we show up and kill people, maybe to them we are the monsters. im not against or for the war but i can say we as citizens do not know all the facts and its important to question any information we are being fed, from both critics and supporters of the war. it seems alot of people here are just the "Amurrika iz da best and everybody else iz one of dem iraqqqui turrurist" kind of people and are just posting against johndoe because he didnt feel the same as you. in a way that make you very much the same as the terrorists that you hate.

Who exactly said, "Amurrika iz da best and everybody else iz one of dem iraqqqui turrurist". I see a lot of goofy spelling mistakes in your post though. :thumbsup:

It seems to have become a trend to assume that supporting the war automatically makes a person ignorant. :bored:

There were countless terrorist attacks by Muslim extremists decades before 9/11. 9/11 was just when it finally hit home that unless something was done their attacks could get progressively worse. Who knows how many terror cells we effectively took out or how many terrorist plots we thwarted.

I know people are tired of us fixing other country's problems, but if we win, we can create a peaceful nation for them. There was a lot of violence there well before we declared war on terrorists in Afghanistan.

It's not about changing everyone's belief system, or completely eliminating all Muslim extremists. That's unrealistic, I don't think ANYONE expects that. However, with the increasing size and effectiveness of the Afgan army and our support they can minimize mass murder and large organized terrorist cells that plot deadly terrorist attacks around the globe.

I don't think a lot of people appreciate what we have done. They look at the negatives instead of looking at the possibility that it could be A LOT worse right now if we hadn't done anything after 9/11.

06C6Z06

Banned

Is that a LS7 I see under you hood?? I must be seeing things. Now I see. LS1

p.s. We as a counntry need to not let one more towel head in this country. They are animals with a ***ed up religion that justifies them being able to lie,steal,cheat, and kill. Send them home and drop nukes. Turn that shithole into one big slate of glass. As for the women and children over there, better theirs than ours.

Last edited:

trickflow coupe

Established Member
I wasn't throwing around numbers, obviously American casualties are higher. I was just proving to you that Canada has contributed more to the war then what you think.

And telling me not to get all but hurt is like the pot calling the kettle black.

The point of my post was to get you to admit you were wrong about Canada's role, but I have worked with people like you and you will never admit you were wrong, and will only continue to make excuses and get offended.

you see this is where you are wrong i will admit the all the other countries have play a role in where we are right now in afghanistan but they havent played as big of a role as you think they have if they would play a bigger part ie: patrol like the Marines do, dont give up the ground they fought and bleed for. A perfect example is the Sangin valley my unit had Sangin for 6 months i lost a few friends over there at they end of the deployment we handed it over to the brits fast foward to now when the Marines have it back its back to how it was when we got there and you havent worked with people like me you have no idea who or what i am. My post are not ment to insult or flame other countries i am just stating my experience and my point of view

Last edited:

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
you see this is where you are wrong i will admit the all the other countries have play a role in where we are right now in afghanistan but they havent played as big of a role as you think they have if they would play a bigger part ie: patrol like the Marines do, dont give up the ground they fought and bleed for. A perfect example is the Sangin valley my unit had Sangin for 6 months i lost a few friends over there at they end of the deployment we handed it over to the brits fast foward to now when the Marines have it back its back to how it was when we got there and you havent worked with people like me you have no idea who or what i am. My post are not ment to insult or flame other countries i am just stating my experience and my point of view

Did you not look at the list of casualties? The majority of deaths are caused by I.E.D's struck on PATROL. Get it through youR thick skull that lots of us have died on the battlefield in bloody engagements with the Taliban.

You may not intentionally be flaming or insulting your partners in this fight but you have ignorance on a grand scale.

Last edited:

trickflow coupe

Established Member

my point is here...has your wonderful country done as much as mine has? no
will canada ever do as much as mine has in the war on terror? no
dose canada and other countries contribute to the war on terror? yes
have both of our countries lost men in this war? yes

this is all i haven been trying to say why cant you see that?

Did you not look at the list of casualties? The majority of deaths are caused by I.E.D's struck on PATROL. Get it through youR thick skull that lots of us have died on the battlefield in bloody engagements with the Taliban.

You may not intentionally be flaming or insulting your partners in this fight but you have ignorance on a grand scale.

you think i dont know that?? iv been sprayed by my friends body parts more then 1 time and iv had to carry my wounded friends to a medevac bird quite a few times.....and did you not read my last post?

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Before you start bashing Canadians, educate yourself about their support and sacrifices in Afghanistan.

+1

Aussies and Brits as well.

the only other countries iv seen do a damn thing(patrol, offensive ops) in afghanistan are the UK,Estonians,Scotts,Aussies and the good ol' USA most of the other sit on a base or fob and do jack shit. im not trying to stir the pot im just sharing what i have seen and experienced

edit: the kunucks also brought tim hortons to KAF

Can't forget the Romanians! Even though a month ago they shot at me lol, other than that they do just as many patrols as we do. We were with Romainians in Iraq and we have them here In Afghanistan also.

And I was just at KAF like 6 months ago (going back next month for RnR) and I never seen a Tim Hortons, hell I never heard of it before I googled it about 2 minutes ago.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Okay guys, I apologize in advance. This is going to offend some of you, however it needs to be said.

The people portrayed in the short exerpt are just that; people, just like you and me. They love their children, try to provide for them and generally just want to be happy. There is one critical difference between them and us in the western world though, their homeland has been invaded by a largely mechanized, very advanced fighting force. These people have now done what they have always done, risen up to defend their homeland. They did it against the Soviets and they have been doing it since before the time of Alexander the Great, they have been fighting guerrilla wars on and off for thousands of years. Now I agree using children to fight is a highly condemnable act, however you need to look at the larger context of what is going on.

Now I know the soldiers they are shooting at and fighting against are your countrymen, and I empathize with you over those lost to this conflict. It is a horrible shame that anyone need die in war when the human race has become so enlightened with so many different facets of knowledge. The bottom line is however that this "war on terror" cannot be won, not now or ever. It is only meant to be sustained. There is no benefit to continuing the fighting, for almost all the terrorism that has been perpetrated has (in my opinion, and the opinions of many others) been initiated to wrap the societies of North America and Europe under a veil of fear.

This fear has been used in many disturbing ways, i.e. taking away your rights and civil liberties and stepping all over the Constitution right in your own country. Look at what society has now become; paranoid TSA agents patting down your genitals, full body scanners, homeland security detaining people without cause. This "war on terror" has been used to justify so many injustices all in the name of "your protection."

Seriously dude... go **** yourself. ****ing try to justify and paint whatever you want however you want. Just another progressive Obama nutswinger.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
it was on the boardwalk at KAF back in 2008 by the snow cone place

Shit I didnt even know they had a snow cone place lol, they have a KFC, TGIF, and a Pizza place now :shrug:

But honestly man, you need to calm down, stop bashing the other countries that are helping us. No most countries wont do as much as we are over there, but in reality it is our war, they're just a supporting cast in it.

Did you just do one rotation over here? Or multiple trickflow?

trickflow coupe

Established Member
iv done 1 to iraq in 2007 and afghan in 2008..i guess im still a little bitter as to how my battalion was treated when i was over there

edit: i just get pretty heated when anybody anywhere says anything in support of or about the taliban

and kfc and tgif?!? what the hell...they had a half assed subway/burger king and pizza hut the only thing worth a damn was tim hortons and the green bean

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Have you all guys considered that 9/11 was not Taliban attack and only some acts used to manipulate people and get their support to go to war based on fear?

I am not saying the above is 100% true, but have you considered it?

What would "War of Terror" represent?

Tinfoil hat 9/11 conspiracy theories FTL. :nonono:

However, Mexico is probably the global authority on corrupt inside jobs (cartel wars running rampant) and insurgent tactics (criminal insurgent invaders fleeing north by the thousands every day).:idea:

Mexico should focus on managing Mexican problems.:bored:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
iv done 1 to iraq in 2007 and afghan in 2008..i guess im still a little bitter as to how my battalion was treated when i was over there

edit: i just get pretty heated when anybody anywhere says anything in support of or about the taliban

and kfc and tgif?!? what the hell...they had a half assed subway/burger king and pizza hut the only thing worth a damn was tim hortons and the green bean

They dont have any of that anymore, and they where just finishing the KFC when I left. I think they got rid of everything when General McChrystal made that rule only coffee spots. I think General Petraeus changed it back.

But yea I hear ya about people in support of the Taliban, but one stupid Canadian doesnt make the whole country useless.

trickflow coupe

Established Member
damn that sucks...i havent been in afghan since nov 2008 and i left out of bastion and yeah i know i havent been in a very good mood the past week my old unit is trickling back from marjah and i haven been hearing about some deaths that could of been avoided

Users who are viewing this thread