Stiegemeier Snake bite. omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmoving1

Established Member
I want some1 with a snakebite to take the front snout off and see if the rotors and/or gears are new or machined differently.. I have a eaton coming in the mail so I can take it apart post some pics of rotors and gears up so if some1 will kindly do that with the snakebite before it goes on there car that would be great..

There was another guy a few pages back who just got his. I will pm him and see if he will help you out.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
If anything this whole "Snakebite" bs has pissed more people off then drummed up more customers. I actually kind of feel bad for Steggy because until "Snake bitegate" I heard nothing but positive things about them.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That sounds about right, so is it cost that's turning everybody off?
Send it to Posi for less money??

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
This on going crap about stieg just makes me not want to use them, so when and if i do get my blower done it is going to Posi. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way, but thats my opinion.

slowmoving1

Established Member
A few people have asked for my mods here ya go

SRA
O/R H-pipe
manaflow catback
S/B port eaton,ported stock t/b and pl
3.25 upper only, NO lower
steeda CAI
Tuned by Justin @ VMP tuning

Gt super car pumps FPDM
60lbs injectors
thats it

525rwhp 533TQ SAE on dyno jet in the Florida heat

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
So basically if you have a ported blower making 17psi, and you get the smake bit and run 17psi, you will be making the same power?

Yes, this ports only advantage over any other port is that you can make high boost upper only. So instead of buying a lower, you can just run that. lower pulley=$300 or SB for $895(for previously ported blower). so its not hard to see hes just making money for doing very little.

BLK93GT

Established Member
A few people have asked for my mods here ya go

SRA
O/R H-pipe
manaflow catback
S/B port eaton,ported stock t/b and pl
3.25 upper only, NO lower
steeda CAI
Tuned by Justin @ VMP tuning

Gt super car pumps FPDM
60lbs injectors
thats it

525rwhp 533TQ SAE on dyno jet in the Florida heat

Those are nice #'s! How are the IAT 2 temps?

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I don't see how the iat's would be any lower with the SB vs. an upper and lower combo.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Doubt it, it seems like the SB feel off the charts.

I was hoping to see more myself.

MayfairSC

Established Member
So from the comments posted, all this is is a port job with a snout gear change for the tidy sum of $1500 + shipping.

How the hype around this was disseminated and actual information withheld, it all has the appearance of a con job.

In my experience, when someone is holding back information or making it appear something that it isn't, that individual is almost always dishonest and misrepresenting his product and services.

Like PT Barnum once said: "There's a sucker born every minute" and I say there another, ready to take advantage of that individual at least as often.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
hmmm.... posi doesn't limit his product to "special cars" he he he he

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
So basically if you have a ported blower making 17psi, and you get the smake bit and run 17psi, you will be making the same power?

yes.

Its like going from a small turbo to a larger one, at the same amount of boost, the larger will flow way more air than its smaller counterpart. Airflow (cfm or lbs/min) makes the power, boost (psi) is just how hard the source has to work to get it there.

its not a difficult concept to grasp, Steggy has figured out how to get more airflow out of the heaton than porting, moreso to the fact you can get even more power without having to pulley up and spin the eaton harder. Hes not releasing info because he doesnt want to get copied, even though im sure someone will take apart the blower and report their findings, and itll get cloned and that will be that.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
If he just regeared it then its the same thing, nothing special. 17PSI will be the same as 17 psi if they are both ported eatons.

i could understand going from an eaton to a whipple or a KB, but a pullied eaton to a regeared eaton for 1500.....na

BLK93GT

Established Member
If he just regeared it then its the same thing, nothing special. 17PSI will be the same as 17 psi if they are both ported eatons.

i could understand going from an eaton to a whipple or a KB, but a pullied eaton to a regeared eaton for 1500.....na

I don't think you can just re-gear a supercharger.

RussZTT

Established Member
I don't think you can just re-gear a supercharger.
Using the same rotors there is nothing else that can be done. Think about it, using the stock pulley, the rotors HAVE to be turning faster to get that much boost. Anything is possible, maybe that's why he's charging so much.

My guess, he had 2 gears machined so many teeth smaller. Since the rotors are spaced apart you can't just put smaller gears in because they wont touch. He cut the ends of the rotors, tig welded a thicker end so the gears can fit on so the gears now touch. There is your magic 17psi with a stock pulley. Of course, this is just my theory.

Here is a pic of the gears for reference.
111322_18lo.jpg

Last edited:

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Guys I don't think regearing anything on the inside of the supercharger will change anything nor is it possible

ct_126004.jpg

super-charger-fix.jpg

The blower snout shaft is connected directly to one rotor, while the gear set is only used as a drive for the other rotor. They have to spin at the same speed so there can be no "big gear little gear" . The gears have a 1 -1 ratio so that the rotors spin at the same speed, in opposite direction. Changing the teeth on both gears is not going to affect anything. Two gears with 100 teeth will spin the same speed when meshed together as two gears with 25 teeth each.

The gearing on the inside doesn't have any effect on the rotor speed what so ever.. It simply drives Rotor B from rotor A.

If you look at the second picture, the two rotors also "mesh" together, creating boost... they have to spin at the same speed in opposite directions or they would collide.

If i'm terribly wrong someone please correct me.

You can re- gear a supercharger, just not this type of supercharger. A centrifugal blower actually has a small transmission which overdrives the impeller from the pulley speed. Different blowers come with different ratios in the transmission of the supercharger. With a roots this is simply just not the case.

Also look at this whipple cutaway, I just see no way that the shaft can spin at a different speed than the rotors.. I've never had one apart, so I can't say for sure how its made but by looking at the drawings the "primary" rotor looks to be directly connected to the shaft. Since this is the case I dont' see how the guys snake bite rotor turned 1 and 1/3 of a revolution from 1 shaft revolution unless there is something going on that i don't see.
sc_cutaway2.jpg

Unless its made like this lol:
442466_731214_1916_1030_379000druck2.jpg

Also I think its awesome how we are so quick to assign acronyms to mods... "SB" was born in one thread. wtf What if I had a sonic blue cobra with a snake bite port on the way to santa barbara... how confusing would that get on svtp (svtperformance) he he he

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Noone's to say that there isn't an extra drive gear added inside the snout. $1500 seems pretty reasonable to basically 'engineer' a whole new snout. Straight from the mouth of Bob, the SnakeBite spins 16,000 RPMs on stock upper/lower. That's what? 4,000 over stock (That would work out to be 1/3 faster than stock.... explains the 1 1/3 turns)? Something besides a pulley makes it spin faster, and there ain't much it could be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread