Taliban attacking US forces

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
Just finished watching "Restrepo" What a good documentary.
I also liked "Ross Kemp Return to Afghanistan" and "Iraq For Sale - The War Profiteers"

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Okay guys, I apologize in advance. This is going to offend some of you, however it needs to be said.

The people portrayed in the short exerpt are just that; people, just like you and me. They love their children, try to provide for them and generally just want to be happy. There is one critical difference between them and us in the western world though, their homeland has been invaded by a largely mechanized, very advanced fighting force. These people have now done what they have always done, risen up to defend their homeland. They did it against the Soviets and they have been doing it since before the time of Alexander the Great, they have been fighting guerrilla wars on and off for thousands of years. Now I agree using children to fight is a highly condemnable act, however you need to look at the larger context of what is going on.

Now I know the soldiers they are shooting at and fighting against are your countrymen, and I empathize with you over those lost to this conflict. It is a horrible shame that anyone need die in war when the human race has become so enlightened with so many different facets of knowledge. The bottom line is however that this "war on terror" cannot be won, not now or ever. It is only meant to be sustained. There is no benefit to continuing the fighting, for almost all the terrorism that has been perpetrated has (in my opinion, and the opinions of many others) been initiated to wrap the societies of North America and Europe under a veil of fear.

This fear has been used in many disturbing ways, i.e. taking away your rights and civil liberties and stepping all over the Constitution right in your own country. Look at what society has now become; paranoid TSA agents patting down your genitals, full body scanners, homeland security detaining people without cause. This "war on terror" has been used to justify so many injustices all in the name of "your protection."

Dear JohnDoe000,

BLOW ME!

Love,

An American

hammerhead2

Established Member
Okay guys, I apologize in advance. This is going to offend some of you, however it needs to be said.

The people portrayed in the short exerpt are just that; people, just like you and me. They love their children, try to provide for them and generally just want to be happy. There is one critical difference between them and us in the western world though, their homeland has been invaded by a largely mechanized, very advanced fighting force. These people have now done what they have always done, risen up to defend their homeland. They did it against the Soviets and they have been doing it since before the time of Alexander the Great, they have been fighting guerrilla wars on and off for thousands of years. Now I agree using children to fight is a highly condemnable act, however you need to look at the larger context of what is going on.

Now I know the soldiers they are shooting at and fighting against are your countrymen, and I empathize with you over those lost to this conflict. It is a horrible shame that anyone need die in war when the human race has become so enlightened with so many different facets of knowledge. The bottom line is however that this "war on terror" cannot be won, not now or ever. It is only meant to be sustained. There is no benefit to continuing the fighting, for almost all the terrorism that has been perpetrated has (in my opinion, and the opinions of many others) been initiated to wrap the societies of North America and Europe under a veil of fear.

This fear has been used in many disturbing ways, i.e. taking away your rights and civil liberties and stepping all over the Constitution right in your own country. Look at what society has now become; paranoid TSA agents patting down your genitals, full body scanners, homeland security detaining people without cause. This "war on terror" has been used to justify so many injustices all in the name of "your protection."

You are certainly intitled to your opinion but as someone whos been there and fought, let me just say that the only reason this war could possibly not be won would be do to people having a defeatest attitude like this.

Last edited:

eddieveddie85

Established Member
Well thanks to that reporter, I would bet you almost anything all of those taliban fighters are dead now. That's good intel even if he didnt want it to be, I'm sure someone in the special ops community knows exactly where they are shooting from. And I really doubt that they actually caused any casualties, maybe disable a vehicle. But I highly doubt and of those bullets would actually penetrate an MRAP.

intmdtr

Established Member
F'n Canadians!

True that:kaboom:

Hey Fella's, lets not group all Canadians under 1 umbrella. I for one am Canadian and I have and continue to serve my Country and have fought in Afghanistan. Losing many of my friends at the same time to this so called "War on Terror". Some days its a waste of time, other days to see the smiling faces of many of the children there, they started out with little to no chance, made me happy.

So I ask again, that you look at what "One Canadian" has wrote and not group us all together.

I don't always think what we do is the right thing to do, but i signed up to serve my country and thats what I do.

As for the video, I think it is great. Gives a little insight into how the Taliban go about planning and initiating attacks.

Pro Patria

Black Sex

Established Member
Interesting. I wonder how much money he and or they gave to them for allowing him to videotape. If anyone hasn't seen the documentary Restrepo, I HIGHLY suggest you watch it. It it pretty moving.

****ing cowards using their own young sons as weapons...

Restrepo was a great documentary :beer:

Maybe they should have thought about the consequences of flying airliners into the world trade center and killing thousands of innocent men,women and children. You can't do a terroristic act like that to a country with one of the worlds most powerful militaries and not expect us not to come to your homeland and kick the shit out of you. Why do you suppose they have been at war forever? How do you call yourself religious and then kill others because of their beliefs and religions? Seems kinda ludicrous.
I think they should just bomb the hell out of that place and make a parking lot out of it. Yes its terrible that women and children are being killed. Thats a part of war, a war they started. I have zero sympathy for those people. They started it and I hope we end it soon

Black Sex

Established Member
I also want to take a moment to thank our past, present and most importantly the fallen service men who paid the ultimate price.
I have never served but have had a lot of friends that have served, some on their 3rd and 4th tours, and a few that have not made it home. My hat goes off to you guys.

gksingh

Established Member
Whoaa, Thats Messed up but in the End heres the way I look at it.

You step into ones someones business and their own political matters, reap the consequences.

Im not pointing at any particular country, Im just saying.

And I think Green Zone was an pretty awesome movie at bringing up some pretty valid points not that I want to get into a whole new debate

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Restrepo was a great documentary :beer:

Maybe they should have thought about the consequences of flying airliners into the world trade center and killing thousands of innocent men,women and children. You can't do a terroristic act like that to a country with one of the worlds most powerful militaries and not expect us not to come to your homeland and kick the shit out of you. Why do you suppose they have been at war forever? How do you call yourself religious and then kill others because of their beliefs and religions? Seems kinda ludicrous.
I think they should just bomb the hell out of that place and make a parking lot out of it. Yes its terrible that women and children are being killed. Thats a part of war, a war they started. I have zero sympathy for those people. They started it and I hope we end it soon

How many 9/11 hijackers were from Afghanistan?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
What did you idiots expect? You think the very people that harbored the criminals that attacked our country are going to surrender? We are on their turf, and they will fight back. What kind of mamby pamby land mentality is that?

If another country were attacking us on our own land over something we did, would we sit down and let them shoot us? Lol no. So 90% of you can STFU. If you want to take anything from the video, take the intel that they so willingly provided on their strategy. Arrogance is what will be their downfall.

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
I wont get dragged down all the other roads, but....

Before you start bashing Canadians, educate yourself about their support and sacrifices in Afghanistan.

P.S. Im not Canadian.

musclefan21

Established Member
Those guys just make me sick. How they live that kind of life, how they have that kind of mentality is beyond me. Very sad. God bless our troops

Last edited:

Zentenk

Established Member
I would be doing the same thing if an enemy invaded our country. I guess all of you would just let them take over peacefully?

hb712

Established Member
How many 9/11 hijackers were from Afghanistan?

You're not very smart, are you? The nationality of those specific individuals does not matter, they are already dead. We are looking for, and finding, the people who plan and support the execution of these types of attacks. You know, the people that live in Afghanistan. There are a whole lot of reasons why Afghanistan is the war zone, maybe you should figure those out before you type up another response.

Users who are viewing this thread